War Vs. Peace

War Vs. Peace

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Dust unsettled in a raging storm

Echoes of guns and bombs blazing

As screams of agony and fury

Flood the air with crimson breaths.

 

Tortured souls and lonely hearts,

Forgotten songs heard through all the noise.

A fear for life in the rising hatred of our world

Blood of the innocent spilled on soiled grounds.

 

When the dust finally settles

And the guns fall silent in the shadows

Will there be more war?

Or will peace finally have it's say?

 

 

 

 

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
Though he couldn't exactly say except "I'm leaving, you know where I'm going" My brother was called to Afghanistan for an assignment. I'm so sick of war.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very fine piece ...you write very well...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Excellent word use. I like the way it flows and the imagery you used. Good job. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such a tragedy when a loved one goes off to war...

Posted 11 Years Ago


A visceral, well-described comment on the brutality of war. My heart goes out to your brother and all the others caught in the chaos of mankind's worst atrocity - war. As for the question you ask at the end, I believe the answer is obvious - it is up to us as a collective, global population. Only when we shed our attachment to difference and choose rather to embrace our diversity will we reach a state of peace. And only when we stop believing that others are less deserving of our protection will we choose to stop trying to steal and control other parts of the world.
In the words of Jimi Hendrix, "Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power will the world know peace". Don't give up hope.

Posted 12 Years Ago


War is wearing this country down. Poor Soldiers don't get no rest. I hope the government of the USA changed their policy. Don't need to send Soldier to be police officers where they do not want us. I pray for peace daily.
"Will there be more war?
Or will peace finally have it's say?"
These questions are rarely discussed today. Media is blocking us with other things. I have lost too many good friends and Soldiers need to have purpose and reason. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is beautiful. I've grown up as an army brat so I've experienced my fair share of war. You have superb grammar and strong wording. Just a tip, in my opinion, your first stanza is powerful and packs a punch. But as the poem goes on it seems to fade in intensity. The last two lines don't flow well, but I absolutely LOVE the crimson breath analogy. Over all I'd say you've done a great job =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well-stated!
Filled with desire for peace. I love the words you used! Especially in the second stanza..
And it's very sad to know that your brother is sent to Afghanistan, being aware of the dangers. I wish your brother will come home safely.

Outstanding poem! Thanks for sharing! :)


Posted 12 Years Ago


As a young person growing up in the world, you need to realize that generally people spend weeks, months, trying to talk out their problems and prevent a war taking place. What you see is that it didn't work. Nice write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm sick of war as well. This poem is quite an eye-opener, because this is the truth, in fact, there are no 'good points' of war. My mind just can't seem to find anything! War is completely pointless, why can't human beings just live in peace and settle matters in non-violent ways? The peace after a revolution is never a complete peace, it's like this deadly silence and mourning for all the dead people. I really wish we could do something more than just write it down and spread awareness of how stupid war is, I wish we could take an example from Inception and put it across in everyone's brains and brainwash everyone to stop fighting. If only.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A great piece! Words that stream smoothly across the page! A fine work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1138 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Thoughts Thoughts

A Poem by Tate Morgan