Chapter Three : Lottie Embridge

Chapter Three : Lottie Embridge

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Lottie Embridge, a flower among the blades of grass.

"



If he had died, this would be Heaven for Kotaru. 

There was not a cloud in the sky where he was, on the trail that led him to the mountains. An old man had told him that he wasn't far, and if he had kept going, Kotaru would soon get to the village. He was surrounded by tall trees and green shrubbery, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds and sounds of the ever free wind that blew past him when it would soon grow too hot. His worn out shoes stepped on dry dirt, meaning that there had been no rain here for a while, and the only sign of water he could find was on the leaves of the trees that he would sometimes look at. 

That served the woman on the TV right, whatever her name was. 

Kotaru had his hands behind his head as he stared upwards. He was always the "boy of the sky" with his head in the clouds. He loved seeing the shapes they would take and even though there were none of the white, fluffy puffs, he liked to see the clear sky once in a while because back in the city, his bright, red eyes could only spot the cloud of smoke that would come from one of those factories. Here, there was no factory, there was no city. People who lived here lived on the bare necessities that nature gave them.

 Simplicity, something that they favored. 

Kotaru envied them all for that. But he knew though that the education in the places here were not as advanced though, so sometimes he would feel proud being in the city and studying  there unlike some of the young boys here who learned only to farm and have kids.

But still, if he had the choice, he would remain uneducated for the sights and sounds of nature here. 

There were so many birds that flew past his face. Kotaru felt as if he was passing by a tropical jungle. Everything seemed to thrive and prosper here as if time stopped where it was there and everything stayed perfect, unchanging. He knew that because he passed by this route many times and the view never seemed to bore him no matter how many times he came by. Beauty everlasting, that was what this was. 

"It would be nice if Hashi knew about this place."

Kotaru mumbled to himself, looking straight again to see a light at the end of the green scenery, probably the exit to the Heaven that he was experiencing,

"He'd love it, that's for sure."

Hashi was his younger brother, a young boy with the same features as Kotaru: black hair and red eyes. That young one was only shorter, that was all and much, much younger, living for about 10 years with his parents. He was a sickly one too, so Hashi was never able to get out a lot. He was always confined to the walls and the chains that were his home and Kotaru felt bad for the little guy. Hashi was Kotaru's only brother after all. He could remember one day when he had tried to sneak Hashi out one night when he visited on his 14th year and received a strict speech on how that can't be when he was found out. But as if Kotaru would stop trying.

"There we go." 

Kotaru grunted as he stopped and put a hand on a tree, the last one before it would be mostly the dirt road that led to a village. It was a small one, that was for sure and he would stop here to get some food and rest with some water. It wasn't as if he would keep on trudging on without some refreshments. Kotaru would die, and that would be such a boring end for a story, now wouldn't it? 

- - - - - -

"KOOOOTTAARRUUUU!!!!"

A voice screamed as he made his way closer to the small place, making him turn to the side a little too late before a large mass was put on him, making Kotaru fall down to the side of the road, his head falling on the grass along with the rest of his body,

"You're back! You're back! I missed you!"

Ah, he forgot. It was Lottie. Maybe he should have made his way around her.

"Glad to know . . ."

He struggled to say under her, opening one eye to see her face so close to his. The sight of that used to fluster him before, but now he was just plain used to it, her being on top of him. He was also used to finding it difficult to breathe in these types of situations.

"I can't breathe---Lottie . . .!!"

Kotaru coughed before she realized that he couldn't get air and so, hoping not to squish him, she removed herself, although not completely. Her body was still over his, her hands supporting the mass as he sat up, trying to catch his breath. He could see the smile plastered on her face, a smile of triumph that brightened her already blinding, yellow eyes. 

Her name was Lottie Embridge, Kotaru's best friend from when they were very little. She was quite the woman, one that could eat and one that could lift something, a woman that was like a man. Not many little boys before liked her even though she was pretty, bearing wide, yellow eyes and bouncy, short, red hair that touched her neck whenever she would jump. Maybe it was because she wasn't simple like them. Either way, he was the one who had to talk to her

which formed a little bond that she treasures.

"Acting like a little boy as always Kotaru, you never change!"

Lottie laughed as she finally lifted herself off of him, clearly revealing a long, blue polka-dotted dress and a hat which lay on the ground, the one that she was picking up right now,

"I still win! I found you first!"

And she was as childish as ever, he saw. 

But she sure did grow more like a woman, with her eyes shining as the sun reflected off of them, as the rays of sunshine truly showed her clear, white skin. Lottie looked like a flower in this small place that she lived in, a small flower among the green grass always swaying like the breeze. Maybe more men would be having their eyes on her now, he presumed. But it would be hard having to get used to her jumpy personality. Most men in the village were calm and collected. There were hardly any fun ones around.

And as he thought this, Kotaru stared up at her as he lay there rubbing his head from the fall, noticing something different . . . .


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the pic you used love the ch!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I cant really get into this work. I'm sorry. It seems really good though

Posted 11 Years Ago


When I read this it is like hearing dialogue from anime that I used to watch with my kids. If that was what you were going for, it worked ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YES! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M GOING FOR.
YES!!! WHOOO 8D
i love it. nicely written and i love lottie already. lol!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

XD LOL. Lottie
Like i was dwelling in some fantasy island, hoping to never leave...
Going back to start[read] where it all started, nice mode of writing really interesting, i might just borrow that ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

8D YAY!!!
Lol. I'm glad that I have the honor of having anyone wanting to borrow 8D
i really really like this! fantastic job, quite well written...overall a very nice chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D
Btw on the first paragraph, you wrote her instead of here

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

NU. NU. NU.
NO ONE IS BAD.
EVERYONE IS GOOD AND IMPROVING D8!!!
Mavs

11 Years Ago

:D you think so?
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

MHM. I KNOW SO! 8D
:O Cliffy!

I really love how you describe everything!

Looking forward to the next chapter! ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thank you 8D
Lol. Cliffhangers. XD
PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

Welcome! ^-^
I know... *instantly thinks Pandora Hearts Cliffy's =.=*
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

LOL IK.
DAMN IT JACK. XD
Just happened to read this chapter, a few notes -
You might want to format this normally. It's a bit of a pain to read with the small font, everything centered, and the dialogue in different colors. As for the content, make sure you're aware of what message you want to send with the piece and with what the characters are working towards.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mavs

11 Years Ago

NOOOOOOO DONT LISTEN!!!!!!
I like your style- how everything is centered and dialogue in diffe.. read more
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Alright, the font is bigger nao 8D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013
Tags: Chapter, Three, Lottie, Embridge, Anime, Romance, Love, Book, Story


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Too Late Too Late

A Poem by CRZ