1: On The Run

1: On The Run

A Chapter by Hayllie
"

She's a human that's been running her entire life. He's the Alpha that would do anything for his pack. Two completely different lives that are about to be intertwined.

"
  
    "Stop running!" "Leave me alone!" "You've been warned! Stop running or we won't hesitate to kill you!" Still she ran faster. She had to will herself to keep going. She couldn't stop; if she did they would kill her. They wouldn't let her go like they claimed. They never did. They would lock her up, torture her and who knows what else? She turned her head back around once more to look at the group of men behind her. They were still close behind, but still she was far enough away they couldn't reach out to her. She stopped suddenly at the edge of a cliff. Breathing heavy, she looked all around for an escape. When she turned back around, the group of men stopped a few feet from her. "Last chance Human. Stop running and come back with us." The man in the front said cautiously. "They're not even out of breath..come on and give me a break." She thought to herself. As if they heard her, the man standing closest to her started laughing. "We don't want to hurt you; but we will if you don't do as I say and come back with us. You are a very special treasure; one that must be taken special care of." "What are you talking about?! Leave me alone and we can pretend this never happened. You never seen me. Just tell whoever that I died along with the rest of the human race." She pleaded. "Sorry love...that's not the way this works. We have strict orders to bring you back to the council." Another man said. "What the hell does the council want with me? I've not done anything."  
    They looked at her as though she was some great prize to be won. She didn't understand. Sure she was one of the last humans to exist, but she was minding her own business when the group of men in front of her, had found her hideout and captured her; or tried at least. "No harm will come to you if that's what your afraid of. The council promises their safety." The first man said again. "Yeah right. Like they promised the safety to the humans before he wiped us all out?" She spit at them. That granted her a smirk from the man. The human world had literally fallen apart when the last human president died. Riots and chaos were the least of the problems. All immortals had took the fall of the government, to come out of hiding and live amoungst the humans. That was when the real trouble began. Death and blood everywhere. Every single day. The immortal council stepped up as the new government and banned humans from living with the immortals. They were forced into hiding. Those that were captured were executed on site. Sure the council had promised the safety of the human race if they chose to work for the immortals; such as blood donors to the vampires, or maids, cooks, slaves pretty much. Those that chose not to, were given 2 choices. Run and stay in hiding, or die. Less than two years later, less than 200 humans remained. Those that did were already dead. "The council ensures you're safety. You are needed." The man smiled evilly. 
*********************************************************************************
    "Keep you're hands close to you're face Bentley! A strong frame gives you the advantage." "Yes alpha." Bentley nodded as he was thrown to the ground. The alpha sighed heavily, and signaled for everyone to stop. He slowly made his way to the young boy and helped him to his feet. He moved the boys legs and helped him get into a better stance. "This..is a strong frame." He told the boy, but looked at everyone standing around the huge circle. "And when you keep your hands up; you are focusing on what your opponent is doing next. Now...try and hit me." The boy looked at him anxiously. "Wa....what? Alpha I....I cant." Bentley stuttered. "Bentley I am you're alpha and I want to help you. I am trying to keep you alive. I wouldn't hurt you, you know that. Now go." The alpha stood up straight and waited, his hands by his sides. The boy looked around the circle, then threw a single punch; but the alpha had been watching. He had anticipated the blow and easily moved out of the way. "How....?" Bentley asked. "Because I anticipated. I watched you're eyes. Now watch my eyes. Watch my body movement....anticipate what I will do." The alpha explained as the boy took a deep breath and did as he was told. 
    He watched the alpha closely. The alpha took a breath and swallowed hard. Bentley watched as the alpha's hand rose slowly and he shut his eyes. Right before the alpha made contact Bentley grabbed the alpha's fist  and blocked the hit. Everyone around the circle laughed and cheered for their young pack mate. "Very good Bentley." The alpha smiled, clapping the boy on the back, just as one of the elders appeared. "Alpha excuse my interruption but your attention is needed at the cliffs." "Micah what is it?" The alpha moved to stand right in front of the elder. "Looks like a rogue on the territory lines, but...." Micah broke off. "But what? What is it Micah?" "...but it is stronger than a rogue. Almost to strong. They are being chased, which means..." "A different pack is in our territory?" The beta Luke asked suddenly, appearing beside the alpha; who looked over his shoulder at him then back to the elder. "Micah are you sure it's another pack?" The elder laughed. "I may be an elder Greyson but I am no idiot." "Send out the scouts, and a few hunters join them! Bring the rogue to me unharmed!" Greyson demanded turning and walking back to Bentley. "Alpha I can help." He put his hands on the boys shoulders gently and smiled. "Not this time. You have far to much potential to possibly loose you or have you injured over a few lone rogues. Come..the rest of us will gather inside and wait for the word from the scouts." 


© 2020 Hayllie


Author's Note

Hayllie
So this chapter is kinda long, but I wanted to set up for a whole lot of drama and hopefully some comedy to come...let me know what you think and any ideas to make it better please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review


I think your first chapter shows much promise .. you have clearly given the storyline much thought.. My only advice would maybe break the page down into more paragraphs, lots of them.. that would help structure it and make the page or pages much easier on the eye.... Gonna give ya top marks anyway and hope to eventually read lots more...

Neville

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Here I am again
Ive seen this other story you wrote and am multi tasking
love this one too.
Ill read more after I read the other one I started today.
you are very talented.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Hayllie

3 Years Ago

thank you!
First...hello...I see you have invited me personally by email...hope all is well...I see you like to jump right into a scene...from the beginning of this first chapter...the chase and everything that goes with the entirety...I would give the start a better feel for the audience...in that the setting sets the pace in the story line...example...as they chased her into the woods...or field or down the lonely trail with no where to go...a place and time...was it early morning...afternoon or evening...night time...etc...you can space out your lines too...for a better read...it will save you time and energy to do so...when editing...but overall you seem to know your direction and flow to where you want this to go...so with that...keep on writing to finish...most important...and then go back and touch up the elements you may or may not want or add to it...I will end at this point...be safe...and make others aware also...

Posted 4 Years Ago


A very good opening chapter. You create a outline for the story. I liked the set-up and how you used the language. Understandable. I will keep reading and thank you Hayllie for sharing the amazing chapter.
Coyote


Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hayllie

4 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! This is one of mine that im always super anxious about people reading lol im wie.. read more
Coyote Poetry

4 Years Ago

Us, who love to write. We need to pay attention to comment. Not follow every one. Like Hemingway wro.. read more

I think your first chapter shows much promise .. you have clearly given the storyline much thought.. My only advice would maybe break the page down into more paragraphs, lots of them.. that would help structure it and make the page or pages much easier on the eye.... Gonna give ya top marks anyway and hope to eventually read lots more...

Neville

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 2, 2020
Last Updated on March 6, 2020


Author

Hayllie
Hayllie

N the Country US, NC



About
"Our imagination is great, it can sometimes be the best thing about a person, even if putting it into words comes hard." I may not be the best writer, but with a huge imagination, I am always coming u.. more..

Writing
Narcissist Narcissist

A Poem by Hayllie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poems Poems

A Poem by lightsong