Chapter Six : Introductions? Fights to Come?

Chapter Six : Introductions? Fights to Come?

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Kanue is called by the maid, as well as Kanue to meet Lottie and Kotaru.

"

Knock, Knock.

The sound of  knocking startled Kanue and Yuzuru, both heads turning toward the door.

"Who is it?"

Yuzuru asked, standing up as Kanue looked back to the chess board to try and figure out where all the chess pieces went without supervision. As his brown eyes darted around the colored squares, the thought that maybe if he did so, Yuzuru would praise him and try another game. But if he was wrong in any part . . . the thought made Kanue tremble since he saw how annoyed his brother then looked when he was yelling at him. Scary things happen when Yuzuru gets angry, that is why it happens rarely. 

"S-Sir Sanae . . . " 

A shy voice started from behind the door, Yuzuru opening it to find a young maid, bearing long, silky, black hair and bright pink eyes glued to her shoes after seeing her master's face. Ah, Yuzuru remembered her, she was the new girl that he had let in when he found her stranded in the forest a few days before. Her name was Kanna, there was no last name found since she couldn't remember anything.

"What is the matter?"

Yuzuru asked, looking around at the hallway which was dark and empty just like the room. Everyone was out today, it seemed, explaining the emptiness. Maybe because he had sent all the servants on errands in the city. Hah, they would come back soon since the errands were not difficult so that he could send them on more. Yuzuru made sure that anyone who worked for him was busy, and this was a good sign. 

After making sure of that, Yuzuru then looked down at the girl who was fiddling with her fingers, wanting to say something, but was probably waiting for him to face her like he did now. He noticed that he was really towering over her, was he that tall?

"I'm listening, dear."

He then teased, startling her with the use of "dear" like she was close to him. Kanna's reaction was entertaining; she flinched and then looked up at him with a flushed face as if not wanting to be called that yet wanting to be called that at the same time. It made Yuzuru chuckle before apologizing.

"I'm sorry,"

He started with a smile on his face as he moved to the side to gesture her inside,

"I just wanted to make sure you were listening, why don't you come in? It's dark there, although, it is dark in here either way."

Yuzuru thought that inviting her in would make up for embarrassing her there, but she shook her head, rejecting his offer. He could hear Kanue chuckling from the inside.

"I-I was . . . just here . . . t-to . . . tell . . .you that. . . "

Kanna started, not looking at him after she let a long pause come in between,

"I'M SORRY!"

She bowed down over and over again, trying to apologize for rejecting him since she felt a strange aura after she shook her head and rejected his offer to go inside. Kanna did not realize that she was giving the wrong message. No, she gave this strange message that made Kanue laugh so hard that he started pounding on the table, the chess pieces clicking as they jumped.

"Is that all?"

Yuzuru sighed, rubbing his temples as Kanue laughed. 

He picked up a red pillow from one of the rich chairs and then threw it at Kanue's head, making the orange haired boy stop in his tracks since the force of the pillow made him arch over at the table and fall off the chair. Kanne flinched at the loud thump that Kanue  made and then was afraid to even try and speak again, but she knew that she had to answer her master.

"N-no . . !!"

She started again, after Yuzuru had tried to close the door,

"I-I . . . . T-there . . ."

Yuzuru waited for the answer with an indifferent face. 

"U-um . . .  V-visitors---"

"Where?"

Yuzuru answered her almost instantly, startling Kanna again. She was one to be easily startled. His voice sounded impatient for her to tell him already, and she assumed that it was also impatient for her to leave as well. 

She wanted to get out of his presence right then, since she felt that she was causing trouble for him with his brother. Since Kanne felt as though she was worthless and only good for embarrassing herself like she did.

"Aw. At the door right?"

Kanue then interrupted between them, suddenly appearing next to Yuzuru and leaning on his brother informally, 

"We got it, run along now Kanna~."

She looked up and her eyes widened in surprise, seeing how fast Kanue was. Well, he was always like this. One minute he was there and then he was here, it was a nature that she couldn't figure out, probably part of his fiery spirit that just can't stay in one place for too long. Kanna nodded in answer to his question and then looked down again, hoping to hide a scared face.  Kanue saw how much she was startled and then chuckled, hearing a hefty sigh coming out again from Yuzuru. 

"Oh . .  Okay . . . ."

She then replied, curtsying before scurrying away in the hallways and disappearing from their sights for now, leaving the two alone as Yuzuru moved away from being leaned on.

"Well, let's go!"

Kanue then said, walking out and breaking a long silence,

"We can't keep a visitor waiting, right?"

He took the quote that Yuzuru would always say whenever he wanted to get out of something, imagining that someone would be expecting him like they always were. Kanue gave a childish smile at his brother who smiled as well, shaking his head and then walking out too after closing the door behind him.

They wondered who the visitor was as they walked down the halls.

But they knew in their minds who they expected it to be.

Lottie.


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

I was kinda tired making this. XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel you. Some chapters take a long time and effort, and you just wanna get them done already! Well, this chapter was okay, the girl's reactions and misineterpretation of the boy's words were entertaining, and the chapter ended right where I wanted to know more. The two main brothers have a typical, but interesting relationship. Although, I must say there are some aspects and errors that ruin your effort and good descriptions. Like explaining something that is already clear in the character's conversation or actions. I'll give you examples:

Knock, Knock.

The sound of knocking startled Kanue and Yuzuru, both heads turning toward the door."

-We already know that the sound was actually from knocking a door.Because your chapter started with a 'knock, knock'. So you could simply say: the sound startled Kanue and Yuzuru."

Another example is: "Yuzuru answered her almost instantly, startling Kanna again. She was one to be easily startled."

-The last sentence was unnessessary. It's already obvious from her stuttering and blushing and other reactions that Kanna is easily startled.

There are other similar explanations for things that we can already observe in the story, but for now I will leave you with these above. All in all, I'm reading on. Please let me know when the next chapter is released. Keep writing.

-Rain.

Posted 10 Years Ago


DON'T STOP WRITING THIS D:
I LOVE THIS STORY!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kanue :3 LOVE HIS CHARACTER~

Posted 11 Years Ago


lottie! yay! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


blegh

11 Years Ago

yayy!
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Working on Destiny Apart Right Now XD
blegh

11 Years Ago

YAY!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 23, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013
Tags: Chapter, Six, Introductions, Fights, to, Come, ?, Romance, Love, Book, Story


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..