Chapter Four : Women and Men and . . . Lottie

Chapter Four : Women and Men and . . . Lottie

A Chapter by Catheryn
"

Ah Lottie, you do never change . . .

"

"What are you staring at?"

Lottie asked as if she was whining, putting her hands on her hips, noticing him stare at her like something was odd. She couldn't stand having his bright eyes be cast on her so intently. It flustered her, it made her blush, a red color coming upon the already rosy cheeks. . .  and when she's flustered, it always resulted in someone getting hurt.

But . . .  

 . . . . oh, she noticed how he had grown from his last visit which was a few years ago.

She knew though that he looked the same as before. He would always be her little boy, sitting up on the grass like that, being the weaker and less dominant of the two. Then again, the little things were different, like his appearance which seemed to have . . .  matured: the word coming to her head when she was able to get a good look at him.  Lottie noticed that Kotaru's hair was much shorter, there were no bangs like there were before that covered one of his eyes. He wasn't skinny, now he was more well-built, the jacket hugging around his arms very nicely. His facial features were also more . .  handsome . . . 

. . . . more like a man.

OH! The thought of Kotaru being a man made it hard for Lottie to keep her composure, now standing there as a silence passed between them, a breeze blowing by and only adding to the effect of her thoughts. She tried to keep herself from yelling at him, from asking him how he had gotten all these changes that made him who he was now, the changes that would soon make him different. Lottie was the type of person who hated change and the thought of her little, best friend turning into something more than her strangely scared her and made her feel . . weird . .  at the same time.

"SO?!" 

Lottie then shouted, her upper body leaning down toward Kotaru as she saw him flinch,

"Is there something wrong?! WHY ARE YOU STARING AT ME LIKE THAT?!"

Screaming like that was her way of dealing with things. She knew Kotaru was already used to it, used to her childish ways. This was only Lottie "acting" tough although at the same time, it also exposed her weakness like how it exposed a red rose among a field of daises. As she screamed this a few people that passed by looked at them, probably wondering what two kids would be doing like that. 

"Oh no, no, no, it's nothing."

Kotaru sighed as she shook his head, trying to avoid eye contact with her as he lifted himself from the ground, now brushing the grass off of his jacket and his pants after putting his bag down to take a break. He had a crooked smirk on his face as he did so, making Lottie even more anxious as well as angry at what was going on. She looked as if steam was blowing out of her ears. 

What also made her angry was how taller he was, and how his smile seemed to make the sun shine a whole lot brighter. 

"Tell----!!" 

She started, getting ready to pounce if he didn't speak, taking a step toward him.

"I just didn't know that the day would come when Lottie would wear make-up, that's all."

He cut her off, adding his little comment. Kotaru was referring to the lip-stick that she wore that was a light-pink, a lighter version of the color that showed when Lottie's cheeks turned a rose red afterward. He didn't know how angry she felt at how insensitive he was. She didn't know that sometimes men were that insensitive, and the thought bugged her at how he noticed right away. She had wanted to point it out to him when they got to the village. She wanted to be like those girls who acted so cute around the guys that they like, saying: "Look! I wore make-up! Do I look more like a woman?!" or stuff like that. But no, he just had to notice and with that answer too, it was as if he never expected that she would grow up as long as the sun shined down on them!

"Well!!"

She then scoffed, making her way behind him with narrowed brows, then leaning down to pick up his luggage that lay there, so vulnerable. 

"Let's play tag again!"

Lottie took the two bags in each hand and then started to run, taking in the surprised face that he put on as she said those words. She might have let a little anger slip through that persona, which was probably the reason why his eyes were open so wide with wonder. It was a face that he put on whenever she would break his expectations, a face she wanted to see more since it was as if he was praising her for being so unique.

It took a while, Lottie only hearing the sounds of her Mary-Janes clicking with each step before he spoke saying:

"HEY! GET BACK HERE!"

. . . just like old times. 

It was the same, it was unchanging, the feeling that she felt whenever she was running. The wind would always blow past her, giving her strength with each breath and her heart would race whenever their shadows would get too close, using the sun to her advantage as it beat down on them. Lottie could hear the steps he took along with the steps that she took as well, her pace much quicker than his even with the added weight of two bags. 

From far off, they looked like the same children that they were many years ago as they ran toward the small village that stood under the bright sun, being hidden among the lush greenery that kept them from the hustling and the bustling of the city. They ran along the dirt road, running farther and farther away from the pressures of that place, where time always keeps going. 

Here, time would stop for Kotaru and things there would last forever.


© 2013 Catheryn


Author's Note

Catheryn
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My thoughts?? So far so cute! Reading on. : )

Posted 11 Years Ago


aww i love how you put their child hood into their present :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

^^ Thanks.
It's well put together :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D!!
I used to like reading-now I hate it but this might make me like it again

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

8O !!!!!! ;w; . . .
OMG I think this is my favorite chapter :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YAY 8D
Thanks!
Your writings great. I can't wait to read the rest of it, and I'm glad you stopped cussing after the 1st chapter.It annoys me, but other than that I like your writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Matt Ritch

11 Years Ago

its good
Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D
Matt Ritch

11 Years Ago

your welcome
Anime all the way!! Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Yay! 8D Thanks!
i like the format you put this in. it is really great to not have to stare at the same size boring black words while reading.great job:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D!!
Megara

11 Years Ago

welcome:)
cool stuff :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

Thanks 8D
It's getting more captivating, makes one chuckle at times...Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Catheryn

11 Years Ago

YAY! Thanks 8D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013
Tags: Chapter, Four, Women, and, Men, Romance, Love, Book, Story


Author

Catheryn
Catheryn

Canoga Park , CA



About
Schedule : Can't Speak : Muted Love - After "Destiny Apart" To the Beautiful You - After "Can't Speak : Muted Love" White Goddess : Code Angel - After "To the Beautiful You" Destiny Apart - Afte.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..