Chapter VI

Chapter VI

A Chapter by Chryiss

Elisa’s POV

“Hey, sorry about that.” I apologize to Sebastian.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just surprised you’re partners with Mikael,” replies Sebastian cheerfully.

After the little bout with Mikael, Sebastian and I walked the rest of the way to the Council Room. When we enter I see a blue-haired guy digging, I mean literally digging through a stack of papers.

I feel Sebastian tense up beside me before rushing over to him yelling.

“Andy you blockhead! What the heck do you think you’re doing to the test papers I so meticulously organized for over two hours yesterday!!!”

He was shaking the guy with his shoulders while Andy rolled away in defeat.

“Hey there, that hurts Seb,” he whines, propping himself up on his knees.

That’s when Sebastian and I, both notice another guy tapping away at a keyboard.

“Nico? And may I ask why you’re here as well?” Sebastian asks with an air of impatience.

The guy answered slowly while trying to exterminate some nasty looking demon-like creatures, “I was...just following...Andy...when I got..bored and...”

“Okay, okay. That’s enough; I get the picture. But you!” Sebastian aims an accusing finger at Andy who’s innocently sitting on the floor folding a piece of paper.

“Hey! You gave me enough of a mess to clean up!” he says snatching away Andy’s piece of paper and giving it a hard stare. When he realizes what it is, Sebastian slumped defeatedly at him.

“You,” he starts in a menacing tone, “dare to fold a paper airplane with a test paper?!!” He starts whacking him with a dangerous looking manilla folder.

“Ah! That hurts! I give! I give!” Andy says half-laughing, half-pleading.

Sebastian heaves a long sigh and glances over at Nico.

“Good you’re done. Now help me with this mess,” he orders.

“Huh? How come I have to? Andy made the mess!” Nico complains.

“Because you should’ve stopped him, that’s why!”

I couldn’t help let loose a giggle. They all turned towards me.

“Oh!” I squeak and turn around embarrassed.

Sebastian places his hand on his forehead, apologetic, “Sorry about this Elisa. I was planning to get a head start before everyone else arrives for the meeting, but it seems like we’ll have to clean this up first.”

I smile and say, “No worries! I’ll help.”

He smiles, “Thanks, Elisa.”

With the four of us working together, in time at all we fixed the disarray before the Council members started filing in.

They were a nice bunch of kids and were very friendly towards me. I felt at ease in an instant. There was an especially kind girl called Aria. We are so much alike! From our looks down to our personalities. Everyone admitted so. She has sky blue eyes, although, mine are lighter, and brown hair like me. She’s also somewhat quiet and super sweet! I have a feeling this is a start of a great friendship.

---

Aria and I decided to walk home together. Her house wasn’t too far from mine, just two streets past. 

“Even though I just met you, I feel like we’re good friends already!” says Aria happily.

“Yeah; I feel the same!” I respond.

She then gives me a sidelong glance and says in a hushed tone, “Sebastian sure is nice, huh?” I nod my head.

She continues, “Actually, I haven’t told this to anyone, but I really like him. I feel we’re pretty similar, but I’m worried about his sister, Brittany. Supposedly, she scares away all the girls around him.” Here, she looks at me again.

“Well, I’m not much of an expert on these things, but I’ll support you!” I say comfortingly, half-lying. I kind of liked Sebastian as well, so I was unsure of what to say. Aria looked so confidingly at me, I couldn’t very well say to back away. I just hoped I wouldn’t regret my words.

“Thanks so much, Elisa,” she brightened, “That’s really kind of you.”

She was like my first friend I had ever made; I didn’t want to lose her now.

We soon arrived at my house and I invited Aria in.

“Esteire!!! Come here! I have someone I want you to meet!” I scream up the stairs.

Silence.

Sighing, I motioned Aria to follow me up.

When we got to her room, I located Esteire leaning out the balcony. As usual. However, something wasn’t quite right with her posture; it seemed almost strained, like she was trying with difficulty to find a comfortable position.

“Esteire?” I call out tentatively.

She turns around and I’m taken aback by the depth of sorrow in her downcast eyes. She hasn’t looked like that since we left our old home, since she lost... I blink my eyes; there was no point in thinking about the past now.

“Hello! You must be the person Elisa was yelling about; I’m Esteire,” my sister greets Aria, the lightness back into her eyes. Was I just imagining things?

Aria returns her welcome, “Yes, that’s me; I’m Aria. It’s a pleasure to meet you!”

Esteire smiles and backs away, looking at the both of us together. She nods her head and gives a knowing look.

“Hey...” I start, knowing what she’s thinking of. I didn’t friend Aria because we look alike! 

She winks at me playfully. Aria gives me a perplexed look. I just shake my head.

---

“Ahhh! The weekend!” I exclaim elatedly and toss my head up with my arms out.

Aria giggles at me. She, I and Esteire are walking home together. It’s Friday, the 21st of September, three weeks into school.

Ever since that Wednesday during the first week of school, Esteire has been somewhat down lately. No one seems to notice much, except for Lucien and Mikael. Sebastian has been busy with the Student Council and of lately doesn’t have much free time; I haven’t been able to talk much with him.

Sometimes, I would see Esteire talking quietly with Mikael, but oftentimes she would just excuse herself after a while, or they would be interrupted by someone, usually Lucien reminding him of his responsibilities in the music club. I guess Mikael has been neglecting his obligations in the group.

“ ‘Sup Elisa!” shouts a voice behind me, snapping me back from my musings.

It’s Andy. 

I smile. Good, I could use some brightness right now.

“Hi, Andy,” I reply as soon as he caught up. “Something wrong?”

“Nope! I just wanted to tell you the music club’s going to have a concert in a couple weeks, and I was wondering if you’ll like to check it out! We always have several concerts over the school year, though; the most important one is for the talent show. We’re having some students come and critique us, but if you ask me, we sound great!” Here, he winks at me. I can feel the color rise in my checks a little.

He regards the others and continues, “You’re all invited of course! It’s just a little get together of sorts. It starts at 4:30, so it won’t run very late.”

I saw Aria look a little crestfallen at the last part.

“Oh, I’m sorry; I can’t come today. I would like to, but my piano lesson starts at 4:30 as well. Perhaps another time.”

Andy reassured her, “Don’t worry! We’re having another after this one in a few months; you can come then if you’re free.”

“I can come though,” I tell him, “And you, Esteire?”

“Sure, I’ll like to come,” she responds.

“Great! So I’ll see you two at 4:30 then!” And off he ran.



© 2018 Chryiss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on November 21, 2018
Last Updated on November 21, 2018


Author

Chryiss
Chryiss

CT



About
An artist. A dreamer. A writer. A storyteller. I am Chryiss. These stories are the culminations of my imagination. Will you share in my daydreams? My latest fantasy novel, My World To Live, is ava.. more..

Writing