Chapter 1 - The Goblin

Chapter 1 - The Goblin

A Chapter by Blood.Red.Nobodies
"

Chapter 1 of "The Last One". It's really short but I have a lot in store for the next chapter. This is just to please you guys. Enjoy(:

"

“Here take this.” Jill said holding open palm towards me.

“It’s just a ring.”

"That is no ordinary ring. If you look into it you will see my face and know that I am always safe.”


I remember clearly the day Jill gave me the ring. The ring has a large gem that is colored blacker than the night. I can look into it and see Jill wherever she is.

 My heart hurts just thinking about Jill. I love her. I don't think she knows how I feel a pang in my heart every time I see her beautiful smile. Her crimson hair and strong gray eyes hit me like a tidal wave. I see her and can't breathe. I will never get the chance to tell her now that I am running from the village.

"Sir? Sir? Hello? Can you 'ear me?"

"What?" I mumbled into my cloak.

"I asked if you could 'ear me." A gruff voice said with a thick British accent.

I looked down to see a short goblin. He looked as if he had been through a few brawls, with a jagged scar across one of his beady eyes to show for it.

"Yeah I heard you. I wanted to know what you want." I snipped, "I am in a hurry and if you don't mind I will be on my way."

"Wait! I need to ask you something." he said breathlessly as he tried to keep up with my powerful black horse.

"Well ask me then but make it quick. I have places to be." I brought my horse to a stop and the goblin stood beside my steed, barely reaching his knees. Why does he look so scarily familiar?

"Are you Leo?" he asked panting. My eyes darkened behind the shadow of my hood and I stiffened up.

"No. What's it to you anyhow?" I tried to sound more impatient than I was worried. How did this goblin know who I was?

"I know you are. I've been following you. I need to talk to you."

"Sorry shorty but I have a schedule and I would like to stay ahead so if you don't mind I'll be on my way." I kicked the horse's hindquarters. He reared, giving a mighty squeal and started off up the dirt path. I looked back and saw the goblin becoming smaller as we galloped away.

I turned back around and saw the goblin standing right in the middle of the path only fifty feet ahead. He looked as calm as he would as if he were strolling through the marketplace. He raised his hands and muttered something I didn't catch. I tried to stop my horse when a blinding blue light shot from the goblin's tiny hands. I was thrown backwards off my horse and flew ten feet before landing painfully at the base of a tree. My horse reared and galloped off into the woods on the side of the road.

"Now will you 'ear me out?" said the goblin. Everything clicked. This was no ordinary goblin and other than being magic he was my best friend when I was a child.

"Garlov?" I said weakly, "Is that really you?"



© 2011 Blood.Red.Nobodies


Author's Note

Blood.Red.Nobodies
My first book that I came up with on my own. I love regular feedback but prefer to get constructive help when I can. If you can't help make it better, then let me know how much you like/hate it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Damn, Kitty your freaking awesome !!

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow this was relly creative i loved it well done

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice job :) Please get the next chapter out as soon as you can!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 23, 2011


Author

Blood.Red.Nobodies
Blood.Red.Nobodies

Spencer, MA



About
Name: Marisa Birthday: August 15, 1996 Sexual Orientation: straight Religion: Baptist more..

Writing