Three short poems.

Three short poems.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Need help editing.

"

    A Spring flower


Was a Spring flower,
so bright and so beautiful,

reaching for the sky and
the sky and the sun adored her.



She would dance with the wind and
the wind would whisper love songs to her.

Late Summer came and the flower slowly weaken and faded away.
The sky cries great rain/snow and the sun hid behind the clouds.

In early Spring,
the flower appeared.



The rain and snow stopped and
the sun shined from morning dawn to nightly dust.

The gentle wind danced with the beautiful flower  and.
the world became beautiful and wonderful once again


-------------------




The Lover (A soldier prayer)
 
Poor boys and men.
Their roads lead to War.

 
Young woman with a  sweet smile.
Silk dress.
Smelling like  Spring flowers.

 
She whispered,  "let us dance tonight.
You shall go to War and 
tonight we need to create photos for the heart. 
memories to keep you warm when you are lonely and afraid."

 
Young man brought the  woman close.
Whispered kind words of love and thankfulness.

 
A soldier stand alone and
he is cleaning his M-16.
Death is all around him.

 
He closes his eyes.
He remembers.
The smell of flowers.
The feel of the silk dress.

 
The sweet smile of his love.

 
Keeps him human

-----------------





Wild roses

I know  the wild rose.
Her beauty had tempted me for many months and
she would dance with me when the songs were good.
She was a long legged woman who had wild blue eyes and loved the whiskey and the long night.



I loved her auburn hair and her kind and sweet voice.
She often told me. 
"Wild roses grow where they want. They know pretty lies and stories The wild rose grow near the river and the thorns can make you bleed for the remnant of love that is left. Its lulls the breath of wishes, that cannot be fulfilled. Old lovers may weep but the wild rose cannot."


I told her often. Free men fear not the wild roses. The taste of the sweet kiss and the loving embrace would be enough. Heavy darkness  and desperate loneliness become the night when lover's wish is not fulfilled. Love is sweet and can be very dangerous. You will bleed and weep for love often. Better to have slow danced and known the gentle touch of the wild rose. Men, who do not know the blushing rose. They yearn for the dance with the wild rose always.



She smiled and whispered. "Brave soldier who fear not the night nor the ending. You shall know the deep sadness one day. The wild roses are free and men want to hold and control all things. I shall break your heart."



I brought her closer, I knew her words were true and I still loved and needed my wild rose.


                  Johnnie/Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Please help me edit. For a book??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i got the chills reading this! i mean, i know you asked for help editing but i don't think there's anything you need to change so far. i love how these beautifully heartbreaking poems intertwine so nicely together, please keep going with the flow of where your writing has taken you so far.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Haley. I appreciate the kind words.



Reviews

i got the chills reading this! i mean, i know you asked for help editing but i don't think there's anything you need to change so far. i love how these beautifully heartbreaking poems intertwine so nicely together, please keep going with the flow of where your writing has taken you so far.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Thank you Haley. I appreciate the kind words.
I have self published 5 books now John, and I am happy to help you, but in all honesty you have written in your own unique way of talking and I think friends reading your book would prefer this to an edited version of American or spoken English.
Maybe just change one or two very small things .... but do not change much at all.... this the way you would read your work out loud and so I think too much change would remove your own wonderful style of writing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


i rather like it the way it is, but will try to help you out.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I would appreciate. I want to put into a local magazine. Thank you for reading and the help.
Three poems, different but with a common theme and each so very beautiful.
Your poems really touch the heart

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Three poems for a magazine. Thank you Anise for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Anise

6 Years Ago

That is so amazing that you will have these published. They are so very worthy. very beautiful
Wild roses not nurtured and cut correctly at the correct nodes- will die and wither away but cherished and attended shall return every year- Beauty unpredicted- wonderful words🌹

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Rose are beautiful and delicate. Thank you dear Kelly for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

6 Years Ago

Anytime and always a pleasure dear sir🌹

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2018
Last Updated on March 28, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..