I Hate Love

I Hate Love

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Tired of these blowing winds,

Blowing heavily in my direction

Causing me to fall so deep into the abyss of love

Once more poisoning my heart in bittersweet bliss.

 

Beautifully scented words like a rose,

The sweet smell of aromas that linger

Arousing my senses as I fall...

While I desperately hold onto my dreams.

 

Caught in a web of ecstasy and paradise,

Innocence overwhelms me again.

I open the envelope of my burning heart

And let myself go, opening myself to you.

 

You have stolen the spirit of me,

Burying my hope and dreams in your kiss.

My thoughts that this could be a miracle drift

Perishing in the shadows of my aching darkness.

 

 

I HATE LOVE.

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love can always get us. Even when we desire to hide. It can surprise us at any time and make us dream and hope again. Thank you for the nice verses of love and the very good ending. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a lovely write!~
"I open the envelope of my burning heart
And let myself go, opening myself to you.

You have stolen the spirit of me,
Burying my hope and dreams in your kiss." ~ This is Divine... Excellent, Ana Rose!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh if only I could impress upon you how much I adore you for this. I know that emotion. Really and truthfully it can play havoc with everything in your life. What you thought was possible suddenly becomes impossible as your heart fills with grief and pain. What is worse is when the one you loved acts like you don't exist and pretends as though he never even cared for you. Even the quiet and "geeky" guys have shown me that they too are just as dangerous as the rebel and bad boy. All in all I have learned to hate love and not want to be in a relationship.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow, simply amazing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Coyote says it all, This is amazing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Love lay me down" It is haunting concept how we can not control our emotions by surrendering to our emotions...We can fight to maintain inner balance and lose the war of happiness. Love can make us feel pain and love can hurt so good...Love can set you free, without it one can become a prisoner in a mind made lonely cage. This is beautiful expression Anna, thank you for sharing...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing write! You have captured the pain of love beautifully. I love and understand every word..

" Beautifully scented words like a rose,
The sweet smell of aromas that linger
Arousing my senses as I fall...
While I desperately hold onto my dreams."

...i love this stanza, it's perfect. there is this softness, then you say "Innocence overwhelms me again." Nicely penned.

I love the strength in the last stanza, well done! Keep writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love can be glorious and yet often painful.......you have penned the latter so well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ha, i definately agree with coyote poetry. Love can always find us even if we're hiding. Gosh, so many times where I've tried not to fall in love but yet I do anyway...such a pain. Love isn't all bad but it has a tendency to be more painful at times. And sometimes that scares me more in life. To fully be open to that person and wait for their reply if that person loves you. Your poem is brilliant. I love your words. You describe it perfectly on how hating love is. WONDERFUL piece. I am in AWE.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love can always get us. Even when we desire to hide. It can surprise us at any time and make us dream and hope again. Thank you for the nice verses of love and the very good ending. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1655 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tainted Heart Tainted Heart

A Poem by Thea