First Sight

First Sight

A Chapter by The Butterfly Writer

Prompt: “If you’re a girl, try writing from a guy’s point of view when he first meets a girl (or boy) he immediately likes.

If you’re a guy, try writing from a girl’s point of view when she first meets a boy (or girl) she immediately likes.”

I never really thought about girls for a long time and that made me feel weird. For a long time it made me think I was gay too; and I was okay with that, but when I laid eyes on her for the first time, that thought completely changed.

She was blonde and slim and beautiful. Her hair shimmered, and she seemed to have a glitter in her eyes that never quite went away, like it was just a part of her eyes. I noticed she wore a simple silver necklace with a glittering disk charm hanging low, just above her chest. 

"Hello…" She said quietly.

She was a new student, moved here from Connecticut only a couple weeks ago. She was absolutely incredible though. And for a Northerner, she seemed kind.

"Oh, you must be Mae, the new student?" Our teacher asked. 

"Yes." She confirmed with a curt little nod of her head. She pulled her bangs behind her ear as she did so.

"You can sit wherever there’s a free seat." The teacher instructed her.

"Okay…"

I watched her look around the room for a few moments before finding the empty seat that was next to me. It did belong to someone, who just so happened to not be here today, which I suddenly found myself grateful for.  I would have to introduce myself to this girl.

She took her first steps behind the desk at the front of the room, and I watched the other students follow her as well, and for some reason I found myself growing jealous of their eyes on her.

I felt like she was meant for me. 

She tentatively took the seat beside me, and flashed a shy smile in my direction; if we had been in any other place, I would have kissed her right there. Instead, I just gave her a reassuring smile in return. 

"I’m Luke." I introduced myself, and shyly extended a hand to her.

I was surprised at how unsteady I felt about this simple action. I was normally a confident and relaxed person.

This was so new to me.

"Mae," The blonde, Northern girl said as she placed her hand in mine, "I’m happy to meet you, Luke."




© 2013 The Butterfly Writer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on September 27, 2013
Last Updated on September 28, 2013
Tags: The Butterfly Writer, Tumblr, Short Story


Author

The Butterfly Writer
The Butterfly Writer

Fayetteville, AR



About
Well, I've done NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month for those who are unfamiliar), once so far and I plan to continue to do it. I also have a Wattpad account with more of my work on it but I'm loo.. more..

Writing