From the Sidelines

From the Sidelines

A Chapter by Blue_Sky

Every moment we are alive something amazing happens. For some they can never see how magnificent their life is how unique and beautiful. And I pity them, for they cannot see what is in front of them no matter how obvious it is, so they search for it in the places it will never be. However when they look at me I see the pity in their eyes how they think with one glance all I am and all I can ever be. Their wrong you know. Even though I may not be like them, I don’t pity myself, because I see the beauty in each moment, the grace in the simple things in this world, and the wonderful acts one person can do for another. The things we seem to see as important like the critical thought that pass through our heads and sometimes off our lips when someone doesn’t look perfect, the way we value things that mean nothing like looks that fade in time, and we ignore something as simple as a kind word or the act of holding a door for someone. That is what I pity in today and that is what I hope we can stop. One day maybe one person can look thought my eyes and see what I see and it may change their mind, and start something new. Something that is truly as beautiful as the first giggle of a child or the flower that against all odds blooms in the winter, because these are things that matter and need to be treasured.  And even thought I know I will never be able to run again or even walk I can watch from the sidelines. And hope for better tomorrow.



© 2012 Blue_Sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on July 5, 2012
Last Updated on July 5, 2012


Author

Blue_Sky
Blue_Sky

VA



About
I’m a junior in high school who has written since I was seven. I’ve always loved the way with one book authors are immortalized in the mines of those who read their stories. I have always .. more..

Writing
Who Are You Who Are You

A Poem by Blue_Sky


Cancer Cancer

A Chapter by Blue_Sky


When I Text When I Text

A Chapter by Blue_Sky