The Garden of Eve 1

The Garden of Eve 1

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

... lil something i've been working on.. its the first chapter..

"

The World Turns Upside Down

It was another boring day at school and Eve De Marco just stared out the window. She’d been here for months now and the days just seemed to melt together. Her life had gone through many changes over the years, but never had it been this boring. Sometimes she was sure that this couldn’t be her life and it had to be some type nightmare. But as she sat there staring out at the gloomy gray sky, she knew that this was her new reality. And there was no going back to her old life, no matter how much she wanted to sometimes.

            Today happened to be a particularly boring day because her exact 3 friends at this school were all absent. Morgana Wrecker was on vacation with her family and Danny and Ben Kane were probably just skipping school. She wished she’d skipped school today, but for some reason she felt bad doing it. Once upon a time in what now seemed like another person’s life, she was out of school more days than she was in. Here with her new foster parents in this boring suburban town, she was a different person. She went to school more often than not and she actually made an effort. There was no staying out late and running the streets. Here she was boring and almost fit into this boring town with its boring school.

            When the bell rang she gathered her stuff and walked down the hall to her next class in a daze. The day seemed to be dragging on, but after this class was lunch so it was at least the mid-point of the day. Still she didn’t particularly want to stay the rest of the day, but she didn’t have anything to do outside of school anyway. Once inside her English class she went to her usual seat in the back by the window. She was too busy aimlessly staring out the window to notice that someone had sat next to her, until he spoke.

            “Hey,” he said and she turned and stared. Why was Cornelius Jay talking to her? She was pretty sure he’d never spoken a word to her in the time she’d been at that school. So why today? He happened to be Mr. Popularity, football star and the rich kid with stuck up friends.

            “Hi,” she replied before turning her attention to her notebook on her desk. It was already open so she could pretend to take notes. She looked down at the page with the various doodles she’d drawn in the margins out of boredom.

            “So do you like this book we’re supposed to read? I can’t really get into it,” he said. Again she stared at him, why was he trying to spark a conversation?

            “It’s ok I guess,” she said looking around the room. The bell hadn’t rung yet, so a good portion of the class wasn’t there yet. But she did notice that Cornelius’ friends were gathered near the door whispering and throwing glances her way. So this had to be a joke, of course they would want to pick on her. But little did they know she wasn’t one to mess with, even if she was quiet.

            “You know I don’t think you and I have ever really gotten a chance to talk,” he said. The innocent look on his face made her wonder what his intentions were exactly.

            “Talk about what?” She asked while secretly wishing class would start and he’d go away. Normally the bell seemed to ring quickly, today that didn’t seem to be the case.

            “I don’t know anything, just in general I guess,” he said shrugging. He looked back towards the door just as the bell rang, and then looked back to her.

            “Yeah well there’s no reason to bother yourself,” she replied. Where was the teacher? The bell rang and the hall was empty, but there was no teacher. In the time that Eve had been in this school she couldn’t quite remember a time when their English teacher wasn’t there before class began.

            “Bother? Not at all, I just never was able to approach you. Especially with the Kane brothers always guarding you,” he said clearly trying not to look back again.

            “Cornelius,” Cindy Porter called when she came over. She glared at Eve then stood in between her and Cornelius and completed the action by throwing her long light brown hair back. It was all to show Eve that she was not wanted by their crowd.

Normally she would have ignored it because Eve really just didn’t care about anything these days. But for some reason this Cindy Porter made her want to get up and knock her out. Maybe it was because she had a lot of pent up anger that had just been building up the past six months and was ready to explode. These silly rich girls didn’t know her; they didn’t know where she came from and what she’d gone through. They didn’t know that all she wanted was to be left alone. Today was just not the day for them to take an interest in her. She purposely made herself an outcast because she didn’t need friends or anybody. The friends she had understood her to a point, but the one person in the world who knew her was the one person she couldn’t see.

Cindy was leaning over whispering to Cornelius, he looked annoyed. It was a surprise when his eyes met Eve’s again. At this point Eve was ready to choke this girl, it felt like a territorial thing. While she didn’t even really know Cornelius or particularly want to know him, this girl was in her space. She figured by talking to him she was invading Cindy’s territory, but she didn’t care. When had she actually said she wanted to talk to him? And where was the teacher? This whole situation was frustrating her, why had these people suddenly decided to notice her? Today was a good day to skip school and she was almost certain that after this class she was leaving.

“Cindy, just go away,” Cornelius said and that grabbed her attention.

Eve had gone back to staring out the window in an attempt to calm her manic brain. After thinking about it for a few seconds she realized how crazy she was being. Why care about these stupid kids? They had no idea what life was really like, they couldn’t make it in the real world. She was being irrational by caring for a moment about what other people thought, especially these people. Cindy looked back at Eve and gave her a dirty look before stalking off back across the room to her friends. They all whispered and stared at Eve.

“Sorry about her,” Cornelius said. What surprised her was that he actually looked genuinely sorry. “Anyway, I was thinking of going out for lunch, wanna come?” He looked kind of desperate for the company and she had to admit this would make skipping a lot easier. Plus of course he had a car, but still none of this made any sense.

“Are you buying?” She asked and he smiled, which was a shock.

“Of course, a lady should never have to pay,” he said.

“Well I was planning on getting out of here anyway,” she said with a shrugged.

“So that’s a yes?” He asked and she just nodded in response. “Today must be my lucky day,” he said. Before she could respond, the vice principal came in to announce that their teacher had gone home early. It was some kind of family emergency, so he was taking over the class.

 

 

 

There had to be a catch, there was always a catch. Nobody was ever nice for no reason, at least not to her. So she stood at the mirror in the empty ladies room and stared at her reflection. She had on a tank top and jeans, nothing too exciting and her curly dark hair was up in a ponytail. By her calculations she looked boring and average. In her old life she’d never have settled for average and she wouldn’t have been out without make up. After looking over herself several times, she came to the conclusion that there was no way Cornelius could think she was gonna have sex with him. That was all guys use to think and to some degree it was kind of true. But that was all behind her now, she wasn’t that person anymore. Then again maybe she just looked like that type and that was what he wanted, it wouldn’t have been much of a surprise.

When she went back to join Cornelius in their cozy little corner at Starbucks, he looked up and smiled at her. What was he thinking? What were his intentions? Before coming here they’d stopped and got a sandwich to share and some cheese fries.  She curled up in the comfy chair next to him and picked up her caramel frappacino. If someone had told her yesterday that she would be hanging out with Cornelius Jay and not hating it she would have never believed it. Despite what she’d previously thought he was a nice person, or so he seemed. Maybe she shouldn’t always be so quick to judge, she knew from experience that things weren’t always what they seemed to be.

“So tell me how’d you end up here anyway?” He asked, it was weird that he actually was trying to get to know her. Nobody ever really did that, especially guys.

“Oh my last foster parents didn’t work out and it was a lot of drama and my sister and I had to be separated.” She said it but she was surprised she did, why was she telling him the truth? The look on his face made her regret it, because now he was going to want details and that wasn’t so easy.

“You just have the one sister?” That wasn’t what she expected him to ask, she nodded in response. “I use to have a twin,” he said not making eye contact with her. Instead he stared down at his cup and a long silence followed.

“If you don’t wanna talk about it then I won’t ask,” she told him. Finally he looked back up at her and smiled.

“She died, a drowning accident,” he told her.

“I’m not allowed to see my sister or have any contact with her until I’m 18. She was the only family I had for years and now the court decided we would be better off separated,” she told him and he nodded.

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but do you wanna come back to my house? You said you didn’t wanna go back to school and I don’t feel like it either,” he said.

“I have nothing better to do,” she said and he smiled.

“Nobody will be home till late so we’ll have the place to ourselves, I need the quiet,” he went on.

They cleaned up their stuff and headed back out to his car. Eve was hoping the whole time that it wouldn’t be what she was thinking. Maybe he really did just want to hang out with her. That was what she wanted to believe but he was a guy and she had once been known for being “easy”. Even if it wasn’t in this town or at this school, maybe he could just tell. If he tried something she wasn’t exactly sure what she’d do about it. The last boy she’d kissed happened to be her best friend’s brother and they’d done a lot more than kissing. But that was months ago and she had changed a lot in the time since then. There were just too many unknowns here and it was bothering her, but at the same time she was curious. And it was her curiosity that had a tendency to get her in trouble at times. Even though she was enjoying hanging out with Cornelius and was surprised that they actually had things to talk about, she still had to be cautious.

 

When they pulled up in the driveway of the enormous house, Eve was speechless. She’d known a lot of the kids at school were rich, but she hadn’t expected that Cornelius lived in a small mansion. He led her through the house pointing out places as he led her to his room. For it to be a teenage boy’s room it was surprisingly very tidy. Once they were in his room he shut the door and gestured for her to sit on his bed. She was pretty sure she knew what was coming after he disappeared into his walk in closet.

“I have some movies if you wanna watch something,” he came out with a few DVDs in his hand. That wasn’t hardly what she was expecting.

“Put in whatever you want,” she told him. He set the DVDs in his hand down on the desk and came to join her on his bed. He sat on the opposite side from her.

“How do you do it?” He asked and she just stared at him blankly. “I mean move around and live with strangers, what happened to your family? I know I shouldn’t ask, but I’m curious and if you don’t wanna say anything I understand.” Again he was looking away from her not making eye contact.

“I got use to it, besides before this I always had Claira. Now she’s in some kind of reform place. Our mom is a con-artist and our dad’s in jail. Mom left us to fend for ourselves for a few months and we were caught and passed around from home to home. Then a bunch of stuff I don’t care to talk about happened and they decided I needed to be away from Claira and she needed serious help. I was just born into a family that always takes what they want no matter what,” she told him.

It was funny that she could even talk about any of this, especially to him. But maybe the reason it was so easy to talk to him was because he didn’t know her, and because he had shown an interest in her when people usually ran away. Or was it that she was so use to Claira scaring people away that it seemed like they just looked at her and headed for the hills? She wasn’t sure, but it was true that her sister made the two of them outcasts purposely everywhere they went. Though she was also the reason that everywhere they went Eve was labeled as a w***e, they both were. Without Claira she still was an outcast, but she hadn’t wanted to make friends. What was the point of having friends anyway? Friends and boyfriends were the ones that betrayed you and hurt you the most. That was part of the reason she didn’t trust anybody. Towards the end of their time together, she’d even stopped trusting Claira. But it was all in the past now and she didn’t want to think about it. She hoped Cornelius wouldn’t ask more questions, because she knew she wouldn’t be able to stop herself from answering. There was just something about him that made her want to pour out her heart and soul to him.

“Am I getting too personal with you? We just met and all and I’m sure you think I’m crazy right? I just randomly come up to you in school and bring you back here,” he said and she just shrugged. “The truth is that I wanted to talk to you the first time I saw you, but I never knew what to say. I’ve been making a lot of changes in my life lately so I thought why not just say something today. Guess I picked a good day,” he said. He smiled at her and she couldn’t help but to smile back. This was bizarre but it felt normal and nothing had been normal for her for a very long time.

“I know a lot about changes,” she said. It was true her whole life was completely changed so quickly. One bad decision and everything she knew and loved was gone, and it wasn’t even her decision. “You look troubled, tell Mama Eve what’s on your mind,” she said lying back in his bed. He smiled at her and laid beside her, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“My life feels meaningless, my friends live in another world and I guess I just need to be different. I’ve felt like this for a long time but it was always just easy to play it safe ya know? Besides that what was I gonna do really? I am Cornelius Jay and everybody I know and even people I don’t expect certain things from me,” he told her.

“It’s understandable, but if you want to be different then be different don’t let other people tell you who you are,” she said. If he’d known her before he’d have laughed when she said this. Though if he knew her back then he would never have asked for advice and most likely he wouldn’t have talked to her.

“Where have you been all my life?” He asked rolling over on his side to face her.

“All over the world,” she replied. “I was born in Italy and we went back to live in Russia where my mother’s from when I was young and we came here when I was 7. Then we became citizens but later stayed almost a year in South America and in Canada. We also lived in a bunch of different states,” she said. It wasn’t surprising that he was clearly impressed, but it wasn’t as glamorous as it seemed.

“So if you don’t mind me asking, where are you parents?” The fact that he asked wasn’t surprising, it was mostly that he hadn’t asked earlier.

“Um as I said before my dad is in jail I think and my mom disappeared again. My mom will pop herself up sooner or later, she always does and usually that’s when things go from bad to worse,” she told him. His expressions were intriguing her; he didn’t seem put off by her ghost of a mother and jail-bird father. It was weird; he just seemed genuinely interesting in getting to know her.

“Wow and I thought my life was complicated,” he said and she laughed.

“You don’t know the half of it,” she told him. “Before I came here the court got restraining orders to keep both my mother and sister away from me,” she said. Saying it out loud made it real, she hadn’t said it in a long time.

Suddenly she realized baring her soul might not be a good idea. Here she was with the most popular guy in school and she was telling him things that she didn’t want to admit to herself. She’d figured that if she didn’t say it then it wasn’t true, but it was true. Her family wasn’t allowed near her, for good reason but none of it was her idea. No matter what they did they were her only family and there was no replacing them. Once she turned 18 she was free to do whatever she wanted and she was pretty sure they would find her before then. That was the thing with her mother, she could always find her girls no matter where they were and no matter how long she was gone. So she knew that Sanoe De Marco would find away to rescue Claira and then they would come for her. Until they did, she was determined to stay out of trouble and keep her head down. Though she wasn’t so sure just yet if she wanted to go away with them, because if she did then she knew things would get bad. And this time there would be way more sever consequences.

“You don’t have to talk about it,” Cornelius said and she stared at him. For a moment she’d gotten so lost in her thoughts that she forgotten where she was and who she was with. Clearly she’d had some kind of facial expression that worried him, because his eyes were pools of concern. Before she could respond he pulled her across the bed into his arms. Then she was completely speechless.

 

 

“Ok I can’t wait till I get back,” Morgana was saying on the phone. It was the first time Eve had talked to her since she’d gone on vacation. They texted each other regularly, but now Morgana was on her way back home.

“Not a big deal,” she said for the tenth time since they start talking. She was glad to have Morgana to talk to about stupid girl stuff, like boys.

It had been almost two weeks since she’d start hanging out with Cornelius and she was starting to like him. Danny and Ben weren’t around much because they were trapped in the middle of their parents’ divorce, which included a complicated and nasty custody battle. Even so they didn’t like Cornelius and they were overprotective of her. They had become her self appointed big brothers. And being that they were teenage boys they of course had no interest in her love life. Morgana however was excited about the whole thing and even though she hated to admit it Eve was excited too. It had been a long time she liked a boy. And she knew he liked her, but nothing had happened. All they did was hang out and talk pretty much everyday. Because of that all of his friends hated her, but of course she didn’t care about them.

“Well I’ll let you go but I will be over as soon as I can,” Morgana said.

“Fine, I’ll see you then,” Eve replied before hanging up the phone. Then she went downstairs so she could leave for school.

“Eve, is your friend picking you up again today?” Joan asked when she’d come into the kitchen.

“Yeah, he should be here soon,” she replied. For once she liked her foster parents; they were the most normal people she’d ever lived with.

Joan and William Ferris were nice people who actually cared about her. It was weird to live in a house where the parents would drive you to school if you wanted and had dinner together. They asked her about her day and cared how she was and offered to help with homework, it was like being the twilight zone or something. Basically her whole life here was like that now; it was the complete opposite of her old life. And though she would probably never admit it, she liked this normal stable life.

“So are things getting serious with this boy?” Joan asked smiling; Eve tried hard to keep a straight face.

“We’re just hanging out,” she told her. And as if on cue, they could hear a car pull into the driveway and he honked the horn. “I think it might go somewhere,” she went on. Then she pulled on the hoodie she had hanging up by the door, it belonged to Cornelius. Joan walked with her to the door like usual and peeked out the door. The Ferris’ had yet to meet Cornelius but they both expressed an interest in having him over.

“No pressure but he’s welcome to join us for dinner tonight,” Joan told her.

“We’ll see,” Eve replied as she stepped out onto the porch.

“Good, I’ll see you later,” Joan said with an even bigger smile.

“Bye,” Eve said heading to Cornelius’ car. She knew she couldn’t stall much long with the Ferris’ they were really excited for her. They knew a lot of went on before she’d come to them and they did everything they could to try to make her happy.

“Hey beautiful,” Cornelius greeted when she got in the car.

“My new parents want to meet you,” she replied and he smiled.

“Taking me home to meet the parents already?” He asked, it was clear that he wasn’t turned off by the whole thing. She wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing, but if he was up for it why not?

“Their idea not mine,” she said shrugged.

“I want a bribe,” he said with this mischievous look on his face.

“What do you want?” She asked, she watching his face trying to figure out what he was up to exactly.

“I don’t feel like school today so you wanna come to my house?” He asked that wasn’t what she was expecting. It wasn’t that she expected him to want to do something bad, but he’d told her that he didn’t skip school.

“I’m a bad influence on you aren’t I?” She asked and he just laughed.

“Not really, anyway we can hang out and I’ll even make you lunch. Later I’ll come home with you and meet your parents, maybe even stay for dinner. Sound good to you?” He asked and she just nodded, it wasn’t a bad idea and even so she didn’t have much of a choice.

 

 

“So is your family ever home?” Eve asked while Cornelius was digging around in the refrigerator. The kitchen in his house was big and beautiful. She was leaning against the island with its black marble counter.

“Not during the day and mostly not during the week,” he replied closing the door and coming out empty handed. He came over to where she stood in front of her. “What would you say if I told you I’ve been dreaming about making love to you right here on this counter,” he said. She wasn’t sure if she’d heard him right, did he really just say that?

“What?” She asked in disbelief, there was no way he’d just said that.

“It was a dream I had,” he said as if it were nothing. Before she could respond he kissed her.

Everything that followed their kiss seemed to happen so fast, starting with Eve being up on the counter. Cornelius kissed her with a hunger and passion, she couldn’t resist him. The hoodie she had been wearing was on the floor and he was all over her. This wasn’t something she had expected to happen, but she didn’t want it to end. It was true that there had been a bit of sexual tension between them, but she hadn’t thought it was this much. She also hadn’t known good boy Cornelius was like this. Until now she hadn’t realized how much she missed this type of thing.

“Little brother,” someone called out. Quickly they broke apart and the girl that came in laughed. “Never thought I’d see the day that you skipped school,” she went on looking even more amused. “Oh I’m Christianna, I’m his oldest sister,” she said to Eve.

“I’m Eve,” she said while getting down from the counter and pulling her skirt down. This wasn’t the first time in her life that she’d been caught in a compromising position. But this time she really felt embarrassed.

“What are you doing here?” Cornelius asked his sister.

“Apparently I’m here to deliver the condoms,” she replied with a laugh. “Don’t get mad at me because you got caught, that’s what your room is for. I can’t wait to see the look on Molly’s face when I tell her this. Mr. Perfect having sex in the kitchen!” She laughed as pulled out her blackberry  and start texting.

“We didn’t have sex,” he grumbled. “Come on Eve,” he said reaching for her hand. It was pretty clear that he was very annoyed with his sister.

“It was nice to meet you Eve,” Christianna said as Cornelius pulled her out of the kitchen.

“You too,” Eve said as they passed her.

“I’m sorry,” Cornelius said when they were in his room.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom,” she said heading back out the room.

When she was alone she tried to stop her head from spinning. Now she was absolutely positive that she’d stumbled into the twilight zone. Cornelius was a sweet good boy; he was respectful and well mannered. And suddenly he was trying to rip her clothes off? Around the time when his sister came in he’d been in the process of taking her panties off.

Why she’d wore a skirt today she didn’t know, but clearly it was a part of the problem. In comparison to her old wardrobe it wasn’t short, and the hoodie was covering up her tank top. Even though the weather was getting colder she still pretty much wore tank tops everyday. The point was that her outfit wasn’t too revealing or sex provoking. So why exactly had he pounced on her? It wasn’t that she was complaining because in another life she loved sex. But she wanted more than just sex now. Maybe she was wrong about Cornelius and all he wanted was sex. It didn’t make sense with all that happened between them, but this was after all the twilight zone. This was going to be a problem.

At the time when it was going on she didn’t care because she wasn’t thinking clearly. Maybe today had been a day she should have gone to school; if she had life would be normal again. She needed normal, and when she finally had it just like that it was gone. What she wanted was to live in a world where she could bring the guy she liked home for dinner and where parents were normal and had real legitimate jobs. But when she really thought about it, she’d never even met a guy that said he wanted to “make love” to her. In fact she was pretty sure that she didn’t know anybody at all that said things like that. She wasn’t sure what to make of anything that as going on, but she knew there was no getting away from an awkward conversation. So she headed back down the hall to Cornelius’ room.

“How long have you been going out with my brother?” Christianna asked. She’d suddenly appeared in the hallway blocking Eve’s way.

“Uh we aren’t really together,” Eve replied. She studied Christianna, she was tall and thin with long light brown hair. Her clothes suggested that she was a business woman; she wore a light blue pencil skirt and a white button up blouse. There were certain resemblances between her and Cornelius, but she looked like someone who was sweet until you messed with her then she’d take you down.

“Oh this is even better,” she said laughing. At the same time she’d pulled her blackberry back out and was clearly texting. “It’s not you really sweetie, it’s just that Cornelius doesn’t do things like this.”

“I hadn’t exactly expected it,” she admitted and Christianna stopped texting and stared straight at her.

“I know you aren’t one of his usually annoying little friends, thank God,                                    so how long have you been hooking up or whatever?” Christianna was watching her very closely and it was becoming unnerving.

“We just start hanging out two weeks ago, he never kissed me until today,” Eve told her. Yet again she had no reason not to be honest, even if Christianna was a stranger. The truth was that she was sort of hoping that maybe Christianna could shed some light on what was going on with Cornelius.

“Here put your number in my phone,” she said to Eve surprise. She handed over her blackberry and Eve typed in her cell phone number. “You and I will have to talk soon, but not here of course. Just so you know my little brother is definitely in love with you,” she said then walked off.

Christianna’s heels clicking on the hardwood floor echoed in Eve’s head. This was suddenly getting very complicated. Was this the price she had to pay in the pursuit of a normal life? She went back into Cornelius’ room where he was pacing and whispering to himself. Clearly he was very distraught about what happened; maybe it wasn’t what he had planned for them. But she wasn’t sure if it was because his hot sex fantasy was ruined or if it was something else. He didn’t even seem to notice that she’d come back, he just kept pacing and shaking his head.

“Hey,” she greeted and he stopped suddenly and stared at her.

“Eve, I’m so sorry,” he said crossing the room and taking her hands.

“For what exactly?” She asked, it was time to get to the bottom of everything and have the conversation she would have loved to avoid.

“Everything, my sister and what I did to you. I was totally out of line,” he said surprising her. They both went to sit on his bed; he refused to look her in the eyes. “I’m so embarrassed; I never do that type of thing. If that had been my mother she would’ve killed me. Now I’m gonna have to beg Chris to keep her mouth shut,” he said. It seemed like he was talking more to himself than her in regards to his family.

“So um I’m just wondering why you decided to molest me in your kitchen. I don’t mind really it was kinda hot, but was that why you wanted to skip school?” She wasn’t a shy person; she’d learned that it was always best to be straight forward. Even if like now, it would be awkward. It took a moment for him to give her an answer; he was clearly thinking about what was best to say.

“It wasn’t exactly my plan, but you happen to be leaning against the counter. You encouraged me to be different and make changes in my life. I would have never dreamed of doing that,” he said finally looking into her eyes. “But you are beautiful and I couldn’t help myself,” he told her. His tone of voice changed since he knew she wasn’t mad. She wanted to point out that clearly she wasn’t mad because she didn’t stop him.

“So I made you have dreams about me?” She asked and his face turned red and he looked away.

“I’m a guy, what do you expect? I’ve had you laying in my bed way too many times not to get ideas,” he told her and she laughed.

“Are you trying to tell me that you keep hanging out with me because you wanna have sex?” The question seemed to offend him, because he turned to stare at her with a sort of hurt expression.

“Do you really think that? I’m sorry if that’s how I made you feel,” he said pulling her into his arms. “I want to be with you, date or whatever,” he told her.

“Date? I don’t think I’ve ever done that,” she replied and he looked shocked.

“Well there’s a first time for everything,” he said then kissed her.

They lay in his bed kissing for what seemed like hours. Eve was starting to love the feeling of making out with someone again. There were a lot of things she liked about being with Cornelius. When she’d come to town she’d said she didn’t want to get caught up with a guy again and she’d done pretty well until now. In the almost four months she’d been living with the Ferris’ she devoted her time to working hard at being a model foster daughter and student. At school she tried to be invisible so the guys would ignore her and she could keep out of trouble. In her quest to stay away from trouble she’d forgotten how much she loved it the few times in her life that she had a guy to be with. It was mostly about the attention; Cornelius gave her a lot of that. But that wasn’t why she liked him so much; he was just a great guy.

  “At it again are we?” Christianna’s voice rang out over them; there was a giggle that didn’t belong to her. They turned to see that Christianna wasn’t alone standing in the doorway.

“You called her?” Cornelius asked Christianna and she just laughed.

“Eve, this is our sister Molly,” she said ignoring his question.

“Hi,” Eve said after she sat up, this day just kept getting weirder.

“I couldn’t believe that little brother has a new girlfriend,” Molly squealed. “It’s been forever, we’re so happy he found you,” she said. Cornelius looked completely embarrassed while his sisters laughed.

“Leave,” he said to them and they laughed harder.

“Fine, just use protection,” Christianna said and again they laughed.

“Be careful Eve, I unfortunately have heard that he’s a tiger in bed,” Molly said as they headed out. By the time they were down the hall you could still hear them laughing. Cornelius got up and locked his door.

“I want a new family,” he said sitting back on his bed next to Eve.

“They’re concerned,” Eve said. “I am just some random girl that you were in the process of having sex with in the kitchen. So when was the last time you had a girlfriend anyway?”

“Good question,” he said thoughtfully. “Last year, it was short and she turned out to be kinda skanky. Plus she was a snob and she didn’t get along with my family.”

“Ok so when was the last time you had sex?” She asked, she wasn’t sure she wanted to know the answer but it was good to know.

“I have no idea, something like over a year ago. Before you ask I haven’t hooked up with anybody either,” he told her. “Are you gonna tell me when was your last boyfriend and all that?” He asked which she figured he would, she didn’t want to answer.

“I don’t think I ever had a real boyfriend, but as far as sex goes it’s been like 3 months or so,” she said.

“So that was while you were here right? Anybody I know?” He asked, now she wished she had lied.

“It was stupid but Ben and I hooked up,” she told him and he nodded. His expression was a bit disapproving, which wasn’t surprising. It was quite tacky and s****y to mess around with your best friend’s brother.

“Want to go back to what we were doing?” Cornelius asked in an obvious attempt to change the subject. Eve smiled and leaned in to kiss him, she definitely didn’t want to divulge her sexual history to him. It was hard enough to admit her sexual misdeeds to herself; he really didn’t need to know. Just making out with Cornelius and being with him was good enough for her and digging up the past would only cause trouble.

 

 

“Where’s your girlfriend?” Chris asked when he’d come into the kitchen. She and Molly were sitting at the table most likely gossiping.

“Resting, I’m making her lunch,” he told her.

“That’s so cute,” Molly said.

“Explain why you were trying to have sex in the kitchen, you know anybody could have come home,” Chris said. It was a good question because he was wondering that himself. What was he thinking?

“It just kinda happened,” he said. Of course they didn’t believe him, he didn’t believe himself.

“Oh please things like that don’t just happen with you,” Chris said. It was true, things like this pretty much never happened with him.

“Let little brother have fun, she’s a pretty girl,” Molly said.

“She’s not even his type,” Chris said dismissively.

“I have a type?” He asked, though he was sure he’d regret asking.

“You do have a type,” Molly agreed.

“It’s those pamper me princess types, the ones that will never appreciate you. Little brother you are a tragic lover, you always find the wrong girls that will cheat on you and break your heart,” Chris said and Molly nodded.

“Eve isn’t like the others,” he said. It was true what they said, but she really was different. That was probably why he was drawn to her in the first place, she wasn’t like any girl he’d ever met.

“Clearly she isn’t,” Chris replied and she and Molly both laughed.

“It’s not that we don’t think she seems nice, it’s just what do you really know about her?” Molly asked, that was actually a good point. He didn’t really know Eve; he knew that no matter how much time they spent together she had a lot of secrets.

“She just moved here four months ago and lives with a foster family,” he told his sisters. Their reaction wasn’t surprising he knew what they must be thinking. It was hard for him not to think the same.

Clearly Eve had a dark past and he wasn’t going to hold that against her. In the time he’d seen her since school started she was quiet and a bit of a loner. That was what had attracted him to her in the first place; she was the opposite from his friends. He loved his friends, they had after all been his friends most of his life. But that didn’t mean he wanted to be stuck living the same life and being the same person he was in kindergarten. What type of life was that to be stuck in a rut since you were 5? His friends were loud and very judgmental and he was bored with them. Eve was honest and sweet and just different. She wasn’t concerned with her appearance like the girls he was friends with, and as far as he knew she didn’t waste her life caring about what this or that celebrity was doing.

It hadn’t even been a whole two weeks, but he was starting to fall for her. Maybe it was because he had in a way been stalking her since he’d first seen her. It wasn’t stalking in a way where he parked outside her house at night or followed her around or anything creepy for that matter. It was more like he might have stared at her a few million times in class and he’d been trying to figure out what to say to her for months. There was also the fact that he might have visited her Myspace page a few too many times. The whole thing was weird because he was never shy around girls, his sisters made sure that would never happen. But because she was from a world unlike his, it was different. He’d also been busy with football all of that semester and was finally free for awhile. Football wasn’t his only sport, plus he had other commitments that kept him pretty busy. It just happened to be that the day he’d come into English class and saw her there staring out the window and sitting alone, was the day he had no obligations and the day it just felt right.

So here he was, he’d accomplished what he’s set out to do. Not only had he spoken to her and hung out with her, he’d also managed to hang out with her everyday from the first day till now. Not to mention he finally kissed her, like he’d sort of planned to do today. But there was also the sexual misconduct they’d engaged in on the kitchen counter. That he still wasn’t sure about, why had he done it? He really did have a few naughty dreams about her, but he was human and it wasn’t a big deal. But wasn’t it way too soon to act on those urges? And it didn’t escape his notice that she hadn’t stopped him and had kissed him right back. The whole thing was a mess; if Chris hadn’t come home he knew he wouldn’t have stopped. But he didn’t want Eve to think he was some sexual predator, he really liked her, a lot. It wasn’t his intention but now that it had happened, he wanted to finish what he started. Back up in his room it took all his self control to just kiss her.

“What’s her last name?” Chris asked suddenly startling him from his thoughts.

“De Marco, why?” He wasn’t sure why, but he knew would regret telling her that.

“So what she’s like Latin or something?” Chris asked clearly avoiding answering his question.

“No, Italian, she was even born there,” he told her and she nodded.

“Ya’ll would make some cute babies,” Molly said and they both laughed.

“They were already practicing,” Chris said and they laughed more. “I never knew you were such an exhibitionist,” she went on and they both cracked up.

“Why are you even here? Don’t you both have lives and jobs?” He asked, he’d actually been wondering why Chris had shown up. Molly came because of her, but there was pretty much never anybody home during the day.

“Oh,” Chris said and suddenly neither of them was laughing. “Just had to pick a few things up,” she said refusing to look him in the eyes.

“I bet your girlfriend is starving,” Molly piped up. They didn’t want to tell him the truth, but their avoidance told him all he needed to know.

“Yeah, guess so” he said while closing the dishwasher. He’d just finished loading the last of the dishes he’d been using.

Between his sisters’ distraction and getting lost in thought he had been cooking on autopilot. He was surprised he hadn’t burned anything or made a mess, because he hadn’t paid much attention at all to what he’d been doing. It amazed him when he thought about how he’d just grilled chicken and cut up vegetables and made a pretty great looking salad without cutting or burning himself. He decided it would be best to just leave without saying anything else and it was pretty clear that they agreed. On his way back to his room he stopped noticing that there was a door opened and it shouldn’t have been. Without looking inside at all he pulled it closed. It was an unspoken rule that nobody went into Corrina’s room. Whatever Chris was up to involved Corrina and it just wasn’t something he wanted to get in on. Wasn’t it hard enough that the anniversary of her death was coming up way too soon? He pushed all the thoughts out of his mind; he was determined not to think about his dead sister more than usual today.

 

 

“I am never leaving town again,” Morgana squealed.

“Not a big deal,” Eve said, even though she couldn’t stop smiling. It was late; Morgana had gotten home earlier that night and came straight over. Her timing was perfect because Joan was still gushing about how much she liked Cornelius.

“He had dinner with your parents, pretty much it’s a huge deal,” Morgana said. “You are like a broken record you know? It wasn’t a big deal this morning either, then you skipped school to have sex with him,” she went on.

“We didn’t have sex,” Eve said. Part of her wished they had, but she was glad they hadn’t. She was determined to stay this person she’d become since moving here. And that girl would never have sex with a guy she barely knew, no matter how much she liked him or how cute he was.

“Yeah but he touched you all over,” Morgana laughed. “Would you have gone all the way?” She asked and Eve thought for a second.

“Yeah most likely,” Eve admitted. “I’m glad his sister came in.”

“Seriously? The hottest guy in school is trying to have sex with you and you’re glad it was a no go? You are insane; your past misdeeds aren’t bad enough that you should pass him up. If I didn’t know you were in love with him, I’d do him,” Morgana said and Eve laughed.

“I’ve worked very hard to change my ways, I’m not going to just screw him because I’m unbelievably horny,” Eve replied and they both laughed. “Oh and I’m not in love with him, I don’t even know him. Besides I don’t know anything about love, Jay was a huge mistake,” she said. Suddenly she wasn’t so amused anymore and she avoided Morgana’s eyes.

            Before things got too crazy and before the mess that got her where she was now, she’d thought she was in love. In fact she’d been considering running away with him, but that was a long time ago. Jay was the first guy she ever thought she loved and he said he loved her. It was a long time before she realized it was all a lie. How could you say you loved someone then turned around and cheated on them? That wasn’t by far the worst of it, but the whole story was too hard to believe.  There was some stalking and violence involved at the end of their so-called relationship. It wasn’t until after it was over that she realized he never really loved her and that it wasn’t much of a relationship, mostly it was sex. She’d had sex with him way too soon and she realized that was part of the problem. What she’d wanted was to be loved and that wasn’t what happened with him.

            “Forget Jay, he’s the past and Cornelius is your present and future. I’ve gone to school with him my whole life and let me tell you he has bad taste in girls, but he’s the sweetest and treats them right. You aren’t his typical girl, so what if you have a dark past you are way different from when I met you,” Morgana told her.

            Eve had to admit it was true that she was very different. She’d met Morgana her first day in town, she lived across the street. They became fast friends, mostly because Morgana was an undercover party girl and the weird outcast at school. She liked to dress in black and wear a lot of dark make up and she gave off this vampire vibe. Like Eve she wasn’t striving to be a popular kid or center of attention, she wanted to fade into the background. Also like Eve she had an older sister that was an attention getter. Claira wasn’t at all like Morgana’s sister, except that they both liked attention and would go out of their way to get it. When Eve had first arrived she found out that Morgana, who appeared to be your average everyday loner, could get into any college party she wanted to. Morgana liked to hang out with college students; she’d said they were more interesting than her peers. She in fact dated half the guys in one fraternity, had them all in love with her and never had sex with any of them. That was part of the reason she was Eve’s hero and one of her best friends.

            “We’ll see what happens with him, how bout that? I will admit that making out with him was pretty hot,” Eve said and they laughed. It was a surprise when she heard her cell phone ringing and an even bigger surprise when she saw who it was. “Isn’t it past your bed time?” She asked while Morgana was quietly asking who was calling and she mouthed that it was Cornelius.

            “Can’t sleep,” he said. “So you wanna come out?”

            “Now?” She asked as she pushed the speaker phone button on her phone so Morgana could listen in.

            “Yeah, why not?” He asked as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

            “It’s 2 o’clock in the morning,” she replied.

            “What would you say if I told you I’m outside your house right now?” He asked and both girls looked at each other then went to the window. There was his car parked out in front of her house and he stood leaning against it smiling up at them. A guy Eve didn’t know was standing out there with him shaking his head.

            “Morgana is here you know,” Eve said.

            “So is my brother,” he replied.

            “We’re coming out,” she told him.

            “Good,” he said then hung up the phone.

            “Oh I think that’s Mario with him, he’s hot,” Morgana said as they headed out. They crept through the house as quietly as they could and met the guys on the porch.

            “Miss me?” Cornelius asked as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

            “I saw you all day,” she replied coolly. In reality she was very happy to see him, but she didn’t want to admit that.

            “You dragged me out of the house so I can watch you make out with your girlfriend?” Mario asked, he didn’t really seem too annoyed but he was tapping his foot impatiently.

            “Eve, this is my brother Mario,” Cornelius said ignoring him. “Morgana I’m sure you’ve met him before,” he said and Morgana nodded.

            “It’s nice to meet the girl that has both of our sisters in an uproar,” Mario said to Eve. “You must be something, little brother doesn’t get this crazy over a girl,” he went on. He sat down in one of the chairs on the porch and Morgana went over and whispered something in his ear. In response he stared at her, she nodded and he smiled, then they start talking about something Eve couldn’t hear.

            “So why can’t you sleep?” Eve asked Cornelius, they sat down on the top step and he put his arm around her.

            “Keep thinking of you,” he said, but she had a feeling he was lying. There was something in his eyes that told her something was bothering him.

            “You’re crazy you know,” she told him, he just kissed her again. It was clear that she hadn’t yet been released from the twilight zone because this just didn’t seem like something Cornelius would do. Then again she didn’t know him that well, but it just seemed out of character for what she knew about him.

            “Aren’t you cold?” He asked, it wasn’t the warmest night out of course because it was the middle of October. She’d come out in her jammies which happened to be a tank top and sweat pants.

            “A little,” she said, but that was a lie, it was cold. He laughed at her and took off his hoodie and gave it to her.

            “We could go up to your room and keep warm,” he suggested.

            “I don’t trust you in my room, besides Joan and Will would flip out,” she told him. “Don’t even look offended after what you did to me earlier,” she said when she saw his expression.

            “I couldn’t help myself, anyway wanna go somewhere? It’s too cold to stay out here,” he said and that was true.

            “We could go on the back porch, it’s enclosed and heated,” she suggested. Sneaking out in the middle of the night wasn’t a part of her good girl persona, though she was pretty sure good girls didn’t have boys over in the middle of the night. It seemed like at least staying at home would be the most responsible thing to do.

            “Ok, lead the way,” he said.

            “Morgana, we’re going around to the back,” Eve said looking back. Morgana looked up with a look that Eve knew meant she was working her magic on Mario.

            “We’ll follow,” Mario said throwing a look towards his brother.

            “Lead the way,” Cornelius said to Eve. They walked around the side of the house instead of walking through, Eve figured this way they would make less noise.

            “Your brother is in trouble,” she told him when they sat down on the bench. She’d lit a few candles and pulled out a blanket for them, the heat from the house automatically came out on the porch through the vent.

            “Looks like it,” Cornelius replied. “I think you still look cold, come closer,” he told her. He pulled her over and she sat on his lap facing him with the blanket draped over her shoulders so it covered both of them. “Much better,” he said kissing her.

            “What are you doing?” Eve asked and Cornelius smiled. They had been just kissing for a pretty good amount of time when she felt him pulling the strings loose on her sweat pants.

            “Want to go to dinner tonight?” He asked clearly avoiding answering her question. “I think it’s about time I take you on a real date,” he said. Suddenly she forgot that he was trying to take her pants off.

            “A real date? Will that involve me dressing up?” She asked playfully, the thought of him taking her on an actual date was too much to comprehend. It was a good thing that Morgana was home and staying over, she needed a lot of girly-ness right now.

            “You don’t have to wear anything,” he said and she glared at him. “I figure if I don’t take you out soon then someone else might steal you from me,” he told her.

            “I think you just wanna get in my pants,” she replied. He seemed to be considering her a moment and smiled.

            “If I want to get in your pants I will,” he said. To prove it he started pulling down her sweat pants. “I want you for more than sex,” he whispered in her ear.           

            “What is it you want me for?” She asked, she was trying to keep focused on what mattered most and that was trying not to give up her newly found morals. Which was hard because she’d actually let him take her pants off.

            “Forever,” he whispered and she stared at him. Before she could question what he meant by that he kissed her. Then she heard footsteps which announced Morgana and Mario coming to join them.

           

 

            Eve woke up to the ringing of her cell phone; it was the third time in a row that it rang. It was pretty clear that someone was trying to get in touch with her, despite the fact that she wanted to sleep. So when it rang a fourth time she actually reached for it and saw that it was Christianna, before she could pick up she missed the call. Why was Cornelius’ sister calling her? It had been after 4am when Cornelius and Mario had left and it had been almost 7am before she and Morgana had stopped talking and went to sleep. And it being before noon at the moment didn’t make her particularly happy. The phone rang once again and this time she answered.

            “Finally,” Christianna said before Eve could even say ‘hello’.

            “I was asleep,” Eve told her somewhat annoyed.

            “Guess I would be too if I were entertaining guests all night,” she replied in a surprisingly cold tone. “Anyway, I’m on my way to your house. Molly and I are going to take you to lunch, so get ready,” she went on. It sounded more like a command than an invitation.

            “I can’t I have a friend staying over,” Eve told her.

            “Bring her, we’ll be there in fifteen,” Christianna said then hung up.

            “Morgana,” Eve called out and got a groan in response. “We’re being forced to go to lunch with the Jay sisters,” she said then rolled over. Morgana was sleeping on the day bed across the room; she opened an eye then yawned.

            “That’s what happens when you have sex with their little brother,” Morgana said rolling over.

            “We didn’t have sex,” Eve said as she finally got out of bed.

            “Don’t act like I didn’t see you with your pants off and him with his pants undone. I’m surprised that you miss goodie goodie wanted to do it on your back porch with mummy and daddy home. Guess he brings the bad girl in you back out,” Morgana said without turning around.

            “We really didn’t have sex, I’m sure he wanted to, but it didn’t happen. Anyway you were all over Mario,” she replied. She looked through her closet and then she looked at herself in the mirror. How improper would it be if wore her jammies out to lunch with Christianna and Molly? It was early and she was tired and didn’t particularly want to get dressed. “What should I wear? Yesterday I had on a skirt and Christianna walked in on us in the kitchen,” she said turning to where Morgana was still laying in bed.

            “You make life so difficult,” Morgana groaned as got up out of bed. “Here,” she said grabbing clothes out and handing them to Eve.

            “I’d be lost without you,” she said hugging her friend.

            “Why am I required to go?” Morgana asked as she was pulling on a long black skirt that belonged to Eve.

            “Maybe they heard about you and Mario,” Eve said while she was slipping into a long blue jean skirt.                                                   “Speaking of him I bet he’ll be calling tonight, there’s this party at his fraternity house,” she said thoughtfully. “Before you say a word about my partying, I would only go to hang with him. I’m being good like you were when I left two weeks ago,” she went on.

            “Hush, you don’t even know him all like that and you were all over him,” Eve replied.

            “Maybe, but we both kept our pants on,” Morgana said with a sneaky smile on her face. “Anyway, ya’ll should come to this party. I haven’t been to a party in ages cause somebody was preaching her good girl ways. Though I will admit I’m proud of you for being so good, when you told me about your past I didn’t think it was possible. You should just go ahead and do Neil already, I heard he’s beyond stressed,” she said matter of factly.

            “It’s weird ya know, I love that we start talking but at school its drama and tension. I don’t think he even talks to his friends anymore and because of that they hate me. It’s not like I told him not to talk to them, he just decided not to,” Eve said thoughtfully. That had been something she was wondering about ever since they had started hanging out, it was weird.

            “Really?  I know you said that, and it’s still hard to believe. They’ve been friends forever literally; I have to see it for myself so I can fully analyze the situation.” Morgana said before she followed the Eve to go brush her teeth.

            “So how did you know Mario before?” Eve asked while Morgana was brushing her hair, she had been wondering that since last night but had forgot to ask.

            “I know him from a past life when I was someone you would hate,” Morgana replied. “Once I was a very different person, that was a long time ago and we won’t go there. But I will say that I’ve been to your boyfriend’s house a few times. Besides Mario did go to our school once upon a time,” she said then went back into Eve’s room and it was clear she really did want talk about it. Though it was weird because Eve had told her about her past and there was nothing Morgana could tell her that was worse than the things she had done.

            “There goes the phone,” Eve said picking it up off her bed. She looked at her friend and sighed before she answered, she felt weird about this whole lunch thin.

 

 

            “So let’s get down to business,” Christianna said after they ordered. “My little brother is going through a hard time right now because of course our sister died around this time three years ago. So it’s strange to me that during time when he’s usually hiding and grieving internally that he would want to get into a relationship,” she said.

            “We aren’t exactly saying that you did something, it’s just odd,” Molly said.

            “She just moved here so she doesn’t know much about Corrina,” Morgana said before Eve could respond.

            “So are trying to say this isn’t real with him and me?” Eve asked surprising the three of them, they were clearly speechless.

            That had been one of the many things that had been going through her mind ever since she’d found out when Corrina died. Sometimes people tended to do things out of character when they were hurting, she knew a lot about that. Claira did most of the things she did because she was hurting. Unlike with Cornelius it wasn’t because someone had died but because she felt betrayed. Their parents had done so many things to both Eve and Claira that could never be forgiven; most of it had to do with abandonment. Because of their bad decisions Claira made bad decisions that got her Eve into trouble. It always seemed like Eve’s life was decided for her by other people. Not anymore, here she was trying to take charge of her life. When Cornelius had told her that he wanted to make changes in his life it reminded her of when she’d broken free from Claira.

            “No, we just want you to know that he might disappear on you and he might start acting very weird. I can tell you both like each other a lot; he’s never had a twinkle in his eyes like that before. Really the life has been gone from his eyes for a long time,” Molly said.           

            “I remember you,” Christianna said suddenly staring straight at Morgana. “You’re Patrick’s little sister, the one that use to hang out with Neil and his friends,” she said. Eve stared at Morgana who was clearly avoiding her by looking down at the table.

            “Yeah, that was a long time ago,” Morgana said dismissively. It was pretty clear that it wasn’t something she wanted to talk about.

            “Sorry, I just remembered,” Christianna said. “Anyway, the reason we really needed to talk to you is because of Corrina. We’ve been working on getting her charity going for awhile now and it’s finally the time. Neil doesn’t know about this, we thought it would be best to tell him once it was done,” she told them.

            “We all loved Corrina, but they were twins and best friends. Naturally he took what happened the hardest and blames himself. There was nothing he could do about it, he wasn’t there,” Molly said.

            “It’s a hard time for our family right now, like you may have noticed our parents aren’t around. It was like a sign that you should happen to be at our house yesterday, Neil’s gonna need someone. I thought to talk to his annoying little friends but apparently he’s finally wised up and is done with them,” Christianna said.

            “I’m sure it’s just the time of year, they’ve been his friends his whole life,” Molly said shaking her head at her sister.

            “I bet he’s better off without them,” Morgana said then sipped her iced tea. Everybody stared at her, but their meals arrived so no one questioned her.

            “So I’m still confused as to why we’re here,” Eve said halfway through a suddenly very quiet meal.

            “Just be careful with our brother,” Molly said. “He’s fragile right now even if he doesn’t act like it. We’re just trying to look out for him and get to know you,” she went on. She gave her sister a look and Christianna looked away, and then stared at Eve a moment before she spoke again.

            “Cornelius is a sweet guy and he gets hurt a lot because of that. Many girls have taken advantage of him; you’re not his usual type. As his sisters we have to look out for his best interests because chances are that he won’t,” she said.

            This whole thing with Christianna was starting to remind Eve of Claira. They were both overprotective and controlling big sisters. Both thought what they were doing was in the best interests of their younger sibling, despite what that sibling thought. While maybe their intentions were good in their hearts were in the right place, they weren’t doing the right thing. Trying to control someone else’s life was never a good thing; Eve knew that from first hand experience. The Jay sisters would unfortunately have to learn this lesson on their own because even if she told them, they would never believe it until it was too late anyway. However in their case it would never be like her and Claira, mostly because they were very different people. Life was all about learning anyway and telling them would ruin the lesson and it was more important to learn than to be told. At least that was what she had learned from her experiences.

“You don't have to worry I understand what he’s going through and I wouldn’t dream of doing anything that might hurt him,” Eve told them.  She was a sure if she should tell them too much about her past or her family, not because she didn’t trust them or she worried about what they’d think. It was Mostly because she already had gone through it with their brother and since she hated admitting it to herself there was no way she could talk about it again. 

“That’s all we really needed to know,” Molly said with a smile and a glance towards sister. Christianna just smiled and noded, clearly she was still suspicious and Eve couldn’t blame her for that.

 



© 2010 Britiney Harper


Author's Note

Britiney Harper
..it needs some work.. oh and btw somethings might not make sense because i started using a headset so i could speak without typing and it mixed up a bunch of words and chances are i missed a lot.. oh and i would greatly appreciate your opinions.. bad or good..thanks!
xoxo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was great I liked it and I understood everything. I love
voice command on th computer though it can be a pain
I'm gonna go read the next one!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMAGOD!!!!!
I love this!!!!...
It's sooooo interesting!!!!.
I love the character!!!!.
I am really...just in awe...[[right now]]!!!.
WOW!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

528 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2008
Last Updated on January 14, 2010


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing