DAY FIFTY

DAY FIFTY

A Chapter by Annabelle

It had been ten days.

Ten days since I killed my mother and sister.

Ten days since I had shut myself off from my emotions.

 

I had searched for any sign of my dad but had found nothing. My guess was that he had turned and had followed the rest of the creatures to the next town. This had saddened me because the chances of me coming across the empty shell of who he once was were big and I did not look forward to fighting my dad on a matter of life and death. 

 

After I had searched for my dads body and had given up hope that he was either alive or dead I had moved on to the armory. I had hoped that the soldiers had left at least one piece of good weaponry for me to take. Thankfully, that was the case. I had grabbed a big bag and piled all remaining bullets that belonged to the two guns I had found into the bag. I had found a Accuracy International AWM, otherwise known as a sniper gun and a semi-automatic Glock 17.

 

After leaving the armory I had scavenged nearby buildings for provisions and when I had gathered enough to last a week without needing to hunt I had left the military base behind me.

 

I had decided to follow the trails of destruction created by the sick in hopes of finding a lone creature so that I could eliminate them. I had trained for the chance to kill them ever since it had gotten clear to us that they were taking over the world and killing anyone they laid their sights upon.

 

A few days after I had left the military base behind I had encountered a small group of creatures. Thankfully they hadn’t seen me coming and I had been quick to jump upon the back of the one closest to me. I had taken out my dagger and stabbed it into his ear, putting enough force on it so that it went straight through the skull and pierced his mushy brain. Its body had fallen down with a loud ‘thump’ and the other four that were devouring what had once been a human had looked up in alarm. I hadn’t given them time to register what had happened for I pulled my 9mm Glock out of my belt and had shot the broadest one through the head. The bullet had landed right into its eyes and  blood had slowly started seeping out of its now empty eye socket as it fell down.

 

The other three, finally having registered that I was killing their friends, had narrowed their red eyes at me whilst hissing. I had hissed back at them with my Glock in one hand and my dagger in the other. I raised my dagger in front of me in a way that made the sharp blade visible and pointed my Glock at the head of one of those damned creatures.

 

They had been hesitant to jump at me in fear of receiving the same fate as their comrades. And thus another of my bullets went into a skull. A small wail had escaped its blackened and blood covered lips as it fell backwards with a hand to its ear where the bullet had taken away part of it. This, in turn, had caused to other two to jump into action and come at me. I was quick to shoot one in the chest whilst swinging my dagger in front of me.

 

It had been a great surprise to me when the creature had staggered back, gripping its chest where I had sliced it. I had expected to be taken down then and there. It hissed at me and jumped, knocking me to the ground. It had snarled at me causing blood of its victims to splatter on my face. I had screamed back and pushed it off with all of my might. With one swift motion I was straddling its hips and driving my dagger into its chest, leaning on it with all of my weight to ensure it died.

 

When the creature ceased moving I had let go of my dagger and grabbed the roots of my hair tightly in hopes of calming myself. When a weak whimper had sounded to my right my head snapped over to gaze upon the source, which was the creature I had shot in the chest. It seemed that my bullet had missed its heart but did hit a fatal point causing it to be unable to move because of the pain. I had been glad that the creatures still felt pain because not only did that show that they were once human, it also slowed them down when their victims fought back.

 

But this creature was no human anymore and so, I didn’t hesitate to pull my dagger out of the creatures chest I was straddling and stagger over to the wounded creature to drive my dagger through its heart. Only when I sat down next to it did I realize I was hurt. Scratches ran down my right arm and blood slowly dripped from them. I had winced when I placed my hand on them and  clenched my teeth in pain. I had dragged my bag to me and took out a package of bandages to wrap my arm with. I also took a bottle of water and dumped its contents on my arm, ignoring the stinging it brought. When I had washed the creatures blood and my own off I had quickly wrapped the wound before the bleeding could start again.

 

I knew that my arm was poorly wrapped but I was no nurse. I was an ordinary 17year old girl with no experience on how to survive in this cruel world. I was just doing what I thought was right.

 

And so, I slung my back over my left shoulder and slowly continued on my way towards wherever it was I would end up.

 

Why did this happen? How? 



© 2017 Annabelle


Author's Note

Annabelle
I hope you like this chapter and let me know what you think of it and if I should make any improvements!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on September 22, 2017
Last Updated on September 22, 2017
Tags: Apocalyps, Horror, supernatural, infected


Author

Annabelle
Annabelle

HELMOND, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands



About
I may be quite young but I have always had a big imagination and started writing books when I was but 12 years old. That is also when i posted my very first book online and while I cringe at the gramm.. more..

Writing