More than Human

More than Human

A Poem by Nameless
"

This poem is based on the story of the good Samaritan in New York who died on Sunday, April 25, 2010. Rest in peace Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax.

"

“Blood oozing from his body, this is the homeless man who more than 20 people ignored for nearly an hour as he lay on a New York street after saving a women from being mugged.”

“Some turn their heads to look, others stop to gawk. One even lifts his body, exposing what appears to be blood on the pavement underneath him, before walking away.”

“It wasn't until after he had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then he was dead.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

From the jungles of Africa

To the many cities in New York

Morality has been the highest virtue.

 

Our goal has failed.

 

Do you remember the times when men would laugh?

Do you remember the times when men would cry together?

Do you remember the times when hatred was a vice?

I sure do not.

 

Brotherly hatred,

Sexually-orientated,

Perverse liars,

Unsealed gossip,

Greedy b******s,

Willful ignorance,

Is what our standard is today.

 

Self-denial,

Self-traditions,

Self-goals,

Have only created a perverse people.

A people running with the thought of self.

 

Pride now is,

Humility is the dump.

Righteousness is mocked on the ground.

 

A Samaritan is found in the dust

Righteousness by the Word of God.

All possible by the prayer of faith.

 

You don’t have to listen what I just said,

But you’ll be the ignorant bystanderd passing the Samaritan.

 

© 2010 Nameless


Author's Note

Nameless
True faith stems from the Word of God. (Romans 3:16- "So than faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.") Please share this writing of mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this is an eye opening poem. makes you take a deep hard look at humanity as a whole.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The last tow lines it should be "listen [to] what" and bystander not [d]. That's all I can see for grammar. I too heard of this incident and I could not believe it. I was a third grader my first time in N.Y. and it was during the 2003 blackout. I still tried going to talk to all the homeless people even though my mother said not to. How could people just pass by someone who is clearly dying??? I love your writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... just wow! It's amazing that people would just walk by this poor man and do absolutely nothing. Yet again, he's "Just another homeless man." He could have been the nicest man alive, but no one bothered to help him live longer.
That's just SAD!
I am starting to loathe what our society is becoming, and this poem reflects my feelings :) Wonderful write! I must say, I agree with you. I also must say, I am subject to this change in society. We all are. Whether we realize it or not.
Fantastic write! I love it, especially since I'm so cynical :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


All I can say is this is deep! Good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The callousness of New Yorkers never ceases to amaze me. This hard shell is imposed from pressures and stresses of the City no doubt, but it passes all human context when it prevents humane action by the "average" New Yorker. Ironic of course that the dying man was the exception, which, perhaps, may have been part of the reason he was homeless in the first place.

Very well done poem exposes the crassness of jaded American society.

Nice write

Posted 13 Years Ago


i heaRD ABOUT IT, AND IT WAS INDEED SAD. ppl R JUST SO HEARTLESS AND THEY DON;'T EVEN CARE! iT'S TRULEY SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE WORLD WE LIVE IN AND THE PPL THAT INHABITS IT. aT LEAST THERE R SOME Good ppl out there...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Very impressive.

Posted 13 Years Ago


love it. Crazy but good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting, yet troubling read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Everytime I hear or read stuff like this I loose all hope in humanity. We are only harvesting the bad things in us and letting the good things rot...

Great poem by the way, made me think...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1422 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010
Tags: morality, righteousness, religion, Samaritan, self, sin

Author

Nameless
Nameless

About
I write and dream success. Perfecting till it can't be perfected any longer. more..

Writing
#1 #1

A Chapter by Nameless


#2 #2

A Chapter by Nameless



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Stripped Away Stripped Away

A Poem by Jenna


Snapshot Snapshot

A Poem by rachielle


Gut Pie Gut Pie

A Chapter by HorrorMaster