I Hate Love

I Hate Love

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Tired of these blowing winds,

Blowing heavily in my direction

Causing me to fall so deep into the abyss of love

Once more poisoning my heart in bittersweet bliss.

 

Beautifully scented words like a rose,

The sweet smell of aromas that linger

Arousing my senses as I fall...

While I desperately hold onto my dreams.

 

Caught in a web of ecstasy and paradise,

Innocence overwhelms me again.

I open the envelope of my burning heart

And let myself go, opening myself to you.

 

You have stolen the spirit of me,

Burying my hope and dreams in your kiss.

My thoughts that this could be a miracle drift

Perishing in the shadows of my aching darkness.

 

 

I HATE LOVE.

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Love can always get us. Even when we desire to hide. It can surprise us at any time and make us dream and hope again. Thank you for the nice verses of love and the very good ending. Thank you for the outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved the imagery in this one, well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You hit it on the head! ...Love the constant roller coaster we all ride ..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I also agree with coyote poetry

Posted 11 Years Ago


I hate love too, but it's just superficial. All the hurt one has to go through just to find true love is a test of sorts. Just think of it as a way to know what you don't like in a relationship so that when the one person who does none of those things comes along, you can begin the next chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the poem

I also agree with coyote poetry

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this, I think it's beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


No matter how long you've known and experienced love, no one really knows anything about it. Love is different for everyone. Some love it, and some hate it. But the cons of love, to me, seem to always outweigh the pros. Love is almost like a temporary happiness until it crumbles, and you no longer want to be a part of it. But I'm sure that if you meet the right person later on, love can be a wonderful thing! :) You've written an amazing poem. All the lines are worded flawlessly, and some of these metaphors are brilliant. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nothing can better convey my present thoughts than this. I can relate to each an every word of your poem. I do hate love because as beautiful as it seems, there exist a lot of hidden storms underneath its flimsy cover. Well penned. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love is a killer that lets us live...Beautifully phrased in fine expression.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wonderful write!! Very well expressed!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1655 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2012
Last Updated on May 24, 2012

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Tainted Heart Tainted Heart

A Poem by Thea