The Garden of Eve 10

The Garden of Eve 10

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

..at long last chapter 10...

"

Aftershock

Eve had planned on doing a lot of things today to get her life back to semi-normal, but fate seemed to intervene. Morgana was having a huge crisis so her own crisis of a life had to be put on hold. Especially when she had to help her friend try to walk down the hall with everybody talking about her. Neil and Danny had lent their services as personal guards until Morgana got picked up by her mother.  But she felt bad for putting off this thing with Neil; he was so good to her and always so respectful. She was no fool she knew he wanted more that hand holding and cuddling, she hadn’t even been able to make out with him. Everyday it was becoming more obvious that he was growing restless, and of course he wasn’t going to complain or bring it up. So she decided to try to figure out how she could satisfy him, but here was yet another scandal. When was Tessa ever going to learn? And it was just plain cruel to email everybody at the high school and university and in both families and parents jobs, that was insane. Before going home Morgana had to endure pure torture, even the teachers had seen this, there pretty much wasn’t anybody that hadn’t.

In just a few days the Ferris family would be welcoming their new additions, which would change everything. There really was too much going on for Eve, but she wasn’t going to complain. Especially since everybody had to put up with her tragically dramatic life. And though nobody had said anything about it, she knew Neil couldn’t continue to sleep over like he did. It would be a bad influence on the girls and Cathy had told her they had some issues themselves. This was part of the reason why she decided to attempt to be intimate with Neil again. After the girls moved in she would have to try to set a good example, she didn’t want anybody going through what she had in her life. So she had to give up the security she found when Neil stayed, for their sake. Even if she’d only just been sleeping with him and not having sex or doing anything sexual.

Sleeping with Neil made her feel safe, but now she had to try to reclaim her independence and feel safe on her own. As each night passed more and more lately Neil was trying to get things back to normal. It wasn’t anything major, but it started with him sleeping with his hand under her shirt and then he was watching her a little too closely when she got dressed. He often suggested that they shower together and he made any excuse to touch her body. But she didn’t point out to him that what he thought was subtlety was actually just an obvious attempt at sexual interaction. Since she was planning on being a responsible big sister, she was running out of time to try to be a normal person and make an effort to at least show him she still wanted him in that way. Of course today had to be the day that her best friend’s and his brother’s porn scandal had to erupt and dominate everybody’s attention.

“Molly texted me saying that Mimi is involved in this,” Neil told her when they got in his car afterschool.

“Hope you don’t think I’ll ever let you take naked pictures of me, too risky,” she told him. The look on his face he was trying to hide made her regret saying anything at all. She figured he was probably wondering if she would ever purposely let him see her naked again.

“Nobody really has a psycho vendetta against us, so we’re safe,” he said shrugging.

“Is there anybody at your house, right now?” She asked causally, she was afraid if she didn’t at least try she was either going to lose him or he would resent her.

“Doubt it, Damien is bound to be working late on this mess and Juliet mentioned something about coming home late,” he replied. “Why? What you trying to avoid the fireworks at the Wrecker house?”

“We need some alone time,” she said simply.

“What’s that supposed to mean?’ He asked turning to her when he stopped at the red traffic light.

“I just really want to be alone with you, without any parental figures,” she said matter of factly.

“So will this alone time involve clothes? Cause if not I could drive a little faster,” he said.

“Well I wouldn’t want you to get a ticket o anything,” she replied. That was all that needed to be said, as soon as the light changed good boy Neil drove way over the speed limit to get home.

Once they were inside the empty house Neil practically dragged her up to his room. He did make sure to lock the door before pulling her over to the bed. It occurred to her that maybe this was disrespectful to do this in Damien and Juliet’s house, but Neil clearly didn’t care. He was already on her, kissing her hungrily while taking off her clothes. She could barely remember the last time they made out, she really missed it. His touch sent her body on fire; she loved it, so maybe she could go through with this. It was when they were both in just underwear and beyond ready to take it further, that the door bell rang. Maybe fate was trying to tell them something.

 

“Do I have to answer that?” Neil asked, Eve looked up at him and he knew the answer.

“Maybe it’s a delivery for Juliet or something,” Eve said. “Just go get it so you can hurry back.”

“Fine,” he said getting up and putting his jeans back on. “I want you naked when I get back,” he told her as he headed out the door.

After what happened to Eve and how she reacted whenever he touched her, he never expected this. But there was no way he was going to let anything stand in the way of him being with her again. Even if seeing that guy touch her was burned into his brain and he couldn’t stop thinking about revenge. At least he knew that he was the only one making love to her and that creep hadn’t done it. Otherwise he was pretty sure that this would be a lot harder, but it wasn’t her fault. Lately Eve had started trying to hide her body, since he could picture ever inch of her body in his head, she still turned him on. Every night he spent with her was torture, he’s thought he was over being addicted to sex, but he thought about it a lot. Maybe it was just because he couldn’t have her, but he did kind of obsessively watch her get dressed and fantasize.

“Cornelius,” Gordon Jay greeted when Neil opened the door. He’d been too distracted to even see who was at the door before he opened it, so he was surprised to see his father.

“Dad, what are you doing here?” He asked feeling slightly embarrassed, his pants were undone and he was shirtless.

“I guess you weren’t expecting company,” Gordon said when he stepped inside. “I came to find you because we need to talk.”

“Dad, can we do this another time? I’m kind of in the middle of something,” Neil said. Why did his dad have to pop up now? Gordon had been out of town for months and hadn’t even bothered to return when Mario and Kyle had their accident.

“Your grandmother has spoken to me and she would like you to move back in with her,” Gordon said.

“Why?” Neil asked in complete shock, he couldn’t think why Grandma Betty would want him back in her house. Over the last month or so she’d been acting strangely towards him and all of his siblings, he was so happy to move out of there.

“She feels that your siblings have influenced you to abandon your beliefs morals,” he said.

“What?” Neil couldn’t help but to laugh, Grandma Betty was insane.

“Neil,” Eve called, that made him stop laughing. She was coming down the stairs and stopped halfway when she saw his father. “Oh my God, sorry,” she said turning and running back up the stairs, she was still in just her bra and panties.

“Maybe she has a point,” Gordon said shaking his head.

“Grandma Betty is wrong, my morals are just fine, she and I just don’t share some of the same beliefs. It’s not wrong for me to think for myself or to make love to my girlfriend even if we aren’t married,” Neil said. It was pretty clear that he wasn’t going to be getting any now and this whole conversation was ridiculous because he never talked about this type of stuff with his dad.

“All of you have grown up so fast,” Gordon said. “So much has changed and you’re basically all that’s left. It might be best you spend the remainder of the school year with your grandparents, in a stricter environment. And they sent me a brochure for a boarding school that you might benefit from,” he went on.

“Where is all this coming from?” Neil asked, his father never took too much of an interest in any of their lives. So why now? His idea of parenting was signing checks every week that went into five separate accounts.

“A lot has been going on lately, especially with Mario and his underage girlfriend. My mother feels that since you spend so much time with him that he may be influencing you. Since you so far are the only one in this family not involved in some sort of scandal, you’re pretty much our last hope for retaining some dignity with our family name,” Gordon said pacing. “And I find you here in your brother’s house with a half naked girl,” he shook his head disapprovingly.

“Dad are you kidding me? This has to be a joke; you’ve never been involved in any of our lives. Mimi, your wife, has been terrorizing your children and you’ve done nothing. I’m not going anywhere, especially not living with your judgmental parents. If I want to make love to my girlfriend, who I love, I will. But of course you probably don’t even remember that I have a girlfriend. I’ve tried to understand you and respect you, but you’re as useless as Mimi. Don’t bring you’re sorry parenting in here like you care after all these years. The only reason you’re even here is because your parents are pressuring you.

“It’s your wife that’s been trying to destroy her own son’s life and this family. Isn’t it her that’s been harassing Juliet and her family? She was the one that tried to have sex with Christiana’s fiancé. So don’t tell me what to do or where to live, you lost that right a long time ago. You’re the reason for all this, you refuse to stop her. Now she is responsible for posting pictures of a naked 16 year old on the internet. This time you can’t pretend it didn’t happen, it’s already in the news,” Neil said angrily. Never in his life had he raised his voice to his father or spoke to him like this. But somebody had to do it and he just couldn’t stop himself. Most of the things going wrong with their family could be blamed on Gordon because of what he wouldn’t do.

“Maybe you’re right,” Gordon said sinking down onto the couch. “Your mother and I have been having problems for years now and she wants revenge. Despite what you may think of me Cornelius, I value my children above all else. The 5 of you are what’s most important to me, even if I can’t show that and she thinks if she hurts you then I’ll give her what she wants. I’ve just never been the type of person that can show emotions, that’s how I was raised and I admit that led me to marrying the wrong woman. What you have to understand is that my parents were once very different people, always judgmental yes, but they only became religious and loving when they had grandchildren.

“They sent us off to boarding school and I always knew I didn’t want that for my own children. Religion seemed to make my parents want to be hands on grandparents. But I’m guessing the recent events have made their old ways come back and they’re trying to save their reputations. We all make mistakes Cornelius and I can’t change the past, nor will I ever be father of the year material. But I can admit that I have let this go on for far too long and I may never be able to repair the damage. But now I’m going to have to deal with her, though she will be arrested,” he told him.

As Neil sat and listened to his father speak, he was in shock that Gordon would actually say all this to him as if they were equals. Most of his life their conversations involved Gordon asking how was school and related topics, nothing too serious. It was weird for his father to be almost like normal parents and really talk to him. Gordon had always seemed cold and distant, but they always knew he cared, unlike Mimi. This family was very strange and just seemed to keep getting weirder as the days passed. Life in general was a lot different than it had been months ago, and it was getting to be a little much for Neil. He was beginning to wonder if abandoning his therapy and medication had been such a good idea. The key was to take it one day at a time, because he couldn’t handle worrying about the future too much.

“Isn’t she pregnant?” Neil asked and Gordon actually laughed. He wasn’t sure when the last time he’s heard his father laugh was, but he was sure it was most likely before Corrina died. Before she was gone he was a warmer person than he was after he lost his favorite daughter.

“If she is than it’s someone else’s child so she can be someone else’s problem,”
 Gordon replied. “I’ll be in touch soon, go tend to your guest,” he said getting up and disappearing down the hall.

Neil didn’t even get to say good bye, but that was the father he knew so well, always getting away before things got too emotional. Their conversation was most likely the most emotion he could stand for at least a couple months. But he had a feeling that his father was going to have to deal with a lot of emotions sooner than he would like. When he remembered what had been going on a little while ago, Neil ran up the stairs to his bedroom. Eve was leaning against the wall with her knees to her chest and one of his hoodies on.

“I’m so embarrassed,” she said still staring down at her toes.

“Sorry, I never expected him to be at the door,” he told her. He sat down beside her and studied her face when she finally looked up at him. So this clearly had been divine intervention and not just an interruption.

“Are we alone now?” Eve asked with a smile that didn’t at all reach her eyes.

“You’re not into this are you?” He asked watching her closely as she hesitated.

“I am, don’t you want to do something?” The look on her face still didn’t match her eyes and he knew she was lying.

“Baby, you have no idea how much I want to, but I can see that you don’t want to,” he said.

“It’s not fair,” she said resting her head back on top of her knees. “This is your fault for making me love you and trust you and fell safe with you. Worse things have happened to me, things you can’t imagine and I’ve never felt like I do now,” she told him looking into his eyes.

“Eve, I love you and if you aren’t ready than it’s ok,” he told her. Then he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

“Why do you have to be so sweet?” She asked and he shrugged. “We’re going to do this, don’t argue. I want to and I know you do too, we’ll just have to take it slow,” she said. How could he argue with a girlfriend wanting to make love?

“Ok, we’ll take it slow,” he agreed. They kissed and he tried to focus on having some type of control.

 

 

“Maybe you two need some time apart,” her father said.

“Absolutely not,” Morgana said. Once again there was a family meeting, this time she was sitting at the table with Mario, her parents, Patrick and Nana.

“Morgana, you are a child and if I say you have to stay away from him then you will,” David said.

“Morgana, there are naked pictures of you on the internet,” Nana said shaking her head. “There is no reason that they should even exist,” she went on. Clearly their previous conversation was forgotten, because Nana was embarrassed.

“They weren’t meant to be seen,” Mario said. He was pissed but she knew he was trying to be quiet for her sake.

“She is 16 years old you should never have taken them in the first place!” David was furious, with good reason but he was directing his wrath in the wrong direction.

“Why should we have to be punished further? Everybody I know has seen this and I should be punished? Tessa put the f*****g pictures online, so what it’s ok? Tessa is jealous and has issues with not being the center of attention and that’s our fault?” Morgana was half past pissed and going straight into full blown anger.

“Watch your language,” Nana said. “Your sister needs help, but there was still no reason to have these pictures.”

“I’m sick of this,” Patrick said suddenly. “Tessa needs to know that there are consequences for what she’s done. So what if they took the pictures that isn’t the point. She had no right to break into Morgana’s computer and copy them. So what if the site is gone, those pictures have been out there long enough for anybody to have them. All of you are mad cause you’re embarrassed but think about Morgana, who never did anything to Tessa. So it’s right to be angry with the victim?” He seemed more pissed then she was, nobody said anything for awhile.

“Tessa only start acting like this when Mario came into the picture,” Nana said. “It seems pretty obvious that he is the problem and there has to be more to this than he will admit.” As usual she was acting all superior and had a know-it-all look on her face.

“Wanna know what I did? I didn’t want her, so what everybody else’s life should be ruined because of that? Because she can’t take rejection?” Mario asked, he too was very angry, Morgana was still on the edge.

            “So you turned her down so you could have sex with her little sister and throw it in her face?” David asked, that was the push she needed.

            “I’m leaving,” Morgana said getting up. “By leaving I mean I’m moving in with Mario,” she said. Everybody went silent and stared at her.

            “You aren’t going anywhere,” David said.

            “Actually I am and I wish you would try to stop me. Sorry I’m not the daughter you wanted, now precious Tessy can come home once you bail her out of jail. I swear if you try to stop me I will make you all regret it,” she said calmly and left the room.

            When she got up to her room she pulled her already packed suitcase out of her closet. She’d been prepared for this, but had really hoped it wouldn’t end this way. But nobody seemed to really care about her humiliation or how she felt at all. Then video on that site proved that it was Tessa that did this. Morgana unfortunately vividly remembered that day when her sister watched her having sex. What she hadn’t known was that Tessa made a video with her cell phone. Had she known, she would have choked her right then and there.

            “Are you sure this is a good idea?” Patrick asked when he appeared in the doorway.

            “What else can I do? I’m not staying here and there’s enough going on at Eve’s house,” she told him.

            “I’ll carry your suitcase then, Mario is waiting outside. Dad and Nana are still fighting in the kitchen,” he said.

            “Why the one time I’m happy does everybody want me to be miserable?” She asked as they went back downstairs.

            “Because your sister lost her mind,” he replied. “You know if you need to you can come stay with me.”

            “No offense big brother but I don’t even know how Molly stays there for more than 5 minutes, your roomies are gross,” she said. She was grateful to at least have her brother on her side with the rest of her family being so crazy.

            “Morgana get back in the house,” David called when they were outside. But she didn’t even turn, she just kept walking.

            “Let her go,” Ana said stepping out onto the porch. That made Morgana turn, David was staring at his wife like she lost her mind. “Morgana I will call you later, ok” All she could do was nod because she was so stunned. But there was this look in her mother’s eyes like she understood.

 

 

            “I’m not talking to you if you get me arrested, again,” Mario said. He was coming back downstairs after putting Morgana’s suitcase in their room.

            “The only people getting arrested are Psycho Mimi and Bitchy Tessa,” she replied.

            “What are you doing?” He asked when he found her in the kitchen with a bottle of vodka in her hand.

            “I’m getting drunk, then we’re going to have sex,” she said matter of factly.

            “Where did you even get that?” After the accident he had sworn off drinking, so he was surprised there was any liquor in his house.

            “Found it when I was cleaning,” she said. “Drink with me, you don’t have class tomorrow.” She waved the bottle at him and a shot glass.

            “Morgana Wrecker, you know you have school tomorrow, right?” Mario was trying to stay out of trouble, but no matter what he did it kept coming.

            “I’m taking a personal day, now come here and get drunk with me,” she ordered.

            Though he had no intention of getting drunk or letting her get drunk, he went over. She was sitting up on the counter wearing just short shorts and a bra. Considering the mess they were in now he was surprised she wanted to walk around like that and that she’d want to have sex. But she kept making gestures at him; he figured it was a distraction. When he was close enough she wrapped her legs around his waist, this reminded him of last night. They had been making dinner together and ended up having sex right there in the kitchen. And that happened to be where she was leading him to once again.

            Today was yet another stressful day; this year wasn’t at all what he thought it would be. All day long he had to ignore calls from his family because of this mess. His grandparents had left a lot of messages, they weren’t happy at all. Molly thought it was kind of funny and Chris told him how irresponsible he was. Damien was doing damage control but the damage was already done. Kyle called to give his unsolicited opinion and mention that he though Morgana was hot.

            “Wanna go upstairs?” Mario asked and he wasn’t surprised when she shook her head.

“Remind me I’m still getting drunk later,” she said kissing him again. She stared pulling down his jeans.

            “I’m not letting you get drunk, I am kind of responsible,” he told her and she laughed.

            “Sure, whatever just take these shorts off so I can get some,” she said.  

            “You’re such a bad girl,” he replied.

            “Spank me then” she said. Before he could reply, she screamed and he turned to see his father standing in the kitchen.

“I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised about this website.” Gordon said shaking his head.

            “Dad, what are you doing here?” Mario asked, he quickly pulled his pants back up and handed Morgan his t-shirt. Wasn’t the reason he lived on his own because he wanted privacy?

            “I was coming to speak with you about your situation, “Gordon said looking thoroughly un-amused.

            “Um, I think I’ll go stairs,” Morgan hopping off the counter and leaving quickly.

            “You’re drinking with a sixteen year old?” Gordon asked picking up the bottle on that was still on the counter.

            “We weren’t drinking it was left after my New Year’s party,” Mario explained.

            “Maybe you should tell your friend to go home,” Gordon said in a disapproving tone.

            “She’s staying here for awhile, she got in a fight with her parents,” he said regretting telling the truth.

            “So what this time when they arrest you they’ll keep you, right? When did you become so irresponsible? You took nude photos of a sixteen year old girl and now you have her running away from home? Such a productive year for your drunk driving accident, getting arrested and now this. What’s next for you?” His father asked looking disgusted.

            “I’ve already had a bad enough day, I don’t need you to remind me of all the things that have gone wrong in my life,” he said trying not to raise his voice. “Oh and her mother said she could stay here.”

            “It’s time for you to grow up Mario, and I was thinking it might be good for you to take a semester abroad. Maybe you can use that time to get your priorities straight and leave this little girl alone. You’re only going o make her life worse, put someone else’s well being ahead of yours for once,” Gordon said sounding un-humanly calm.

            “Sorry I don’t runaway from my problems like you do. I’m staying right here with Morgana and we’ll get through this mess. Feel free to send Mimi away though, if I see her I can’t make any promises as to what might happen,” Mario said. He walked right pass his father, out the kitchen and upstairs without another word or looking back.

            Already today he had way more than his life’s quota of drama. Spending time arguing with his father was only going to stress him out more and it just wasn’t worth it. Gordon Jay was anything but an understanding father, he could be as narrow minded as his parents sometimes. So they would never agree on this, Mario never wanted or got his father’s approval, no reason to expect it now. When he opened the door to his room Morgana was lying in the bed. After all they’d already been through together; he wasn’t going to leave now. Besides even if he wanted to, he could never bring himself to do that to her.

            “So now you dad thinks I’m a s**t right? Just like your grandparents,” Morgana said pouting at him.

            “You aren’t a s**t, you’re my girl,” he replied lying down beside her.

            “What are we going to do? I never want to go out in public again,” she said.

            “We’ll just take it one day at a time,” he told her. “Few more weeks and we’ll be in Mexico and we can relax. People will forget about it sooner or later. Will it make you feel better if I buy you new clothes for our vacation?”

            “Mario Jay do you really think you can buy my sanity?” She asked and he thought about it for a moment.

            “Pretty much,” he said and she glared at him. “First I want a little something.”

            “Haven’t enough people seen me naked today?” She asked in a joking way but her eyes gave away how upset she still was.

            “Probably, but I’m the only one that gets to be hands on,” he said and she actually laughed. “While you’re living here I want sex at least three times a day.”

            “You’re insane,” she told him. She snuggled closer to him and he kissed her.

            “I’m going to fix this mess,” he said. All she did was nod and he held her tighter. Even though he wasn’t acting like it, this whole thing really pissed him off and he was going to get revenge.

 

 

            “They’ll be here in less than an hour,” Eve was saying into the phone. “I can’t believe you skank, going off to move in with Mario and not telling me.”

            “It was a quick decision, very spur of the moment. Sorry I was a total flake yesterday but I couldn’t go to school,” Morgana told her.

            “Yeah I figured you wouldn’t show, your mom was here Thursday night when I got home. She was very upset and she’s not exactly speaking to your father,” Eve informed.

            “I hate this whole mess, would I really be a crime to kill Tessa?” Morgana asked with a sigh.

            “It would make the world a better place, but you’d still go to jail,” Eve replied. “So Thursday after school I had a very strange evening.”

            “What an eventful day that was, let’s never go there again. So did you finally do Neil? That boy has been looking like such a lost puppy lately,” Morgana said.

            “Uh yeah I know he was in need of Mama Evey’s lovin-pie,” she laughed. “Anyway I went to his house so we could get reacquainted and it was all systems go until the doorbell rang. Long story short I’m like stupid cause he was taking too long I went down to see why in my bra and panties. Don’t you know his dad was there and saw me, I’m still beyond embarrassed.”

            “Evey that’s so funny cause the same thing happened to me that day! Mario and I were about to have sex in the kitchen and Gordon shows up,” they both laughed.

            “He told Neil that Betty wants to send him to some über religious boarding school where they can stomp the sex out of him,” she rolled her eyes. Once she’d actually liked Neil’s grandparents, now they turned psycho, but lately everybody was crazy.

            “Oh he suggested that Mario study abroad a semester or two, ya know so he can get far away from me. Are we really the bad influences here? Before we started hanging with these brothers our lives weren’t so hectic and insane. So anyway is lover boy still coming to meet the little ones?” Morgana asked.

            “Yup he’s on his way, he said he needed to be here because he’s part of the family,” Eve said. She thought it was cute that he wanted to be there and was really hoping she could at least pretend to be normal.

            “I’ll be expecting a proposal any day I’m sure,” Morgana laughed. “Tomorrow me you and our new little sisters are going to the mall with Mario’s credit card.”

            “If we must, though I won’t be held responsible for Mario’s credit card bill,” Eve laughed. She looked up when her bedroom door opened and Neil came in. “My hot man just got here so I’ll talk to you later.”

            “Just cause ya’ll have start messing around again doesn’t mean you should have a quickie before the girls come,” Morgana told her.

            “I’m not you,” Eve replied. Neil was pulling her away from her desk and over to her bed, clearly him and Morgana were thinking alike.

            “Honey, I would break him, I’m way freakier than he is,” she said.

            “Bet you are skank, anyway I’m going,” Eve said.

            “Bye w***e, don’t forget to put your panties back on,” Morgana said and they hung up.

            “Talking to Mo?” Neil asked and she just nodded. Since their sex life was active again he was being very touchy.

            “Cornelius, I can’t have sex with you right now,” she told him. The look in his eyes and his hand on her thigh worried her.

            “I’ve never had sex with you,” he replied sliding his hand further up.

            “Fine then we aren’t making love,” she said and he pouted.

            “Not even if I stay over tonight?” He was very persistent, but she still shook her head no.

            “You aren’t spending the night,” she informed.

            “I stay here more than I stay at home,” he said staring at her like she was crazy.

            “Sweetie, it’s kind of irresponsible for us to be playing slumber party with two young and impressionable girls in the house,” she explained. Once upon a time she won’t have had to explain this to him, he use to be the good boy. Too bad all that changed when he decided to talk to her.

            “They don’t have to see us do anything,” he whispered against her neck which he was kissing.

            “Didn’t you use to be a good church boy?” Eve asked, he just shrugged and continued trying to coax her.

            “I’m still good, but you’re hot and it’s good to have a healthy sex life,” he said.

            “Cornelius,” she said as he started kissing her so she couldn’t finish. Making out she could do, but she absolutely couldn’t let it go beyond that.

            “I missed you last night,” he said in between kisses.

            After school yesterday Eve had gone to her therapist appointment and last minute shopping with Joan, so they hadn’t gotten to spend time together. But at lunch Neil dragged Eve out to his car to have sex, again. This was how it started. This was exactly how it started when they first start having sex. So much had changed since then, she’d changed. Truthfully she wasn’t as comfortable as she pretended to be with sex and life in general. But if there was one thing Eve was always good at, it would be pretending. She just didn’t think everyone else should have to suffer because of her, especially Neil.

            “They’ll be here soon,” she said pulling back.

            “We can be quick,” he said pulling her back to him.

            “Honey, you’re never quick when it comes to this,” she replied. Already he was pulling off her panties from under her skirt.

            “I’m already ready for you,” he said gesturing towards his crotch area.

            “I don’t know who you are anymore and I’m pretty sure you have a problem,” she finally managed to get away.

            “There’s a lot wrong with me, but I’m still the same guy who was afraid to talk to you months ago. Now I’m freer and I’m living life the way I want to,” he said.

            “More like you’re a sex addict now, so how were you with sex before me?” She asked even though she probably didn’t need to know about him with other girls. After being felt up by Neil she decided she needed to change her outfit. The denim skirt and button up blouse had seemed fine before, but then again when nervous she changed her clothes repeatedly.

            “I’ll admit it wasn’t like with you, I didn’t act out fantasies or do anything out of the ordinary. Then again I’ve never been attracted to anyone like I am to you, I seriously doubt I could ever be again with someone else. So you’re stuck with me,” he told her.

            “Guess I am,” she shook her head. “Anyway what the heck do I wear to meet small children?” She took off her clothes and start searching through her closet.

            “How the hell am I supposed to think when you’re standing there like that? I’m two seconds from coming over there, I know you’re teasing me on purpose,” he said.

            “You’re no help Cornelius and this has nothing to do with you. For your information I’ve changed with Danny here a million times,” she said. When she turned to see the murderous look on his face she laughed, but it was actually true.

            “Really? I thought he was your friend; do you want me to kill him? I will, you’re mine,” he growled.

            “Oh hush, most of that was before me and you met,” she said. She pulled on her grey sweater dress along with black leggings; at least her panties could stay on now.

            “Baby you are so hot,” he said wrapping his arms around her waist. “Stop stressing, everything will be fine.”

            “Should little girls even be around me? I use to be a-”

            “The past is where it is for a reason, they’ll love you. Face it most people do love you, there’s something about you Eve De Marco, something irresistible,” he assured her.

            “I love you,” she whispered. He kissed her once again leading her back to the bed. “Neil, this is soo bad,” she said half heartedly.

            “I love you too,” he replied kissing her senseless. Then he suddenly stopped when she was almost ready to give in. “Ok I’ll be responsible and wait to have you again.”

            “Sometimes I want to kill you Cornelius Jay,” she shook her head. She got up to fix her messy hair; somehow she tamed her curls into a ponytail.

            “Eve,” Joan called knocking on her door before entering. “They’ll be arriving in the next few minutes.”

            “Ok I’m ready,” Eve said looking in the mirror one last time before slipping on her flats.

            “Joan, do you mind if I spend the night?” Neil asked and Eve glared at him.

            “Since when do you ask? You’re always here, not that we mind at all,” Joan smiled, her nerves were obvious. “It’s fine with me if you stay.”

            They followed Joan out of Eve’s room and downstairs, Neil had a smug smile on his face the whole time. Eve was slightly annoyed that she was the only person thinking clearly about this, so she punched Neil’s arm. His response was to smile and kiss her cheek, she was actually happy he was staying. Sleeping without him was too hard, that was when she had the most nightmares. Waiting in the living room she crossed her fingers silently praying for everything to be ok.

 

 

            Monday morning Morgana pulled into the student parking lot at school in a car she borrowed from Mario. One of his siblings was getting a new one and left this one in his driveway. Even though she was desperate to be home in bed, she had to come to school. If she didn’t her peers would think she was weak and Tessa would have won. While she never cared what any of these people thought and had no intentions of starting, she was going to hold her head high. So what everybody saw her body, and she’d been humiliated, but she was strong. Nothing was going to break her, especially not two deranged head cases. Her body was amazing looking in her opinion and Mario’s, so she had nothing to be ashamed of. Too bad no amount of talking herself into it could make her want to do this. She almost didn’t get out of the car.

            Eve was leaning against Neil’s car waiting to go in with her; it was great to have a best friend. Yesterday they went to the mall and she got to meet Carolyn and Hannah and they all got new outfits. Morgana needed the proper attire to mourn her now incinerated reputation, so much for being an outcast. Now she was the school’s reluctant porn star. How she wished to got back to being slightly mysterious, with a side of unique and a little bit invisible, those days were gone. It was funny to think that some people had thought she was a witch for a long time and instead of discouraging them, she dressed the part. All weekend long she got emails and Myspace messages from people she didn’t even know and some she did and would get revenge on. Which of course pissed Mario off completely, but he didn’t seem to care that he was in some of the pictures.  Even though the site was gone, people had saved those pictures and the video. Her sister was on the run from the police now and Mimi was blaming it all on Tessa, what a strange year it had been so far.

            “Let’s get this over with,” Morgana said looping her arm through Eve’s.

            “Me strong,” Eve told her as they walked towards the school.

            “They will forget about this sooner or later, high school is full of scandals,” Neil told her.

            “Needs to be soon and they aren’t going to get amnesia quick enough for me,” she replied pulling her oversized sunglasses on.

            Almost instantly when they walked in everybody stopped to stare at her, Danny was at the door waiting for them. The four of them walked down the hall with whispers and stares from any and everybody with a pulse, teachers included. Not everybody bothered to whisper and some people called out to her. Instead of thinking of the attention she was getting she thought about how great she looked today. Cropped black hoodie, black tank top, black ballerina skirt over jeans and her stilettos. In solidarity Eve was dressed in the same black hoodie with a black baby doll dress over jeans and ballet flats. They walked the halls like they were on a runway and never acknowledged any unwanted attention. The boys walked them to class and left for their own. If it wasn’t for the fact that Morgana had amazing friends in the few that she had, she’d never have been able to come to school.

            In all of her classes amongst whispers, catcalls, compliments, opinions and insults, she also was passed notes. Mostly they came from boys wishing she’d give them the time a day, she refused them all. A few annoying people showed her the pictures they saved of her on their phones, silly them the principal wasn’t amused. This was after all technically child pornography, which was serious. At the time when Mario was playing with his new camera and said he wanted to have something to look at when she was gone, she never imagined this. Some of the teachers gave her dirty looks and shook their heads and a few others gave her interested looks that made her sick. Thankfully the teachers couldn’t say a word to her about the whole thing, but the guidance counselor did want to speak with her. All day she held her head up high and refused to let anyone affect her, because of this mess she would be stronger. And now she knew what celebrities felt like when this happened to them, not that she cared about famous people at all. Hopefully everybody would forget soon, too bad her situation had made the news Thursday.

 

 

            “What were you thinking?” Grandma Betty asked in that furious disapproving and disgusted tone.

            “I never thought they would get stolen,” Mario replied. He’d tried to avoid this conversation but she came over to his house.

            “Stop seeing that girl, that little hussy is trouble,” she told him. “This family doesn’t need anymore scandals.”

`           “Sorry can’t do that,” he said. It amused him that she really believed Morgana was the root of all their family’s problems. When in reality his parents were the problem.

            “Why not?” She asked, he wondered was it rude to kick her out.

            “I’m not going to stop loving her because you want me to and because of something other people did,” he said. “I took the pictures, it’s not her fault, Mimi did this like she did everything else.”

            “Well she let you take them didn’t she? I know that your mother made this ridiculous website, but the girl is disgraceful. How can you stay with this girl that’s like a dark shadow on your life? And having her live with you is completely insane,” she said. While she spoke she looked around his living room, no doubt looking for stray panties hanging out in places they shouldn’t be to prove her point.

            “She needed to get away from her family, much like myself so I kinda had to let her stay,” he told her.

            “Both of those girls are rotten and loose morally and sexually,” she said. “That girl your brother is always with is just as bad as her friend. Wild girls running around doing God knows what, it’s shameful.”

            “So you blame Eve for being kidnapped and almost raped? Who’s the crazy one here? Look, I’m not breaking up with Morgana and I would really appreciate it if you left,” he said. She was predictably shocked and stormed out of the house without another word.

            Once he was alone he laid on the couch feeling a migraine coming on. How his grandmother could even say anything about Eve, he didn’t get. He felt protective of her like a little sister, especially since everybody knew Neil wanted to marry her. Morgana was so hurt by this whole thing with the pictures and by the fight with her parents. Of course she was trying to be strong; he was trying not to kill someone. One day he was pretty sure he’d most likely want to marry Morgana, but he didn’t feel the need to tell everybody that. So his grandparents were going to have to get off their judgmental high horses and just deal with it. Right now he felt like his grandmother was no better than Mimi, and almost wished he’d pointed that out to her.

            Someone rang the door bell when he’d been considering sleep. He got up hoping he didn’t have to deal with another person that would piss him off, today wasn’t the day. It was Kyle at the door smoking a cigarette and looking like he hadn’t slept in weeks. Kyle was recovering fine from his injuries physically, but his bad attitude was out of control. Today Mario didn’t want to be bothered but he let him in anyway. He still felt responsible for the accident since they’d been going to see his girlfriend after he screwed up. Besides Kyle was the last person on earth that could lecture him about anything.

            “My parents are getting on my nerves,” Kyle said flopping down in a chair.

            “There’s a lot of that going around lately,” Mario replied laying back on the couch.

            “Oh yeah your porn star girlfriend drama,” Kyle laughed. “Are you sure you’re serious about her? Cause I would love to hit that, she has one amazing body.”

            “Touch her and I’ll kill you, family or not,” he replied. It wasn’t a surprise at all that his cousin would ask him that, didn’t mean it didn’t piss him off.

            “You’ve changed cousin,” Kyle stared at him. “Before you’d never have been all stupid and lovey of some girl, what happened to you?”

            “People change,” Mario shrugged. “It’s not a crime to grow up and be different, the thing with her wasn’t what I expected but I have no regrets. Well except New Year’s.”

            “Yeah I regret that one too,” Kyle grumbled. “I go away for awhile and everyone wants to change on me, it’s weird. Anyway I need a big favor.”

            “What’d you need?” Mario asked, hoping it didn’t involve money or anything illegal or anything that would get him killed.

            “I need a place to stay for awhile, my patents are pissing me off,” Kyle told him.

            “Well I guess that would be ok, Mo’s staying here right now,” he said. There was an empty room since Neil had his own room here.

            “Shouldn’t she be home cuddling her teddy bear with mommy and daddy?” Kyle asked laughing; Mario wasn’t amused and threw a pillow at him.

            “No a*****e she should be here with me,” he said annoyed. Somehow he was going to have to remember Kyle was on the short list of family members he could stand being near and he owed him. Though he had a bad feeling about this arrangement, he was hoping this would work out.

 

 

            Morgana wanted to fall into bed when the longest school day of her life ended. Tomorrow she’d have to do it all over again and every day after that. Having a car to drive was the best part of her day; it was nice not to rely on everybody else to drive her around. Maybe her parents would feel guilty for what their demon spawn daughter did to her and buy her a car, she wished. They always told her she didn’t need a car in high school because it was trouble, and they said the bus or walking was a fine way to get to school. She parked in the drive way of her new home and went inside, thinking of a nice hot bath. Maybe that would calm her life and relax her enough so she could sleep until tomorrow. Mario was asleep on the couch so she quietly crept up and crawled on top of him. He opened his eyes and held her, just what she needed.

            “Can you home school me?” She asked him, almost serious about it.

            “Want me to come tomorrow and beat up every guy that even thinks to look at you? Home school with me and you is a recipe for just learning sex positions and sleeping,” he said and kissed her forehead.

            “That is rather tempting, both things you said, I’m just tired. School drained the life out of me today, but be proud your girl didn’t crack,” she told him. “I think I’m going to take a very long and very hot bath and crash, care to join?”

            “Uh Mo, we need to talk before you do that,” he said. The look in his eyes worried her, what now?

            “Is it about my excessive shopping with your card?” She asked, maybe she was taking advantage of him a bit, but he gave it to her.

            “Oh no spend what you like that’s Gordon’s bill to pay, in fact go buy something really expensive,” he laughed. “Kyle’s been having trouble at home so I told him he could stay with us for awhile. Just until he works things out with his parents. That wasn’t what she expected, at all.

            “Oh,” she replied, this wasn’t good. But she couldn’t exactly tell Mario his sleazy couldn’t stay in his house because he was a gross.

 Since the party she’d avoided any contact with that guy, she really didn’t like him. The trouble was that she knew Mario blamed himself for the car accident and felt like he owed Kyle something. Her opinion of the situation was that is was Kyle’s fault for driving, and it had been Kyle’s idea. Morgana felt like she was being punished, hadn’t she gone through enough already? The thought of living in the same house as Kyle the creep, almost made her want to go home. Staying here was supposed to be a break from drama and stress; she just couldn’t catch a break. Why today of all the days? Her most stressful school day and the creep had to decide to move in. This was going to end badly, thee was no way around it.

“I know you wanted us to be alone, trust me so do I, but I had to he’s got some issues. And I owe him, that accident was my fault,” he said. When had he become this predictable?

“Its fine whatever,” she lied. Really she wanted to shake him and make him understand that it was Kyle that owed him. Instead she made a mental note to not walk around the house in her panties anymore and avoid Kyle as much as humanly possible. She hoped he wouldn’t bother her; she had enough going on and couldn’t deal with more.

 



© 2010 Britiney Harper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is impecible!
Its amazingly writter, yes theres a few grammar mistakes but they are few and really easy to make.
I've loved this since chapter one and can't believe that some of this actually happens to people. I love how you've chosen real life aspects of situations aswell.
The whole Mimi/Tess thing and the porn website really had me gob-smacked!
On a whole, this is amazing, and i really hope you come back and finish it, its a shame that this is the last chapter posted..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is impecible!
Its amazingly writter, yes theres a few grammar mistakes but they are few and really easy to make.
I've loved this since chapter one and can't believe that some of this actually happens to people. I love how you've chosen real life aspects of situations aswell.
The whole Mimi/Tess thing and the porn website really had me gob-smacked!
On a whole, this is amazing, and i really hope you come back and finish it, its a shame that this is the last chapter posted..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 24, 2009
Last Updated on January 14, 2010


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing