It's Excruciating, Like Justin Beiber...

It's Excruciating, Like Justin Beiber...

A Chapter by Becky Lawrence
"

A discussion with a friend made this entire chapter... We are idiots, just as a heads up...

"
The teacher's voice drones on in that horribly monotonous way. I have to try as hard as I can to not put my headphones on to block it all out. My ears feel assaulted by the noise. When will it be work time? All I want is for his voice to stop!
"It's excruciating." Chaz mutters to me.
I nod. "Like Justin Beiber."
"Don't even speak its name!" Chaz gasps in mock horror.
"Silence!" The teacher snaps. Chaz and I flinch away from the terrible sound.
Chaz begins to over exaggerate the teacher's every move. I stifle laughter and bury my face in my arm. We must look like idiots. Chaz flings his arm to the side and hits me. I get startled and fall off my chair.
"What are you doing?" I look up and see Kayla glaring at me from her desk.
"Your mother." I snicker like that is the best joke in the history of the universe.
"Grow up." She rolls her eyes and turns away from me. The teacher doesn't say a word to me about being on the floor.
"Hey, Pellervo!" Chaz shouts. "You must be right spifficated right now!"
"I'm completely ossified!" I respond with a laugh. We are using words from the word bank that the teacher gave us yesterday.
"Alcohol and other related things are not school appropriate subjects." The teacher frowns.
I'm not sure why I am still laying face down on the floor, but I stay there to continue being an idiot. Chaz doesn't say anything more. Is he afraid of getting into trouble? Well, I'm absolutely shameless, so lets try to make the teacher as angry as possible.
"Chaz, I'm going to get someone to bump you off one day." I say.
"Not if I can first! And besides, you have had to much giggle water to be able to do anything!" Chaz responds before throwing himself down onto the floor next to me.
"What are you doing? We ain't in no struggle buggy now!" I giggle.
"Pellervo!" The teacher shouts.
"Hm... Struggle buggy... That's a swell idea!" Chaz grins.
"You're not necking with me, kiddo. Go find some flapper or sheba to do that with." I roll across the floor away from him.
"You're talking like you ain't a sheba!" Chaz rolls across the floor after me. "'cause in my opinion, you have a lot of sex appeal."
I stop and do the awkward turtle with my hands. It takes a moment for this to register with Chaz. "Oh! S**t, i didn't mean it like that, you know. Right?"
"Don't cuss! Both of you, get out of my class!" The teacher jabs his finger towards the door.
Chaz and I don't get up and walk to the door. What fun is that? Instead we roll the the door, yelling at each other with more slang from the 20s.


© 2011 Becky Lawrence


Author's Note

Becky Lawrence
sorry if it's super confusing with the 1920s slang. In US History we are studying the twenties, so you know haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I studied the 1920's back in the day (sound like old man, much?) so understood the slang, also your writing is relatable it's weird, it's why i have enjoyed this book so far and can't wait to see where it goes, you manage to be funny, topical and sort of "hip" (hate using that word) without being irritating, nice work.
Keep going!:)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 21, 2011


Author

Becky Lawrence
Becky Lawrence

About
I've been writing since seventh grade. It started as a hobby and became an addiction. I have become an insomniac because of the thoughts and ideas going on in my head. I will read most read request.. more..

Writing