A Midnight Trail

A Midnight Trail

A Poem by Cherrie Palmer
"

a horse ride

"

The silvery path of the moon streaked the endless sky of night and from my painted perch of fifteen hands.  I let Bella sip from the cool waters trickling at her feet.  I noted the soft rustling sounds made by springs lavish dress and wondered what native creature scurried from by presences.  Just then the light of the moon spotlighted the small rabbit. I barely had time to smile and my visitor scurried away.  Bella and I walked lightly through the night, even though the Moon rested on my shoulder.  Time had been lost on the trail; despite a faint alarm rumbling deep within. I laughed out-loud when I heard my horse’s stomach rumble as well.

“It won’t be long, your oats are waiting.” I softly spoke as I patted her neck. I could spy the campfire, and even better I could smell the brewing coffee. The day had led us to the ridge-top and beyond and now my nights dreams will compel me to search abet further tomorrow.

© 2014 Cherrie Palmer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is just something about horses and riding that can capture the feeling of freedom, intimacy, love and respect for nature. This is full of great description and peaceful tranquility. Wonderful read!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

2 Years Ago

I agree 🐎 add a little something special to the journey and really miss having them around.
I remember reading something similar from you recently & this one joins that one as a favorite of your realistic country prose writing! This makes me want to do something similar with the many country scenes I come across every day, living beside a huge wilderness. I admire the simplicity of your descriptions, even tho vivid & conveying warmth toward critters (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Well grab the keyboard and let the country living blossom.
Beautiful. Makes me want to walk around my neighborhood in Seoul

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cherrie Palmer

5 Years Ago

Well after your walk grab your pen and paint us a picture
The most beautiful feeling to ride in the moon light

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a elegant piece of art and while reading your work, I really want to hit the park for run:) Miss the fresh air and feel of viewing trees. Nothing is more beautiful in this world, while being in nature. Great write my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You words whisked me away to an enchanting place called nature… a lovely piece of written artwork.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2014
Last Updated on June 6, 2014
Tags: horses_night_moon_nature

Author

Cherrie Palmer
Cherrie Palmer

Springfield , MO



About
I am a published poet and love poetry. After a lifetime of country living, I'm making a move back to town. I find my surroundings a great inspiration to me. I also have two books on Amazon Kindle: .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..