The Wraith of a Snowy Sea Part 7

The Wraith of a Snowy Sea Part 7

A Chapter by CLCurrie

The Guildhall if you wished to call it that, was nothing more then a basement under a poor Traven. A Traven called the Nightwolf and where many of the Nightwalkers stayed or mostly drank.

                The hooded squirrel showed Spencer and Zendaya to the hall removing his hood out of respect for them. He was a short squirrel with dark brown fur almost black but striking feature was the bright yellow magic markings spinning in his dark eyes and caressing out from them on the side of his face.

                He dropped in a chair-tossing his feet up on the table and said, “I am Nacht Yellowleaf or known as Nightshade.”

                “This is Zendaya Snowgun,” Spencer said, “and I am ---”

                “I know who you are, King of the Seas,” Nacht said packing his pipe.

                “Ah, the King of the Outlaw Seas,” Spencer said sitting across from Nacht as Zendaya stood beside him.

                “Right, I forgot you are the King of the Outlaws,” Nacht remarked as if he didn’t fall under Spencer kingship, “guess that means I should bow or something.”

                “No need,” Spencer said keeping his paws on the top of his crane. “Although, some tea would be nice.”

                “You’ll get your tea if I let you live,” Nacht said lighting up his pipe and puffing on it. “I’ve never killed a King before.”

                “These threats are pointless,” Spencer sighed rubbing his forehead.

                “Are they?” Nacht asked.

                “Yes, yes, they are,” Spencer said with an odd turn in his voice which scared them both. He saw the fear flash in Nacht’s eyes and smiled at it. “Now, what do you know about summoning a wraith?” He asked.

                Nacht shook his head and told them, “You might be a King but why should I speak to you? You are not my friend. So, I have nothing to say to you.”

                “Fair enough,” Spencer nodded at him. “A friend sent us,” he told him waving at Zendaya to show him the duck skull.

                Zendaya did as she was told pulling out the skull and sitting it in front of him. Nacht's eyes went wide jumping to his feet. “No friend would send that to me.”

                Before anyone could ask him a question, the black stone started to hiss loudly while Nacht jumped out of the way. Spencer didn’t wait to see what was going to happen, he dashed from his own seat grabbing Zendaya pulling her away from the skull. She didn’t understand why the skull was glowing or what was about to happen, but she could feel the magic was wrong filling the duck’s head with something, which was going to end lives.

                 The candles cried out as the room went dark and the skull exploded like a cannonball sending shrapnel to every wall, quickly followed by flames. Zendaya heard Nacht cried out in pain while a light shield around Spencer stopping him or her from getting hurt.

                A moment later, Spencer stood up tossing a ring from his finger. The ring was a shield spell which could only be used once in a lifetime. He helped Zendaya up and asked, “Are you alright?”

                “I am,” she growled. “Looks like we have been played.” She cleaned herself off turning to see the chair they were sitting in were not there anymore. A black spot was now sitting in the spot of the table. The skull was a bomb and a powerful one to boot.

                “She did want to kill me,” Spencer said walking over to Nacht who was against the wall holding his side with rivers of blood pouring out. He was biting back the cries of pain looking at them both with rage and fear as if they were going to end his life.

                “Good thing you are alive,” Spencer said to him with a nodded at the wounds. “Eh, do you know any good healers?”

                Before he could utter a painful word Twiggy and Elizabeth came rushing into the basement. They were following them the whole time making sure they could get their Captain out of trouble if necessary. Zendaya smirked, she should have known better, Spencer always had a backup plan when in these places.

                “No,” Nacht cried.

                “That is not good,” Spencer said nodding at his crew. “We have a friend who can help.” Spencer nodded for Elizabeth to save him so they could get him to a healer he knew in the city. It was a small price the Captain could pay for bringing death to the squirrel, he did almost get him killed. 


© 2018 CLCurrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on September 8, 2018
Last Updated on September 8, 2018


Author

CLCurrie
CLCurrie

Harrisburg, NC



About
I am a storyteller who comes from a long line of storytellers. I literally trace my heritage back to some Bards (poets and storytellers) of England. My family, in the tradition of our heritage, would .. more..

Writing