DAY THIRTHY-NINE

DAY THIRTHY-NINE

A Chapter by Annabelle

Day thirty-nine

I had woken up from my slumber with a start. The sirens had stopped blaring, but I had not been relieved. Because instead of sirens I could hear hissing and cries of pain.

 

And I had known then, that our military and the hundreds of soldiers had not been able to defend us. That the sick had been with too many and that their advanced senses had been their way to victory. And it had dawned upon me that my family was most likely dead. That even if my mum and sister had made it to one of the buildings that there could have been no way that the few soldiers that guarded them as a last effort would have been able to kill them all. Foreigners and colleagues. I had hoped that my family had died a peaceful death and had not woken up as a sick and infected human. If you could even call these things humans.

 

I had slapped a hand over my mouth to quiet my sobs in fear of the sick hearing me. The salty tears had run down my cheeks and had dripped onto my shirt. Silent sobs had wrecked my body as I forced myself not to move out of the uncomfortable hiding spot in the car. I was not a faithful person. Never was. But at that moment I had prayed to God, asking him to look over my family and take good care of them. To not let them wander around this world because of unfinished business or an unfair death.

 

That day I had sworn to kill any creature that came upon my path to avenge my parents and the many other families that had lost their lives to this unnatural and unfair war.

 

They would die. All of them and I would live to the day where the earth belonged to the humans once again. 



© 2017 Annabelle


Author's Note

Annabelle
Let me know what you think of the chapter so that I may make improvements if neccesary

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017


Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

HELMOND, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands



About
I may be quite young but I have always had a big imagination and started writing books when I was but 12 years old. That is also when i posted my very first book online and while I cringe at the gramm.. more..

Writing