The Garden of Eve 2

The Garden of Eve 2

A Chapter by Britiney Harper
"

..chapter 2..

"

Spinning in Circles

            It had to be e 100th time she’d looked in the mirror in the last ten minutes.  Morgana had just gone home saying that she desperately needed to get some sleep before Mario came to pick her up later.  Eve herself wanted to sleep but there had been no time after they had gotten back from lunch. She had to get ready for her date which took significantly longer than it had taken her to be ready in a long time.  Morgana had dissected every piece of clothing Eve owned and narrowed it down to ten different outfits which of course Eve had to try on. They’d decided on a white halter dress, a white hoodie sweater and gold ballet flats that matched her gold sequined head band, gold bangle bracelets and gold hoop earring. She wore her long dark curly hair down, mostly because Morgana wouldn’t leave unless she agreed to it.

            “Eve,” Joan called while taping on the door in peeking her head in. Eve gestured for her to come in; she did so and sat down on the edge of the bed. “You look very pretty,” she told her.

            “Thanks,” Eve said before turning back to the mirror. Cornelius would be there any minute to pick her up, for some reason she felt nervous.

            In the time they had been hanging out she’d never felt nervous at all. At first she’d been suspicious and curious, but there had never been anything to be nervous about. Last night she hadn’t even been nervous about getting caught with him at her house with both Joan and William home. Nor had she been when his sister caught them together in the kitchen yesterday. So why tonight? She wondered if it could be because before it was just two people getting to know each other and having fun, whereas now with a date it meant something. It was a step towards some kind of commitment type thing and that was weird for her. In sixteen years she’d mostly live an adult life and it seemed like now she could just be a kid. That sadly was a big step for her and one of the biggest changes she had to go through.

            “You’re ready for the big date?” Joan asked with that motherly look on her face yet again for about the billionth time since Eve had moved in.

            When Eve and Morgana had rushed out to lunch earlier that day both of the beds in the room where unmade. And when they come back both of the beds were made up neatly and any clothes they had left out were put away. That was Joan Ferris, the neat freak. In the Ferris home there was almost never anything out of place or un-orderly. There were plenty of times where Eve hadn’t forgotten to clean her room and Joan would do it while she was out. Eve had lived with obsessively tidy people that had driven her crazy, but Joan didn’t bother her at all. In fact she actually liked Joan’s mothering, it was comforting. At this time in her life she needed security and stability, especially that of a mother. Her own mother had never really offered much safety, security or stability. The Ferris’ were pretty much everything she needed in a family.

            “I don’t know if it’s because of his sisters or what, but I’m starting to feel nervous. And I don’t get nervous,” Eve confessed. She sat down next to a smiling Joan on her bed.

            “He is a very nice boy and I do remember hearing about the sister he lost. That family has gone through a lot,” Joan replied. “You’ve been through a lot too, maybe it’s because you both have things in the past that make moving forward hard. And if you enter a relationship together you both have to move on,” she said. It helped to have a psychology professor as a foster mother.

            “Makes sense, I just really like him and its happening so fast and usually that means trouble. And Claira isn’t here but I still feel like she will find someway to drive him away. Is that crazy? I know why she always did it, but I also know that there’s nothing that will keep her away from me. Even if she was mad that I didn’t fight for us to stay together,” Eve said. Never in all the time that she’d spent as a foster child had she opened up to a foster parent, the others just weren’t like Joan.

            “You know we had another girl stay with us a while ago and she never changed, she had problems. Because of what happened with her we weren’t going to go through that again, then I met you. I always wanted to have kids, but it never happened for me. Ever since you’ve been here we’ve had a family,” Joan paused a second and took Eve’s hands in hers. “William and I have been discussing your situation and though we know that your parents would never let you be adopted. We would like to make this your permanent home until you’re ready to leave. In just four months you’ve made more progress than some people ever make in a lifetime. You have no idea how proud of you we are,” she said looking teary.

            It was very apparently that Eve was still in the twilight zone. The Ferris’ wanted to adopt her? Nobody had ever said anything like that before; it was never an option and probably the furthest thing from all her previous foster parents’ minds. Even though they couldn’t actually do it, just the fact that they wanted to meant everything in the world to her. Suddenly it was so clear that the reason nobody ever wanted her before, was because of Claira. Most of her life she’d thought that she was just like Claira, but alone she was nothing like her. In just a few short months her life was completely turned around. She had parents that wanted her, friends that she could trust and of course a boy that wanted to be with her. He’d said he wanted her ‘forever’, and she hadn’t forgotten, even though she wanted further elaboration.

            “I couldn’t think of anywhere I’d rather stay,” Eve replied and Joan hugged her. It couldn’t have been truer. Why would she want to give up this life? Ever since she’d come here her life was on a steady uphill climb and she wasn’t going to give that up.

 

 

            “You had lunch with my sisters and didn’t think to tell me?” He asked and she just shrugged as if it weren’t a big deal.

This was something, a big something, even if she didn’t know it. His sisters never took much more interest in his love life than to just say whoever the girl was happened to be wrong for him. Sadly they were always right, but they hadn’t said that about her. They also hadn’t told him that they’d taken Eve and Morgana to lunch, even though he’d just spoken to both of them. He’d known they’d taken a minor interest in her, but clearly it was more than that now. They were up to something and he wasn’t sure he wanted to know what. 

“Well we didn’t have much of a choice, they were on their way when Christianna called,” Eve told him. “Oh and they said not to tell you, so ya know,” she shrugged.

“So did they talk bad about me and show you naked baby pictures?” He asked and she smiled then kissed him.

“They worry about you and want you to be happy,” she told him. “So do you prefer for me to call you Neil or Cornelius?” She asked he’d been wondering when she’d ask that, everybody did.

“Whatever you want as long as I can call you mine,” he replied and she stared at him. It was corny, but everything with her just felt so right.

“You said something to me last night,” she said looking unsure.

“Have I succeeded in scaring you away?” Neil was afraid to look at her, but he did anyway.

“I think I’ve been falling for you since we met,” she said to his surprise.

“Is that a yes that you want to be mine?” He asked and she smiled and leaned over to kiss him.

“Clearly,” she replied. “So are we really going to this party?” She asked leaning back on the picnic table they were sitting on. After dinner they sat in the park, it was colder than it had been the night before but he had brought a blanket.

“We could go back to my house instead, I will lock my door this time,” he suggested and she rolled her eyes. 

“I don’t trust being alone with you in your house,” she told him.

It was a clear night out and his idea had been to sit under the stars. Eve was laying there staring up at the sky with her blanket almost completely off and exposing her legs. Neil couldn’t stop looking at her, she was so beautiful. He was trying very hard to control himself, usually he wasn’t like this. What was it about her that brought out so much sexual desire? All day he’d been thinking about what he’d do with her tonight. Here she was laying there, her dress revealing too much for him to handle. His oldest brother Damien had said maybe he should bring her back to the house, since everybody was out like usual. But that was out since she didn’t want to. It was hard for him to know what to do or how to behave around her. One minute she’s alright with making love on his kitchen counter and the next she’s letting him take her pants off so they can fool around at her house. It was a fact that girls never made sense, but he didn’t get why she’d be all for doing something and then the next being tame. He wasn’t sure if maybe he was pressuring her or what, but it was weird. When they’d been hanging out prior to yesterday he wanted to make a move but she seemed interested in friendship.

“Eve,” he started unsure of what to say. “Before we go on maybe you can give me some boundaries,” he said. It sounded just as stupid out loud as it had in his head, maybe more so.

“What do you mean by that?” She asked looking up at him in a confused sort of way, he’d been afraid she wouldn’t get him.

“We came pretty close to making love twice,” he said and she smiled.

“Oh that,” she laughed. “You know I never met anybody that said ‘make love’, why do you say it like that?”  It was pretty clear she wanted to avoid talking about what was going on with them sexually, but they needed to.

“Because it’s about love for me, I wouldn’t just do it with anyone,” he said shrugging. There were some things that were important to him and he just wasn’t a guy that liked to hook up with random girls, it wasn’t worth it.

“You are one of a kind,” she told him.

“I just have morals, I see so many people just screwing around and it means nothing to them, that’s just not me,” he said and she sat up.

“So these boundaries, we could just see what happens with us you know?” The way she said it made him think that maybe she was thinking he wouldn’t want to be with her if she didn’t do anything.

“Give me something better than that,” he said and she stared. “I don’t want to do something you don’t want to and I don’t want to move too fast. The way I’ve been acting with you is out of character for me and kind of inappropriate. I really want you, but I just want to do things the right way,” he told her.

“You’re unreal,” she replied. “I really don’t know what I want, but I know I don’t want to be in a completely sexual relationship,” she said.

“Ok,” he said, that was exactly what he hadn’t wanted either.

“So are you really a tiger in bed?” She laughed and he just pulled her onto his lap.

“You can find out whenever you want,” he told her before he kissed her.

There was just something about Eve that made him very sexual around her. When he’d first had her over and they were lying in his bed talking, he’d wanted to kiss her. Instead he’d held her in his arms when she got that sad look in her eyes that she sometimes got. Holding her had started this would mess; being a teenage boy wasn’t easy. Not with temptation everywhere he went, it was hard to have good morals and values in this day and age. He was taught better than all that screwing around and hooking up stuff that everybody he knew was fond of. He had raised him better than that and his whole family were always active members of their church. Of course he knew that nobody was perfect and it was ok to have desires and act upon them because he was human. But he just tried to do the right thing as much as he possibly could. With Eve he wasn’t sure what was right or wrong. Was it really that wrong to have make love to her now?

It was a hard decision to make when she was on top of him and they were kissing. Just being near her made him want to do things to her, so naturally kissing just made it worse. He tried to figure out if it was wrong that he was pulling her panties down. What made it hard was that she didn’t stop him and if nobody intervened then he might go too far. Never in his life had he been this sexual of a person, it was so bizarre to him. That didn’t stop him from touching her, and since he knew she liked it he wanted to go for more. She undid his belt and then his pants; it was last night all over again. They had come so close last night, but of course he wasn’t alone with her then. When they’d really been messing around it was when Mario and Morgana were there too. And of course they knew something was up and then Eve had been trying to sneak and put her pants back on. He was starting to wonder or more like worry that there was something wrong with him. Was it normal for a person to just act like this all of a sudden?

“We should probably get to that party,” Eve said and he stared at her a minute.

They were both lying on the table with her on top and were on the verge yet again of doing something he would regret. It took a few seconds for him to pull himself away from her. And it took a few minutes for him to regain his composure. While she was fixing her dress and putting her panties back on, he sat silently staring into space. Maybe this was all just a test. That made sense, he needed to resist temptation. All she was happened to be temptation, so maybe it was his mission to love her on a higher level. No matter what he wanted to love her. Another theory was that since he was so determined not to think about Corrina’s death, that maybe he was venting his frustrations with life in a sexual manner. Anything was possible, and it was all made sense. He needed to exercise some serious self control.

“Ready?” He asked without looking at her, he was afraid if he did and she wasn’t fully dressed he’d do something stupid.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered and he turned. Fully clothed with the blanket wrapped around her, Eve stood there staring at him.

“Why are you sorry? I should be sorry, I keep doing this to you,” he said shaking his head.

“You? I really want to do this with you, but I’m afraid to I guess,” she told him sitting back down next to him. “There are a lot of things you don’t know about me,” she said with that look in her eyes.

“Eve, I’m sorry that I keep putting you in these situations. You don’t have to talk about your past, I know it’s hard for you,” he said taking her hand.

“Claira and I did a lot of things to get money, including have sex with strangers. That happens to be how Danny and I are friends, his cousin paid to have sex with my sister and he treated Danny to me. But Danny could tell I wasn’t into it so we didn’t do anything,” she said then paused a second staring at the ground.

“I thought I was in love with this guy but he basically used me for sex. Though he was very possessive and when he saw me just hanging out with Danny, he flipped out and tried to kill him. He also kind of stalked me and had sex with one of my friends. “I just for one thing have trust issues, mostly because of my parents. And it’s hard living here I’ve never been without Claira and I haven’t been in an environment where I didn’t have to steal, strip or have sex or whatever to get what we need. I was basically a prostitute,” she hanging her head.

“Eve, you don’t have to tell me any of this,” he told her. She lifted her head to look him in the eyes and he saw that she had tears running down her cheeks. When he tried to pull her into his arms she pushed him away.

“I won’t detail why I’m not allowed to talk to my family, just know that I am better off without both my mother and sister. When I came here I got my fresh start and I’ve been a good girl and I’ve stayed out of trouble. Now I have you and I want to do this right and as much as I want to do things with you, it just takes me to a place I can’t think about,” she said. Even though she fought again he pulled her into his arms and she cried against him.

“Don’t worry about it,” he whispered in her ear. “Just tell me what you want and I won’t complain, ok? I want you and I don’t care what you’ve done, I like who you are now. I’m here for you whatever you want or need. We don’t need to or have to do anything until you’re ready,” he said. She looked up at him and smiled, he kissed her forehead and they sat in silence for awhile. None of it was quite what he expected, but it didn’t matter, the past was the past. That was one thing he knew a lot about, moving on from the past.

 

 

When she felt his arms slip around her waist, she knew she’d won. He had to be the easiest guy he’d ever made fall for her and it only took less than 24hrs. It was amazing that she still had her touch; it had after all been months since she worked the party scene and the partying guys. Everybody at school thought she was just a weirdo, but everybody had secrets. She smiled when she turned to face him. Who would have ever expected her to have Mario Jay chasing after her?

“You look amazing,” he told her.

“I think you told me that when you picked me up,” she replied. 

“Can’t hurt to tell you again,” he said. “So you think they’ll show?” He asked and she shrugged, she hoped so.

If Neil and Eve didn’t come then that would most likely mean that they’re off having sex. And she knew that Eve was still too emotionally unstable for her to really be able to handle that. Before Eve had moved across the street she’d done her best to be the biggest loner in their school. She could have had friends, a lot of friends with her connections. But she didn’t like most of her peers and she had no desire to be popular. So she made herself into someone she loved but everybody else would walk right by and ignore. The only time she ever really hung out with other people was when she spent time with her sister Tessa or her brother Patrick, both of which were in college.

Everything changed when she met Eve, here was someone who could understand her need to not be the center of attention. She was a kindred spirit and they had become fast friends. And over the course of their friendship she’d become friends with the Kane brothers and the 3 of them had become protective of Eve. Apparently it was a common thing for everybody to want to protect Eve. Morgana was always the type of person that wanted to help people and take care of them. Of course nobody really knew that because nobody really got to know her. She was just that weird girl with the smart mouth who didn’t have any friends and she liked that girl a lot more than who she use to be. Like Eve she knew how hard it was to change who she wanted to be and love herself.

“They’ll be here,” she replied.

“Well your friend should try to spend as much time with him as she can, before it’s too late,” he said looking away.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked pulling him back to face her. They were sitting in an arm chair and she was on his lap.

“Well you know it’s that time of year,” he said and she nodded. “He shuts down completely and he could lash out, he’s very unpredictable. I know he really likes her, but there’s a chance he might act completely different and she could get hurt. You know I don’t mean physically but still,” he told her.

“Corrina was your sister too,” she said and he stared at her a moment.

“But they were twins,” he replied. “Just make sure she knows it probably will blow over and when it does he might be in a different frame of mind and their little thing might not be what it is now. And there’s a chance that he could disappear for a few days or weeks,” he explained.

“How has your family been able to move on from this?” She asked, again he looked away from her.

Once upon a time she’d been really good friends with Corrina. It wasn’t something she liked to talk about now, not because of Corrina but because of the things that happened prior to her death. The friends they use to share were most of the reason; girls in middle school could be so cruel. She refused to relive the past; she was a different person now. None of what happened then matter much anymore because Corrina had died in 7th grade. After that Morgana could no longer pretend and the other girls sought revenge. The one thing she regretted was not being there that last day with Corrina, but she had learned to accept that.

“We haven’t,” he said looking away from her again. “I didn’t forget you were her friend,” he said meeting her eyes.

“Best friend,” she said. “I loved Corrina, but the other girls were becoming unbearable, I stayed for her. After she was gone, I became a different person. There were a lot of things that went on before she was gone,” she hung her head.

“Life is all about changes,” he replied and she nodded. “That being said, ready for a change of subject?” He asked and she nodded gratefully.

“You read my mind,” she said and he kissed her.

            “So hanging out with Chris and Molly didn’t scare you away?” Mario asked and she laughed, no one told her what to do.

            “I’m definitely not the same girl that use to hang around your house. Even back then Christianna didn’t scare me,” she said and he laughed.

            “You aren’t that little girl at all,” he said suggestively. “You got hot,” he whispered in her ear.

            “I am quite hot,” she replied smiling.

            Unlike Eve it hadn’t taken her much time to pick her outfit out. There was no need to try on different things; she pictured what she was going to wear in her head when Mario invited her to the party. Going out with him and hanging around his friends didn’t make her nervous, she’d done this type of thing a million times. The fact that she’d once, many years ago, had a crush on Mario didn’t matter. She knew that she could get anything she wanted if she tried, nothing was impossible. Maybe all those other parties and those other guys were practice for this. Though she hadn’t been sitting there wishing for him, in fact she’d given her crush up. So when he showed up last night, it was as if by fate. Morgana wasn’t like other girls and neither was Eve, or at least she was a lot different before Cornelius Jay came into her life. They weren’t the type of girls that needed boys or validation from anybody else. At the moment Eve was forgetting that because she was swept up in something new.

            Morgana saw nothing wrong with having girlie moments, she loved that she had Eve to do that with. Her sister Tessa was always trying to change her; it was great to have a friend that accepted her for who she was. When she’d picked out her black printed shirt dress, she’d been going for a dark gypsy look as was her style these days. She wore a gold sequined scarf tied in her hair to match the gold print on her dress and gold bangle bracelets and gold hoop earring. And her finishing touch was her knee high black boots; they almost made up for the fact that her dress was short. Even though she usually liked to be invisible it was nice to have attention every now and then, in this outfit she had lots. Mario couldn’t keep his eyes off of her and that was the best part.

            “You are a little young for me,” Mario told her. The lust in his eyes however said something totally different.

            “Too bad you already kissed me,” she replied coolly. “Isn’t this like against the law or something?” She asked matter of factly and he shrugged.

            “Technically I’m still a teenager,” he said and she laughed.

            “Sixteen and nineteen that’s not that big of a deal, I’ve dated older guys,” she told him. The look on his face made her want to laugh; he was so easy to read.

            “I did hear your were a serial dater, but so you want to date me is that it? I thought you just wanted to get into my pants,” he joked.

            “Then I guess you heard I’m so not into commitments,” she said. It was never an option before, she wasn’t the exclusive type. Getting too attached spelled disaster and she liked her life drama free.

            “Guess we’ll see what happens?” He asked and she just shrugged, she just had to play it cool.

            “Wanna be totally lame and double date with Eve and Neil?” She asked surprising herself, he laughed of course. Most of it was to gauge his reaction, but this was out of character for her. Before this went any further she needed to know what his intentions were so she could play this game right.

            “That would be interesting,” he said. “Of course that would mean that they’d have to quit pawing at each other for a few minutes. But why not? It might just be fun and it would give my sisters something to talk about.”

            “I don’t know if they could stop molesting each other that long, you saw what happened last night,” she said and they both laughed.

            “Your girl has some kind of magic cause Neil is a good little boy and he would never do what he’s been doing. He’s usually so conservative, makes the rest of us look bad. Sometimes I don’t know where he comes from,” Mario told her.

            “It’s so sweet that he says he wants to ‘make love’,” she replied.

            “So what you wanna make love to me?” He asked in a joking yet seductive manner that made her laugh.

            “Make love? Maybe I just wanna screw your brains out,” she said trying to keep a straight face. They both start cracking up laughing, and then were kissing again.

            “Morgana Wrecker?” A vaguely familiar voice called, she closed her eyes because she was afraid she knew exactly who it was.

            “That is her, I told you,” another familiar voice said. Morgana didn’t want to look because now she was sure she knew who both of the voices belonged to.

            “Hey,” she greeted to Cindy Porter and Dawn Sanders. They were once her friends and currently were in Neil’s circle of friends.

            “Mario Jay?” Cindy asked clearly in disbelief, she looked at them then at Dawn.

            “Nice to see you ladies,” Mario said. He was watching Morgana and she was sure he could tell she was annoyed.

            “So are you two like going out or something?” Dawn asked, she was in just as much shock as her friend.

            “Looks like it,” Morgana replied in a cold tone. These were the girls that made a point of trying to make her life miserable. Which of course backfired because she didn’t care what other people said about her. So there was also no reason to be fake like them and act like she liked them.

            “Look they finally made it,” Mario said referring to Neil and Eve who’d just come in the door.

            “What the hell is going on?” Libby Johnson asked when she came to join them, “Is this the f*****g twilight zone?” She was of course the leader and bitchiest one of all.

            “Neil,” Cindy said a little too loud when she saw him approaching and holding Eve’s hand.

            “Hi,” he said with a stony face that matched his cold tone.

            “Can we talk?” Libby asked Neil, making a clear point to ignore everybody else.

            “No, I don’t have anything to say,” he said. His tone was so cold that you could feel the iciness in his voice. Libby just looked stunned like she’d been slapped across the face. Morgana was trying so hard not to laugh, she was so glad she’d come this party.

            “Fine then,” Libby said turning from them and walking away.

            “Libby,” Dawn called after her as she followed.

            “She means nothing to him, they’re both s***s,” Cindy was saying.

            “Same old 2nd grade crush?” Morgana asked when they were alone and Neil and Eve sat down on the couch.

            “Sadly yes,” Neil sighed then turned to look at Eve.

            “That explains why they hate me so much,” Eve said.

            “High school girls are too much drama,” Mario said and Morgana hit him.

            “I’m done with all that dumb stuff,” Neil said.

            “Took long enough,” Morgana said. She looked around remembering that they were at a party. They were always the same music, drinking and people rubbing up against each other and calling it dancing. It was weird because she hadn’t realized she was tuning everything out until that moment. This use to be her scene and she use to like this, but now she was over it.

            “I’m bored with this, let’s leave,” Mario suggested.

            “Yeah, I don’t feel like partying tonight,” Neil agreed with his brother.

            “So where are we gonna go?” Eve asked when they were up heading for the door.

            “Anywhere but here,” Neil replied.

            “Want the dirt,” Morgana said when she pulled Eve back so they could talk in secret. The guys were talking and walking ahead seeming not to really notice anyway.

            “Close, then I spilled my dirty secrets to explain why I can’t do it just yet. And you know what? He wants to be there for me and take it slow and all that, he’s way too sweet. I told him how Claira and I made money and some of what happened with Jay. That would scare me away from me, but he still wants me. Where did he come from?” Eve asked and Morgana shrugged she wasn’t surprised at Neil, but she was at Eve. It was hard for Eve to tell her everything and she somehow managed to share things with Neil? That had to be love, even if they didn’t know it yet.

            “Marry him, you will never find a guy who will still love you when he hears you sold yourself. He is definitely a keeper and I would so take him, but I have other plans,” Morgana said. “This is soul mate territory and I must say my dear horny skank friend, that I’m proud of you,” she went on and Eve glared at her.

            “Don’t look now but I think you’re falling for Mario,” Eve replied.

            “Honey I don’t fall for anyone, they fall for me,” she told her.

This time she was afraid that maybe Eve was right. They both laughed and went to get into Neil’s car because it had the most room. She wasn’t sure what she’d have done if Eve hadn’t come to town. Everything would be completely different, she would always be smart mouthed, opinionated and defiant. But it was nice to have someone to hang out with and talk to. While she could have survived the rest of high school being completely alone, there was no reason to. Now she would have someone to make fun of her ex-friends with in school on Monday, because of course they were gonna start some drama. That was all they were good at and this time Morgana decided she would just have to put them in their place.

 

 

“So you tell me that you have something to tell me and I still hear nothing,” Eve said to Morgana. It was a rainy Monday morning and they were in the girl’s room at school before their first period class.

“I couldn’t say it in front of your boyfriend,” Morgana replied. Neil had driven them to school and it was likely to become a routine thing. “I can’t believe we went to church with them yesterday, that’s hurting my image,” she said.

“Yeah it’s kinda weird, and we met the grandparents,” Eve agreed. The Jay brothers had decided that they ought to pick up the girls for church and that was something Eve had never thought would happen. A lot of things were surprising and out of the ordinary these days. “I’m still waiting to hear what you have to say,” she said.

“Ok fine,” Morgana said turning away from the mirror where she’d been applying her make up. While Eve was sitting on the window ledge waiting for her to say whatever it was she was going to tell her. “I saw him last night,” she whispered.

“You had sex with Mario?” Eve asked and Morgana nodded, Eve laughed and got down from the window. “You are such a s**t,” she said.

“I know,” Morgana said closing her eyes and hitting her forehead with her palm. “I don’t regret it cause it was pretty amazing, but it was stupid.”

“I’m jealous,” Eve said and Morgana stared at her.

“Neil has been trying to throw you down um all weekend so hush,” she told her.

“Yeah and if I wasn’t so damaged I would have done him quite a few times. Wish that high priced therapist could tell me just when I will really be over this and can live a normal life,” Eve said going back to sit on the window.

“What is normal anyway? This weekend wasn’t normal and we had fun. When the time is right you will show him a thing or two and he’ll be even more hooked on you,” Morgana told her. She sat down next to her on the window; they were in silence a moment.

“You’re a way better sister than Claira,” Eve said in almost a whisper. “I will know when its right and I have moved on. This life is way beyond normal compared to my last one,” she went on.

“Yeah pretty much a lot of things are more normal,” Morgana said and she smiled. This was just the type of person she needed in her life, only Morgana could understand her and make her smile. If only she’d had her around her whole life, then things would be so different.

“Oh there are skanks in here,” Cindy said when she, Libby and Dawn entered.

“Hey new girl,” Libby called referring to Eve. “Stay away from Neil, he’s mine,” she said and Morgana laughed.

“Wow Lib guess he ain’t yours if he wants her,” Morgana said.

“Mind your business weirdo,” Dawn said.

“Mind? You wouldn’t know much about that would you? When was the last time you thought for yourself?” Clearly Morgana was having fun making these girls mad, but Eve didn’t care to bother.

“Sorry sweetie, he’s with me,” Eve said and Libby looked angrier than she had when she came in.

“You don’t know what you’re getting into,” Libby said.

“And you don’t know me, I’m not afraid of you. What’re you gonna do spread rumors about me? Oh I’m so scared tarnish my reputation, still I’ll have him. You will still look stupid,” Eve said. These silly girls were lucky she wasn’t in the mood to fight, but they weren’t worth it anyway. They were actually amusing and she knew they weren’t going to go away anytime soon.

“You’ve been warned, if you don’t stay away from him you will regret it,” Libby said. Then she turned throwing her blonde hair back and walked away, Cindy and Dawn followed her out.

“You’ve been warned Evey, don’t have sex with your man cause somebody is jealous,” Morgana laughed.

“They’ve slept together,” Eve said getting back down from the window. One thing she was good at was reading people, some were harder than others, but Libby was so transparent.

“So? He loves you and he doesn’t want her and he never has,” Morgana said dismissively. “Let’s go to class, I don’t feel like being late on my first day back,” she said heading towards the door.

“No, I get to be the leader,” Eve said cutting in front of her and throwing her hair back. They laughed the whole way to their first period class. Of course Libby and her friends were going to try to cause trouble for them, but Eve feared nothing. Mean girls were nothing when you’ve come close to death.

 



© 2010 Britiney Harper


Author's Note

Britiney Harper
...i'm sure there are a bunch of mistakes.. i dictated to my computer for some of it and i might not have caught all the mistakes.. soo you've been warned...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

As you can see I did read it, it was cool and theres something
about reading it late that makes me want to stay up! All I need
is coffee

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's a good story. It's a little hard to read with the typos. I would suggest going back and typing it out. It would be much easier of a read then. But I did enjoy this. Interesting and provcative. Lovely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2008
Last Updated on January 14, 2010


Author

Britiney Harper
Britiney Harper

pittsburgh, PA



About
...A Few Things... 1) Hi! I'm Britiney 2) I Love to Write 3) I love to read 4) I'm a nerd 5) i love my Family more than anything else 6) I've been writing since i was 8yrs old (but really b4 tha.. more..

Writing