7:The Council is Here

7:The Council is Here

A Chapter by Hayllie

So I am using Australian slang in this chapter, but I will post the words and what they mean so nobody get's confused. 
Bloody: very
Rapt: Pleased, delighted
Cobber: very good friend





(Greyson's POV)
      "G'day Alpha." "Aaron. How are you? This is my mate.....my Luna, Sydney." I smiled down at her, which she shook his hand respectively. "Good she does at least know a little respect." I thought to myself. Aaron, a Sentienal from the Aussie pack led us through the airport to a waiting hummer outside. He motioned for Sydney to climb in the back first and I had to let out a small growl when his hands landed softly on her lower back. He understood and offered his apology. I moved to sit beside her as Aaron got up front. "Alpha Oliver said he is bloody rapt that your here." Sydney looked up at me curiously and I couldn't help but laugh. The language if you didn't understand it, was comical. "Thanks Aaron." The Aussie pack house had always been nice. Sitting atop a mountain side, it looked as though it hung off the cliffs. Gorgeous brick, mansion styled home that housed a pack of about 1000. It was one of the smaller packs in the country but they were known for being able to handle any situation they were in. The driver, who the entire trip had remained silent, pulled to a stop, as the door was opened for us. I looked down at Sydney quickly who seemed to be in awe at the sight in front of her. "Just stay right behind me." I said softly stepping out of the car. The driver had my one large bag on his arm as he followed us inside.******************************************** "Well G'day my cobber!" The Alpha exclaimed walking down the stairs. "Oliver my friend! It's great to see you." Greyson smiled shaking his hand. "Who's this gorgeous sheila?" Oliver took Sydney's hand and kissed it gingerly. Greyson fought to hide the growl that wanted to escape, but Bellamy mentally sounded vicious. Oliver suddenly met his gaze and bowed his head, taking a step back. "My apologies mate. Such a beauty, you're Luna is." Sydney couldn't hide the blush that plastered her face, which only aggravated Greyson more. He didn't want her blushing at anyone else's comments especially another alpha. "Mate we were just ready to go out for a run. Join us mate?" Oliver asked. Greyson's wolf Bellamy smiled. He had practically begged to get out the entire flight. "Yes! We need to run! I want to stretch!" Bellamy whined. "Thank you that would be great. Bellamy is dying to get out anyway." Greyson said as everyone laughed. Sydney looked up at him curiously, and he smirked. "Alpha may we talk...privately?" "Right mate. This way." Oliver agreed walking into an office to the right. 
     The door was shut behind the three of them as Oliver and Greyson sat across from each other among a huge mahogany desk. "My Luna, Sydney, hasn't shifted yet so I'm hoping you will agree to a guard staying near her at all times while we are out? It's a new place, and I just don't want her to get lost." Greyson explained, a small smile playing at his lips. Sydney cocked an eyebrow at him. "Crikey mate! Bring her with us." Greyson looked at her then back to Oliver. "Can you give us a minute?" The Alpha stood with a pleasant smile and left them alone in the office. "So what...i'm supposed to just sit around in this house all afternoon while y'all go out and do....whatever?" Greyson laughed a little. "You don't have to stay here. You can come with me." "How? There's no way I can run and keep up with a bunch of wolves." Now he laughed. "You can ride on my back. It's up to you. If you want to stay here, I will have Oliver assign one of his scouts to go with you, and you can explore. I think he has a female scout that would love some fellow female conversation." They both smiled. "Um...Can...Can I just go with you?" Neither Greyson or Bellamy could hide the happiness that they felt, that she actually wanted to come. Greyson smiled genuinely at her and pulled her close. "Of course my little rebellious mate." He took a step back and left the office leaving her in the office alone, feeling a little weak in the knees from the sudden closeness they'd just shared. 
**********************************************************************************************************
      Luke sat typing furiously at his computer as the Delta, Derek came barging into the office. "Derek what the hell have I told you?!" "Beta i'm sorry, but the Council is here." Luke looked up suddenly, his heart felt like it slammed into his throat and stopped completely. "What?! OK get everyone in the meeting room and let's make sure we greet them properly. Derek remember...Greyson and our Luna are away on business that's all we know." "Yes Beta." Derek said bowing his head in respect before quickly leaving the office. Luke sighed again and quickly typed out an email to Greyson. 
                             
*   "Alpha Greyson,
                                           I hope you're trip is going as planned. The council arrived today, but I am sure everything will be fine and they will leave satisfied as they always do! Everything here is great, the pack misses their Alpha but are happy for you that you have found you're mate, (even if she isn't to happy about it just yet). That to I am hopeful will have a great outcome as well. Don't worry about anything and we will see you both soon! -Luke"*
 
He shut off the computer and rushed downstairs with the rest of the pack. The council member's stood stoically, their hands behind their back, looking around. "Beta Luke I presume?" The head Council member said flatly as Luke walked into the room. "Yes sir. It's always a pleasure to have the Council's visit." The man eyed him dangerously. "I am Nadeem. Where is the Alpha? He knew our visit was coming." Nadeem said sternly. "Forgive us, but he has left on business. He will be back in a week, but I am in charge until he returns." Luke said proudly. The Council members didn't seem amused. "I see. Well as it turns out, there has been a sighting of a human in recent weeks and this visit isn't a usual one. We are only here searching for her." Nadeem said coldly walking around the few pack mates that had gathered in the living room. "Human? I didn't know they still existed?" Luke said honestly. From the time Rhett had brought Sydney to the pack house, something had seemed off about her and he didn't think she was human. He didn't know what he thought she was, but human wasn't one. "Yes only a few, that are being held at a secure undisclosed location, but this one has escaped us every time we get close to her. We are beginning to believe someone is helping her. So we are checking all the surrounding packs to make sure she isn't being housed anywhere." "Of course. Please take your time. If I may...why is this one human so important? Surely if she's merrily human something is going to end up killing her eventually and then she isn't trouble anymore." Luke's question got serious looks from the Council. "Let's just say that this "mere" human is of special importance to more than us." 


© 2020 Hayllie


Author's Note

Hayllie
Ooh things are getting good....and a little awkward!! I would be so nervous!! *Oh FYI:The Council in this story is meant to be like the head people over all of the supernaturals.*

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on March 3, 2020
Last Updated on March 6, 2020
Tags: fantasy, romance, fear, pain, alpha


Author

Hayllie
Hayllie

N the Country US, NC



About
"Our imagination is great, it can sometimes be the best thing about a person, even if putting it into words comes hard." I may not be the best writer, but with a huge imagination, I am always coming u.. more..

Writing
Narcissist Narcissist

A Poem by Hayllie