Mary Had a Little Lamb

Mary Had a Little Lamb

A Chapter by Barbara Leah
"

Everywhere........

"

Mary had a little lamb,

Its fleece was white as snow;

And everywhere that Mary went

The lamb was sure to go.

It followed her to school one day,

That was against the rule.

It made the children laugh and play

To see a lamb at school.


One day, little Mary and her classmates were taken on a field trip to the country fair. Mary’s favorite part was the petting zoo where they could play with the cute farm animals. As for Mary, she became fond of a certain little lamb. She actually played with it all morning, until a farmer took the lamb away from her embrace. Mary followed the farmer into a barn, and inside, she saw the lamb got slaughtered and its fleece was soaked with blood. Mary could do nothing but cry.


At home, her mother served lamb chop for dinner. Mary only stared at it until she heard it bleat. That night, poor Mary could not sleep and only thought of that innocent lamb being brutally killed. She could still hear it crying for help in her head. At school, she became unstable for she could still hear it bleating, and her classmates would laugh at her whenever she shouted, “Get out of my head!” Then, she felt another strange thing. The bleating stopped, but Mary could feel she was being stalked. She always stopped and looked around whenever she walked to school. She became more paranoid than before, and her teacher would scold her whenever she shouted, “Get away from me!”


Mary soon realized that it was the ghost of that cute little lamb. She went to the petting zoo again and saw another lamb just like it. She asked her parents to buy it for her, but it was too expensive for them. Mary then stole the little lamb, and hid it in her room. But she was caught when the lamb followed her to school one day. The farmer, who’s looking for the lamb for a long time, came to the school and took away the lamb from Mary.


Mary ran after his truck. She soon reached the new slaughter house where processing animals was done by machines. From inside it Mary heard the little lamb’s cries of agony, and she could imagine everything. Then, she looked up a chimney where the fleece was thrown out. Mary watched the small bundles of wool fall down slowly like snow. A “snowflake” soon touched her nose and little Mary went mad.



© 2009 Barbara Leah


Author's Note

Barbara Leah
My favorite part here is when it was snowing fleece. Can you imagine that?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on September 10, 2009


Author

Barbara Leah
Barbara Leah

Tuguegarao City, Philippines



About
I'm a film student who wants to be an animated film maker. My stories are more on dark fantasy. I'm a perky goth. My psyche looks like a pink butterfly silhouette upon a pitch black background. more..

Writing
Jack Sprat Jack Sprat

A Chapter by Barbara Leah