DAY FIFTY-SEVEN

DAY FIFTY-SEVEN

A Chapter by Annabelle

I remember bleeding heavily from my arm, the injured one.

I remember those damned creatures finding me.

I remember the sound of my daggers blade slicing through their flesh and the rusty smell of death and blood.

 

The creatures, they had found me. I hadn’t been quick enough and one of them must have spotted me going inside of that van. It hadn’t been long before the doors had opened and I had been ripped out of it.

They were quick, too quick.

Not a second had been wasted before an arm had been wrapped around my stomach and another around my neck. My dagger was taken from my belt and I was forced to look up into the soulless eyes of one of them. “You smell of death” One had growled. It had surprised me that not all of them were mindless monsters. And it had angered me that those b******s knew what they were doing. I snarled into its face.

 

“Where do you come frommm” it hissed “we will kill all of your dear ones.” I stayed silent, my eyes scanning over its face and taking in its sickening features. Its hair was damp and blood slowly dripped down its face and onto the ground with almost silent splats. Anger filled its eyes when no reply came and the arm around my neck tightened. “Tell me” it snarled into my face and a gooey substance splattered onto my face. I grimaced in disgust. Still, I kept my lips pressed together and stared back into its red eyes. “Tell me you stupid human!” I growled and started squirming in my captors arms. “Why won’t you kill me already you stupid monster!” I finally snarled. A grin came upon its face and it honestly looked scarier than when it wasn’t smiling. “Where would be the fun in that”

 

With one final kick I came free from my captor and I quickly switched our roles. The only difference was that I was not as cruel as to play with my prey. With one swift movement I had snapped the minions neck and I fell down with it. I felt the cool metal of my daggers handle touch my fingers tips and closed my hand around it. Without standing up I swiped at the b******s legs and it screeched at me. “How dare you!” I did not waste my breath on some stupid reply and swiped my dagger at its legs again. It let out another screech and swiped at me with its claws. I was quick to back away and jump up into a standing position. “You are no match to me, human” I only grinned and stabbed my dagger into its eye socket. For such an ‘intelligent’ creature it sure was slow. Its arms reached up and it closed his hands around mine and pulled on the dagger. I ignored its warm and sticky touch and gripped my dagger tighter. With my foot I tripped the stupid b*****d and it fell down, sliding out of my dagger. After landing on the ground it didn’t get up, but instead continued wailing whilst gripping its eye. “Let me end your suffering” I growled and slammed my dagger into its chest. It went in with a silent thud and the creatures body gave a shock. “You will dieeee” it whimpered as its body stopped shuddering and went silent. I grimaced and pulled my dagger out of its chest.

 

I didn’t doubt for a second that I would. In this world it would be a miracle if I survived for a year. My end would come a lot faster than I could have ever thought back when there was no apocalypse happening yet.

 

With a sigh I got up from the ground and wiped the gooey black substance from my dagger on my pants. I stepped over its body and made my way back to the van. The suitcase was still laying inside of it safe and well. I slowly gripped the cold metal of the zipper and pilled it down. The anticipation that I felt before opening the suitcase was severe and with one swift movement the top of the suitcase had been flung open. To my relief there was a small first-aid kit laying on top of a pile of clothes. With a greedy hands I grabbed the box and opened the lid. Inside were a small bottle of alcohol, some packages of bandages, a few Band-Aids, small scissors, a pincer and some gauze. I had ripped my old bandages off and gripped the small alcohol bottle tightly in my fist. Sucking my bottom lip between my teeth I had slowly dripped a few drops of alcohol into my wound. The yellowish liquid had made the blackened skin that was clotted with dried blood and dirt look even more disgusting than it already did.

 

The alcohol stung quite a bit and my lip had started aching from biting down on it. When the wound was disinfected enough I put some gauze and clean bandages on it. With a sigh I leaned my back on the cool metal of the van. 



© 2017 Annabelle


Author's Note

Annabelle
I hope you like the chapter and let me know what you think of it and if I should make any changes to make it better

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017
Tags: Horror, Apocalyps, supernatural, infected


Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

HELMOND, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands



About
I may be quite young but I have always had a big imagination and started writing books when I was but 12 years old. That is also when i posted my very first book online and while I cringe at the gramm.. more..

Writing