Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Ari and Sylph

Zephyr's Perspective

    "Zeph, if you don't wake up, we're both going to be late." Aeon warned me from the bathroom that connected our two bedrooms -- kind of like a hallway with a pit stop in the middle. Groaning, I tossed the covers off of me and blindly felt for the light switch.

    It was to no avail. Giving in, I snapped my fingers and immediately the room was illuminated as if I had my own private sun.
I moaned, squinting and whining, "Noooo... I don't want morninggggg..."
    
    "Come on, bedbug." Aeon said, as if speaking to a small child.

    Glaring at her, I obeyed and slinked into the bathroom. I glanced in the mirror, and combed my fingers through my white hair quickly --yes, you heard right. I just didn't understand my sister. She, too was an extreme night owl, and most of the time she's harder to wake up than I am.

    "How can you be so ecstatic?!?!?" I moaned. "Its school! Nobody should be as excited as you are. And the fact that it's you, the one that gets strait A's by mere luck is even more sickening."

    "In a word..." she said, pulling her long brown-auburn hair up in a high ponytail and making it spike out, reminding me of fireworks, "guys. And if I had to say two, paranormal guys."

    I heaved a sigh. She had a point. I skimmed through my mental lists of upsides of our situation. It wasn't, after all, an average school we were going to, and yes, the kind of guys that would be attending were also a major upside. You see, this isn't a school that divides themselves up by labels, like jocks, or preps or drama geeks or nerds. Everyone there was an equally beautiful person.

    Literally.
    
    Sometimes, there would be vampires, werewolves, warlocks, sorceresses, faeries, and the ones like us, who first developed the 'school'. Nobody really knows exactly what we are, but apparently we were worthy enough to be hosts of the elements. My element is electricity --which explains my whole 'private sun' thing.

    "Besides, Zeph, you know how upset Mom would be if her own daughters didn't show up on the first day."

    "And here we have witnessed another brilliant piece of advice by the wonderful Aeon Chrisanti. We will now turn the time to our sponsor, Coca-Cola."

    "Oh, don't be a sour-puss." she said.

    I guess it's probably about time that I explain to you that Aeon and my Mom are my adopted family. I love them to death, but it's hard to understand them sometimes. I also know that I'm lucky to even have them, and to have Aeon be the same age as me, but... yeah. I thought I should probably tell you that we go through this little picture every time school begins.

    "Zeph, am I going to have to dress you myself??"
    
    "No."

    "You can use that makeup of mine that brings out your eyes, even."
    
    "Ooh, goody." I sarcastically replied, pulling my hair up in a ponytail and arranging my sidebangs to cover one of my tawny eyes.

    "Alright. You know what? Shove it." she said, her patience running out. I looked at her expression and laughed. Her bronze eyes get all squinty and her lips purse up real small when she gets irritated.

    "Zeph, I swear I'll drag you out by your ears to the training grounds this minute if you don't get ready."

    "Alright. Chillax." I said, raising my hands in surrender. "I'm getting ready."



© 2010 Ari and Sylph


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh the familiarity of not being a morning person.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
1 Review
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010


Author

Ari and Sylph
Ari and Sylph

not gonna tell ya!! ^_^



About
Ari: First of all, my name is pronounced Ah-ree. I'm a poet, an artist(mainly manga) a composer and my favorite type of writing is fantasy. Being a famous writer has been my dream ever since I could.. more..

Writing
Ryde Ryde

A Book by Ari and Sylph