Jack Horner

Jack Horner

A Chapter by Barbara Leah
"

What a bad boy am I!

"

Jack Horner sat in a corner,

Eating a Christmas pie.

He put in his thumb,

And pulled out a plum.

And said, “What a good boy am I!”


It was Christmas and Jack Horner opened his piggy bank. He found enough money to treat his self out in a fancy restaurant for Christmas dinner. For you see, Jack only lived alone in an abandoned place and his house was at the farthest and darkest corner of the cul de sac. He rarely came out because he hated people, not feared. In the case of going out at Christmas Eve, he just wished everyone would live him alone.


Thus, he sat on the farthest and darkest corner of the fancy restaurant. He ordered a very special and expensive dish called Christmas pie. It’s made of all berries, from color red to violet, rare herbs and spices like pine mint, bark-brown chocolate, rose petals, gold leaves, and angel whip cream. Jack was enjoying every bite of it, until a snooty guy and his entourage approached him, calling him names, insulting him to get lost, and stuffs like that. But Jack only ignored their annoyance, until the guy smashed Jack’s pie with his fist.


“Y’know, that pie caused me a lot, almost like that ring on your thumb. You better pay it back.”


Yet, the guy and his entourage laughed at him and tantalized Jack by showing all his fingers with a ring each, especially the thumb, “You want this amethyst? Better get it, doofus.” After receiving more mockery, Jack grabbed the guy hand and pinned it down on the rest of the pie. He then held out his knife and sliced the guy’s thumb, and pulled out the plum-colored amethyst ring. The guy and his entourage began shouting extreme expletives. But it was only for a short moment because Jack was quick in mutilating them all. He then went to the bartender, showed the bloody amethyst ring and ordered another Christmas pie.

 



© 2009 Barbara Leah


Author's Note

Barbara Leah
I based Jack's character design on a comic by Jhonen Vasquez called Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. I guess you could call my story JTHM: Jack the Homicidal Maniac. (okay, corny)

Sorry that I didn't elaborate much on the mutilation. This was just a one shot. Besides, I prefer drawing the scenes to express what I meant by Jack's mutilating the entourage.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on September 10, 2009
Last Updated on September 10, 2009


Author

Barbara Leah
Barbara Leah

Tuguegarao City, Philippines



About
I'm a film student who wants to be an animated film maker. My stories are more on dark fantasy. I'm a perky goth. My psyche looks like a pink butterfly silhouette upon a pitch black background. more..

Writing
Jack Sprat Jack Sprat

A Chapter by Barbara Leah