Brother peace, sister love.

Brother peace, sister love.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

War is alive and well. Why?

"

ps_2010_12_08___11_40_44007_7

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval St...

English: PEARL HARBOR (Nov. 11, 2010) Naval Station Regional Ceremonial Guard conducts a 21-gun salute in honor of Sailors and submarines lost during World War II during a Veteran’s Day ceremony at the USS Parche Submarine Memorial Park at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ronald Gutridge/Released) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)




(A prayer for peace)


  Brother peace, sister love.


I had sat by graves of 20,000 Soldiers killed in World War two outside of Paris.  Men who died for freedom. The last war. I wonder would they understand the blunders of their children?


The world celebrated salvation and peace on a good day on September 2, 1945.

Brother peace and sister love was alive and well.


My father followed his father into new wars. I joined to served the cause of war. Peace was rarely spoken in my generation. Today war is alive and well. Hate and greed is the goal of foolish men.


People tell me peace is a dream of utopia lost in some fairytale.


They shot a fifteen year girl on a school bus because she wanted education. Killed 20 children in a school. Six and seven years old kids  learning death and fear.  Rich nations sending drones into countries to kill without pity. Death had become a business. Human life a secondary priority.


Brother peace is broken. The world had fell apart and no-one understand the new wars. Are we fighting for oil? For land or religion? War is man’s sin.  Brother peace is forgotten in a world led by Berserkers.


I’m tire of war. I don’t want my child to fight because of made-up ghosts and old hate. If we don’t stop and learn forgiveness. Will my child follow my path?


People who tell me I’m foolish and wars won’t end till we are all dead. I wonder how will they feel when they  receive a flag and to listen to a 21 gun salute?


Brother peace, sister love are one. Race, color and religion won’t matter to a gun. We must embrace love and peace. Leader of the four corners of our world must gather. Go to their  knees. Pray for peace and salvation.


This is one planet with one people. We must share the gifts of mother nature.

We must embrace brother peace and sister love for the sake of all the children.


Before we kill all things that are beautiful.


War is Man‘s sin.


Thank you for reading.

Coyote

Feb. 2013

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I don't know. I rarely hear people talk of peace. Have we surpass common sense and concern for life?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is an amazing work of art! I rarely see, read or hear about poets writing about PEACE. Peace is something that we all need whether we are going through tribulations and chaos or whether life is going the way we planned. In the midst of the storms going on in our lives, we need peace. We need peace to calm the rocky foundations. Peace, peace, peace...Wonderful!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is lovely :)
The rhetorical quesyions work the best (make strong statements)
This poem is my favourite
It touches your heart

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Old ghosts and old hate... yes. This is beautiful. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an amazing work of art! I rarely see, read or hear about poets writing about PEACE. Peace is something that we all need whether we are going through tribulations and chaos or whether life is going the way we planned. In the midst of the storms going on in our lives, we need peace. We need peace to calm the rocky foundations. Peace, peace, peace...Wonderful!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I look down upon war too. And your personal connections and facts made this poem make me even more aware of the tragedies of war. Nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is unfortunate that war has been waged somewhere since the beginning of time. It seems to be a perpetual windmill that keeps turning from the waters of man's aggression towards another. Whether it be over money, land or oil, it is always rearing its ugly head somewhere.

Violence has come to our schools in ways we never could have imagined 10, 20, or even 50 years ago. To watch these happenings play out on the news is heartbreaking and frightening. It makes us wonder if it will all ever end.

There have been hundreds of failed attempts by teens to carry out deadly assaults on others in schools across the united states. Most have gone unreported. It's a new world we're dealing with. Hopefully, there will come a day when all of this can be stopped before any of it gets too far. That day may be far off, but it is not impossible.

You have written a story that should be read by all. You are a caring soul who has seen much and understands the foolishness of violence and war, Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

You are correct. My daughter school. A young boy had 10 guns and a plan. Someone notice his problems.. read more
Relic

11 Years Ago

It is a growing problem and something I'd never thought I would see. From the majority of what I've .. read more
The hope of peacemakers like us, the poets, has been ongoing throughout history, Coyote - and will continue. The problem we share is that we willl always be a minority, because man`s aggression is driven by fear - for self, family, community and country. Our make-up gives us the ability of imagining the consequences of our own and other peoples actions. We anticipate the results of those actions - and if we perceive a threat, we try to forestall it by acting first, often disproportionately. And so it goes on...Thanks for your superb rallying call, Coyote P.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for sharing this. I like this like your previous works about soldier... and about peace. You are a good man because you always hope for peace and a wonderful world for your children.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If only we could all strive for peace...loving one another as brothers and sisters and not as stangers, then maybe war, hate, racism, and religion would cease. You have always written with a powerful message of peace, which touches my heart. Great write my friend!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree so much with your message.. We think of peace as something that we want but is just a dream.. It's easier for some to delve into the negative, into the pain. I hope the peace seekers of the world take over soon... sneak up and surprise us all.. ;) xo Your poems are always such pieces of art..sharing with us such a powerful message..xo
Thank you Coyote..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1733 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Belief Belief

A Poem by Baby Ricochet