Swing

Swing

A Chapter by Dani

         
It's been a week since me and the family moved to here from New Hampshire. So far, so good. The school is pretty decent. The town is large and safe enough to take a walk in. But one thing I can't help but love is this awesome lake behind our house. Well, not exactly behind the lake, but close enough. I've spent all my time there so far while Mom and Dad are getting the furniture situated. My journal is chock full of stories and poems with all the free time I've had. Tristen has been hanging around the town, like she is right now. At a photo shop. It looked pretty basic from the outside. The doors were glass with a black knob surrounded by a black plate. The sign said: Photo-Genetic: Where the Camera Always Loves You. That was such a cheesy motto, clever but cheesy.  Tristen made a loud squeal sound, and ran straight in, I can swear she busted one of my ear drums. She said she'd give me a call when she got home, but so far, nothing.  Oh well, can't blame her. She'd been so excited that she got her own room to decorate however she wanted, and so was I. Sharing a room with her was like two monkeys sharing one banana. 


                         ************************************************************

"Clarissa, Tristen, so have you guys gotten used to your new home?" Mom asked. I nodded my head, in unison of Tristen. Mom smiled like she'd made the best dinner in the world, which she usually does. "Well, that's good. Oh, and remember to list the places I'll be most likely to find you girls." Other daughters would think that was a stupid thing to do, but if you think about it, it made sense. We nodded our heads again, mouths stuffed with food. We were hurrying to catch our favorite t.v, programs.

"Well, then, it seems you two are done. You should work on decorating your rooms now." Mom lifted our plates to the chrome sink. Turning on the kitchen t.v.


Our rooms were up the spiral staircase. I swear this house made anyone feel like royalty. The stairs were covered by a red carpet that had a white flower pattern, I hoped it wasn't for good taste, because it had already failed if that was the case. The railing was white and smooth as silk, and felt steel cold. 

At the top were four different rooms. The one on the far left was mine. Mom let me paint the outside of it white over the brown. The one the far right was Tristen's. She and Dad had arranged some photos with letters on them to say: Tristen's Studio. She'd also painted it with a white border that went about five inches, and the rest was painted like a fish scenery. I guess she tried to make it look like a giant photo mural.  

The room right of my room was the bathroom. Mom made the theme like the ocean. The stick-it posters were all tropical fish like Zebra, Pufferfish, and Guppy. It was instant blue as soon as you opened the door.  The one left to Tristen was the guest bedroom. Probably the least decorated room in the house. The bed was a black canopy, with four large poles all connected in a square. The sheets were white with flowers knitted into it. Six white pillows. The two windows were covered by thin white curtains. An oak dresser, a mirror, t.v. and blue walls.

My room was a bit messy. The bed was pretty awesome. It was a large, warm wolf blanket with the heads of two wolves on a blue background, same for the pillows. I had all my books lined up in a blue bookshelf. A black desk with silver legs, the main area for all my journals and sketchings. On the floor were two wolf carpets. The walls were only the green and flowers of the mural I was painting, I still needed to paint the fairies, a lake, fountain and whole lotta other stuff.

I flipped on the t.v. As I hoped, the new episode of Charmed was on. Prue had just died because Shax was trying to kill the doctor but ended up killing Prue. For the next few minutes I kept my eyes on the screen, but then I stared out the window. I could see the tops of trees, deep green, dark oak, and the sun illuminating from above. I guess what some about beauty is right, I started getting drowsy and sleepy. 

That's when something disturbing materialized onto the window. A face. A cloudy, inky like face. Its eyes were wide and its mouth in a screaming shape. I shrieked, falling out of my chair. I flinched, my head slamming on the floor. My sides were shaking, but I couldn't move. I knew that this wasn't a night for sleep.


© 2010 Dani


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on January 26, 2010
Last Updated on January 30, 2010


Author

Dani
Dani

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a little on the goth side, but I can still be upbeat, but then again, aren't all tomboys? I'm random as heck, when I say things, I might not mean it. I'm a goofball older sister of two little sist.. more..

Writing
Speaking to a Dream Speaking to a Dream

A Chapter by Dani


Speaking to a Dream Speaking to a Dream

A Chapter by Dani