First Day Of School: These People Suck

First Day Of School: These People Suck

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

Picking up from where the character's note left off about Marty Staring at her. The italicized text is what she is scribbling down in her journal. (Pellervo Markku)

"
I look up from my notebook again, to quickly see if Marty Maniac is still staring at me. He is. Why? Is there someone behind me?
I turn around to check. Nope, no one is behind me. When I turn back to glance at Maniac. He's laughing now.
'What?' I mouth. Marty Maniac just keeps snickering. His friends are laughing now too.
Then I see it. Barely out of my vision, I see the little bit of color on the bridge of my nose. While trying to find out what it is, I go cross-eyed.
Marty Maniac and his friends burst out laughing, loudly interrupting the entire class. Mrs. Crazy glares at him, then at me. "Get out!" She jabs her finger to the door. Her hawk eyes bore into our backs as we walk out.
"Nice going, Paylahvo." Marty Maniac glares at me and pronounces my name wrong.
"Pellervo." I correct him.
"What?" He stops glaring and just looks confused now.
"My name isn't Paylahvo, it's pronounced Pel-ler-vo." I frown. No one ever gets my name right, it's because it's Finnish.
"Well, any ways, you just got us kicked out of class on the first day Pel-ler-vo. My perfect attendance is RUINED!" Marty Maniac storms off down the hall.
I decide to walk in the opposite direction and go to my locker. I probably still have a can of Monster in there, and I'm thirsty. So, you know, quench that thirst!
I bump into Kayla in the halls. She smiles and waves as she falls into step with me. Her perfectly styled blonde hair bobbing with every step she takes. I'm so jealous of her. Everything she does is absolutely perfect. Her hair, makeup, clothes, grades, family, face, even her friends are perfect. Well, her friends minus me. I am the only one that she talks to that isn't an angel. I think she just talks to me so she can brag about having a 'foreign friend', but I'm not fron Finland.
Kayla has already had a perfect day, I can tell by the way she smiles before talking. "So, guess who asked me out!" She chimes in her perfect voice.
"Who?" I try my best to sound interested.
"Brian!" Kayla says his name like a fangirl shouts Justin Beiber's name.
"Who?" I really don't know who Brian is. Knowing Kayla he will be the star quarter back of the football team.
"He's the quarter back! Number 78? You have to know who that is!" Kayla rolls her eyes at my ignorance to the popular guys. How did I guess that it would be the QB? I must be Sherlock Holmes.
"Oh, yeah, him. Sorry, I forgot." I lie to Kayla. I still don't know who he is.
"Kayla!" Another girl calls out. It's Angie, another amazingly perfect girl. She has this shade of brown hair that shines in the light, blue eyes that make guys swoon, and a body that every girl would kill for.
I'm nothing compared to these two. I have a plain black shade of hair, dark brown eyes, and a boyish body type. Nothing about me makes guys drool or girls jealous. In fact, I probably make girls say ick and the only reason I talk to guys is to brag about Call Of Duty.
So, Kayla and Angie are definitely not my type of people, but somehow I got chosen by them. It's strange to sit down at their table and have everyone turn and stare at me.
"Why are you two skipping? Don't you have grades to keep perfect?" I ask them, realizing that I come off as rude.
"I'm skipping to meet with Brian..." Kayla smiles to herself at the thought of him.
"I'm going to meet Rhian." Angie looks at me, waiting for my answer. "You?"
"I got kicked out for having some weird colored s**t on my nose." I realize that I haven't rubbed it off yet.
"It's paint." Kayla states. I rub it off on my letter jacket's sleeve. The jacket isn't for the school, it's a Drop Dead jacket. The teachers hate the poor thing, all it wanted was to be loved and worn every day. But no, it's grotesque and vulgar.
"Well, I'm off to drink some Monster and eat animal Crackers. Have fun with whatever you two will be doing." I sigh and stop at my locker. At least once I'm on a Monster energy buzz I will be too hyper to be bothered by Angie and Kayla having boyfriends and me, well you know, not.



© 2011 Becky Lawrence


Author's Note

Becky Lawrence
Honest comments please? Pellervo sounds overly whiney and self-pitying, but that's exactly how I want it. She kind of reminds me of Marvin from Hitchikers' Guide, but not a robot and not so depressing haha
the picture is her jacket, i didn't know if anyone hadn't seen it before

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Had you pegged as a gamer, as a guy from britain all of this is kind of new to me, but you make it very clear whats what, which i liked.
As always your dialogue is very witty, each character is clearly defined by what they say. I can relate to being the gamer outcast though.
Good so far, i shall read on:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Had you pegged as a gamer, as a guy from britain all of this is kind of new to me, but you make it very clear whats what, which i liked.
As always your dialogue is very witty, each character is clearly defined by what they say. I can relate to being the gamer outcast though.
Good so far, i shall read on:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gamer chicks are awesome. ^.^ But I want you to be careful and not step into the stereotype path. The geeky girl with the popular friend thing, but I'm sure you'll make it interesting. And COD? Come on, she must have better taste than that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing