Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Lady of the Ring

Chapter Three

 

 

B

rianna turned and ran down the hall, hoping that Malinna hadn’t heard her.  She ran to Cole’s rooms and barged in. 

“How could you!?”

“I did what I had to do, she has just as much right to know as you do,” Cole replied as her took off his cuff links from dinner, “Besides, how do you expect her to live to be nineteen if she doesn’t know everything about who she is?”

“She isn’t a witch!  She is a princess and the heir to the throne of Encantada.  She will have nothing to do with that no good scheming wretched witch so long as I am her mother!  Cole, she has no business messing around with those things!  She is a child, Cole,” Brianna hissed, fire raging in her eyes. 

“Brianna, you know all too well that she is a woman.  She is hard headed and strong.  She isn’t going to let anyone stop her.  She is too much like her mother.  Please try to understand, we can’t keep her here forever,” Cole pleaded, calmly taking her hand. 

Brianna yanked her hand away from him and shouted, “Why don’t you want to protect her!?!  Doesn’t she deserve that?  Or do you think she is above your protection?  She is fragile. She doesn’t understand that the world is a cruel place, and you are willing to just throw her out into it to fend for herself!  You have some nerve!”

Cole grabbed her shoulders and shook her, “I can’t protect her!  She’s a sorceress!  What part of that don’t you understand?!  She has more powerful enemies than we can imagine.  So don’t you dare suggest that I don’t want to protect my daughter!” 

Brianna howled, “I care a hell of a lot more about her than you do!” 

“All you care about is the money and power!  You never cared about anything else.  If it couldn’t make you money, then you wanted nothing to do with it!  Malinna has noticed.  Why do you think she ignores you!” Cole raged. 

Brianna had had enough and tried to slap Cole on the cheek.  Cole snatched her hand away roughly before she could and snarled, “If you value your position, then you will never raise your hand to me in anger ever again!  Is that understood...I said is that understood?”

Brianna pulled her hand away from him and left the room.  She held her head high until she knew that he couldn’t see her, and then she started to cry. 



© 2012 Lady of the Ring


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012


Author

Lady of the Ring
Lady of the Ring

Albuquerque, NM



About
You want to know something about me? Message me. more..

Writing