Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by ChampangeCupcake
"

When Axel begins one of his rants, it really makes Roxas think, and yearn, yearn for the memories of his somebody. "Will you help me remember? Please?"... "Forget me never." ..."Roxas...you forgot."

"

Forget Me Not

Black boots thudded against pale glistening floors, causing a hollow echo to resonate in the hallway. The sound halted with a clack as the pair of feet came to a stop in front of a large door. A gloved hand reached for the doorknob and turned it slowly as to not make too much noise. With a squeak the door opened. A pale face flinched the moment the sound was let out. Cautiously the same face peered into the room on the other side. A smirk lit up the angular features as green eyes spotted a blond and black lump lounging on an armchair.

Thin eyebrows knotted together in thought; teleport in? No. Too much noise...the boy would sense it. Elaborate scheme using hot pockets and bendy straws? No. Too much trouble. Stealthy wanna be ninja tactics? Perfect.

With swiftness very different from wind, the darkly clad body slipped through the crack in the doors. Falling to the floor immediately, said body crawled along the marble until the armchair was in reach. Red haired bobbed up behind the chair, "ROXAS!"

A small flinch came from the person being addressed, "Axel," Roxas replied monotonously.

With a chuckle Axel plopped himself down on the sofa across Roxas, "I was hoping for a more animated response,"

Roxas sighed and flipped another page in his book, "If you were hoping to sneak up on me, you'll have to try harder. Demyx has more ninja sense than you do."

Axel gasped in mock-hurt, "I tried my best! No need to be so mean, " he then proceeded to wipe a way an invisible tear at the corner of his eye,"Besides, Demyx learned from Zexion." he added quickly underneath his breath.

Roxas smiled and turned another page, "Yeah, yeah. Like you can feel. So, what did you want?"

Axel blinked innocently in Roxas's direction, "I can't simply enjoy being in your company?"

"No," came to curt reply from the younger Nobody sitting across from him.

Axel let out a bark of laughter and shook his head, "Very funny. But seriously, I have no ulterior motives for being here."

With another rustle of a page turn, Roxas replied, "Uh huh. And I like dressing in a pink tutu and exchanging hard earned money for some annoying kid's rotten teeth."

Axel chuckled and stood up to tower over Roxas, "Oh my god, Roxas! You're the Tooth Fairy?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Roxas rolled his eyes and turned yet another page, "Well...I'm supposed to keep my identity a secret, but considering we're so close and all I decided to tell you,"

Axel kneeled at Roxas's level and imitated the Cheshire cat's grin, "Well, don't I feel all warm and fuzzy inside?"

Roxas's eyebrows furrowed in concentration. The longer Axel was present, the harder it was to read his book, "Which brings us once more to a.) why you're here and b.) the fact that you can't feel."

Axel swayed from side to side before standing up once more, picking up Roxas's book in his ascent. Roxas let out an indignant squawk as the paper-back was lifted from his hands. Before he had a chance to respond Axel began talking in a loud, booming voice, "Ah, young grass hopper-"

He was interrupted by Roxas, "Not that young. I've been here for half a year. And give me back my book!"

Axel shook his head, moving the book behind his back, " Young-grass hopper. We may not be able to feel, but we are able to remember," Finishing his sentence he looked down at Roxas; vivid green clashing with electric blue.

Roxas's eyes shone with boredom as his voice rang through out the small room, "Uh huh. Now that you have had your philosophical moment of the day, kindly hand me back my book," he crossed his hands and drummed his fingers on his biceps impatiently.

Axel took a step back and continued to talk in the same booming mentor voice, "You do not yet grasp the concept! I can see by that-"

"Annoyed," Roxas inserted.

"Puzzled expression on your face. You see, young one..." As Axel continued to talk, Roxas hung his head low and gave a long sigh. He had gotten to a very good part in his book...

"Emotions are a tricky thing. We do not have heart, or so our Superior says, but that does not stop us form 'feeling', or rather, remembering. We can get a loose grasp of emotions. Of course, not little trifle emotions, but bigger ones. Main ones like...anger. Take Saix for instance; Male PMS with a horrible temper,"

Roxas let out a chuckle and leaned further back in his chair, having gotten over the fact that Axel wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon and that while he was here, his book would not return to him, "You better not let him hear you say that; It's his 'time of the month'."

Axel continued to grin, "Remind me to get his some tampons."

Roxas laughed merrily (for a Nobody) and shook his head.

Pacing now, the lecture continued, "Anyway, anger. The reason we can 'feel' it is because it is such a powerful human emotion, as stated. It causes many foolish men to do very foolish things. But luckily that does not apply for us because we can not really feel it,"

Roxas nodded along, "Uh-huh. How insightful. And since when have you known so much about this topic?"

"Since I read one of Zexion's books," Axel replied, coming to a halt.

Roxas smirked, "Ah. I'm guessing the same book taught you your ninja-tactics?"

"Yup! Not a very good book, I admit,"

Roxas once again laughed which earned another smile from Axel, "Moving on. As I was saying, we can't really feel it, therefore the negative side effects do not apply to us at all. Like sorrow..."

Roxas continued to smile and nod, "Exactly how much time did you spend reading this book?"

"A lot. It was a slow day." Axel answered with a shrug.

"I can tell...And you've just been dying to find someone to tell all this information too..." was Roxas's drawled out reply.

"Continuing!" Axel shouted with a finger pointed at the ceiling, completely ignoring Roxas, "Now, we've-"

"You've."

"Shush. We've been talking about these 'strong' emotions. But really, what are they? What do they include? Why?"

"I don't know, Axel! Why don't you tell me!" Roxas replied in an overly cheerful schoolgirl voice.

"And I will! You see, going back to anger, the reason Saix feels it so strongly, is because he remembers it so strongly. You, for instance do not get angry as easily and the entire reason is because of your Somebodies. What they feel is what we feel, only not as strongly. We remember our Somebodies emotion and therefore feel them, " Axel finished crossing his arms. Several seconds passed before his words caught up to his brain.

Oh s**t.



© 2013 ChampangeCupcake


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

155 Views
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: gay, romance, kingdom hearts, roxas, axel, love, boyxboy, tragedy, humor, comedy, fanfiction, akuroku


Author

ChampangeCupcake
ChampangeCupcake

About
Hey guys ;D Thanks for checking me out ;p I love writing stories (I'm sure all of us here do right? or. . at least love reading 'em!), I tend to be pretty easy-going I love to make new friends .. more..

Writing