Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by ChampangeCupcake
"

When Axel begins one of his rants, it really makes Roxas think, and yearn, yearn for the memories of his somebody. "Will you help me remember? Please?"... "Forget me never." ..."Roxas...you forgot."

"

Oh S**t.

His eyes widened and he nervously glanced at Roxas. The boy had a frozen smile on his face. A smile that was supposed to develop into a grin but caught a disease and was now faltering and dying. And it was Axel's fault. Or really, Zexion's books fault.

But no matter, the taboo subject had been touched. Somebodies.

Unlike other Nobodies, Roxas could not recall events from his Somebody's life and due to this, could not remember what emotions the events were supposed to bring about. It was a very touchy subject for him and due to this, it was an unspoken agreement that neither Axel nor Roxas would mention it.

"Roxas?" Axel shakily attempted to get the blond to look at him.

Roxas turned his head toward Axel but locked his eye to the ground.

"Roxa-"

"Axel. It's fine," Roxas's voice cut thought he air like a knife, sharp, painful, and aimed at Axel.

The red-head winced and took several tentative steps toward the other, "Look, I'm sorry..."

Roxas shook his head and the diseased smile came back, weaker than before, "There's nothing to apologize for. Now, weren't we talking about Saix's tampons?" his voice was weak and the chuckle he offered was lackluster. No points.

Axel frowned. That was not the Roxas he knew and loved. Once more he found himself level with Roxas.

He placed his gloved hand on the Roxas's small shoulder, "Yes there is, Roxas. You know there is..."

Roxas simply shook his head again. He wanted it to pass. He wanted the moment to be over with so he could go back to pretending everything was okay.

Axel's hold on his shoulder simply tightened. It was seriously bugging Roxas and Axel wanted to fix it. Seeing Roxas sad, just sad, was 'heart' breaking for him.

"Listen...Roxas...I," Axel stopped, mulling over his next words, "I...I want to help." he finished, eyes focused on Roxas's lowered ones.

A tense silence filled the air as neither moved.

The quiet of the room built in volume until Roxas spoke.

(It wasn't like him to angst, but the fact that he couldn't remember had grown heavier in his heart as time went on. The knowledge had planted an evil seed in his brain, and was giving him headaches with it's very bad attempt at evil laughter. It was incredibly hard to ignore), "I really wish you could, Axel. But.." he faltered, taking a deep breath, "Sometimes...it's just hard. I look...and it seems I'm the only one that doesn't..." Roxas let the sentence float through the room, unfinished and unspoken.

Axel nodded and waited for the blond to continue, ears strained only to hear silence. After a while it became obvious that was all that was to be said.

Slowly, he made his way to the door.

As his hand rested on the door knob, Axel paused and opened his mouth, "I'm here..." he then turned the knob, the loud squeak resonating thought the room, louder than it should be. The door closed softly and Roxas finally moved his eyes, staring at the discarded book on the floor.

He leaned his head heavily against the back of his chair, "Axel...I want...I want memories...I want to remember..." he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, "I want to feel."



© 2013 ChampangeCupcake


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: gay, romance, kingdom hearts, roxas, axel, love, boyxboy, tragedy, humor, comedy, fanfiction, akuroku


Author

ChampangeCupcake
ChampangeCupcake

About
Hey guys ;D Thanks for checking me out ;p I love writing stories (I'm sure all of us here do right? or. . at least love reading 'em!), I tend to be pretty easy-going I love to make new friends .. more..

Writing