Chapter Two : Soundless Whispers

Chapter Two : Soundless Whispers

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Grace. Age Unknown. Mysterious. Alone.

"


Grace.

So still, so lovely our sleeping beauty lay in her lonely cottage. 

Brown locks were scattered about the cloth she lay on with some spilling over to the wooden floors so clean you could see your own reflection upon it. She was curled in a snake-like position, as if fighting the cold morning that the girl has been living with for so long. On her body was a dress so lace white and so pure with a strap falling over her shoulder so delicately. 

Laying there,

She dreamed of endless days with the trees.
She dreamed of sweet treats with people whom could speak,
and she also dreamed that she could speak herself,
speaking words that she could only write.

Sweet dreams that could not be realized,
Sweet dreams that she could not imagine awake. 

For even though the sun shines on her face, she refuses to open her eyes to it.

Then, something happened.

. . . . . Scratch, Scratch.

There is a strange sound, Grace stirs. 

. . . . . .  Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.

There it is again, only louder. 

. . . . . Scratch, Scratch, Scratch, Scratch . . .!!!

The sound soon overwhelmed the dreams she had, and the young girl was forced to awaken. Green, emerald eyes fluttered open to the sound of scratching from the hallways. 

It had just been her dog. 

Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.

The sound wasn't faint this time, but louder, making Grace turn over to the other side, now facing the window which basically slapped her with sunshine, now completely waking her up although she wished to be asleep. She tried closing her eyes, but to no avail, the sweet dreams had faded away into nothing in her mind. 

Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.

". . . . . ."

Scratch, Scratch, Scratch.

". . . . ."

It was like an endless music box played, and she tilted her head back to see the shadow of the small creature struggle to stand up and open the door, failing and only making the annoying scratching sound that she now hears. It was quite difficult to make a choice on which side she could face now. Which seemed to be better: the sun continuously slapping you with its rays or the scratching of a small dog whom will start barking pretty soon? There was only one option now and that was to wake up and start the morning early.

And so, making her mind, Grace slowly sat up. Messy, brown locks soon started to rise and fall in front of her and the nightgown soon needed to be pulled up. The blanket that she had slept with the previous night was to her side, by the wall, as if it had run away from her and she had to use one hand to keep herself up, but it looked so delicate, as if it was about to break trying to support her weight. Emerald eyes were then cast upon the high window to see the usual view: the sun peeking through the leaves of the tall Oak tree she lived by.

- - - - - -

Sliding doors opened suddenly and the small, caramel colored puppy backed away, seeing its mistress step outside with the usual 'good morning' smile on her face. He knew that she could not speak and so barked as if also saying good morning, its high-pitched voice echoing through the hallways. It was the only noise that kept the silent girl company. 

". . . . . ."

Grace knelt down beside the dog and offered a cream-colored hand, wanting to pet him. His name was Aria, but she could not say it, a name that seemed so beautiful. Aria was a beautiful German Shepard that had come to her many years before with food and it kept making rounds until it just stopped going back, leaving itself in Grace's care. The owner never came to pick him up, and so she assumed him to be hers and only hers. 

The dog soon complied and came to Grace, being pet so gently that it almost purred, wagging its tail like its the last thing it was going to do. A gentle smile came over Grace's face as she did so, a smile that brightened the cold morning as much as the sun did. She loved him, and he loved her. They needed each other and they clung onto each other like brother and sister. 

Grace, after a while, stood up and then started walking straight, to the direction of the kitchen. Now that she was awake, she can now start her day. And the first thing she had to do was feed the poor guy. 

Her White, lace dress followed her as she walked, with each cold step at a time. 
Then she started to skip, the dog following her.

She tried to make as much sound as possible.

The dream was faded, but the feeling was still in her mind.

A world full of noise, spoken words, and love. 


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

O.O You're a really good writer!!
I LOVE THE WHOLE STORY XDDD

.>
GOLD STAR ☆

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YAY! THANK YOU! ASDFGHJK!!!
Yay!~

8O A GOLD STAR!!!

Keep reading 8D
aww. i love it!
you should continue it!
and its funny because the main character in my book im going to publish in stores soon is named Grace!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

COOL! I WILL!
Blame the lag on school XD
WOW!
I only named her grace because of th.. read more
blegh

11 Years Ago

thats so cool! :)
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

IKR? 8D
EEEEPPP!! So cute ^^ i wub it

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Yay 8D Thanks!!!
Such great and beautiful writing for a character who cannot talk! I love, love, LOVE this chapter too!
I look forward to the upcoming chapters!! ^-^

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Lol. Thank you so much 8D
It was hard not to make her talk.
I had to erase dialogue so m.. read more
PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

You're welcome~
I always have that problem with making no characters talk too =.=;
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Lol. Ikr? XD It's annoying. BUT IT ADDS TO THE DRAMA!
I loved your word choice to describe your main character. It filled my head with such a vivid picture of how she looks, the imagery was incredible. She sounds so beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

She is quite 8D
Thank you! 8D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013
Tags: Chapter, Two, Sounless, Whispers, Anime, Romance, Love, Book, Story


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..