Chapter XI

Chapter XI

A Chapter by Chryiss
"

Be aware of changing POV's.

"

Eren’s POV

Love is a burden that brings lasting pain.

My words echoed my head as I gazed at the ceiling.

Pain...pain...

I twist away from the wall I was leaning against and apply pressure to my forehead with the tips of my fingers.

Pain...

It wouldn’t go away. I closed my eyes.

Why had I said that to her, especially when I hadn’t even known her. Then, to be told she had been carrying that same torment I felt when-

No, it must be different from what I experienced. 

I sighed and opened my eyes.

I need to get a grip on myself.

“Yo Eren!”

I swivel my head at the noise. It was Andy. He trots over to me.

“We’re having a rehearsal today,” he informs me.

“Huh? Today? We just had one two days ago; how come?” I question.

“The Talent Show is in a couple weeks, so we’re starting to buckle down,” he replies.

“Oh, okay,” I mumble in reply as he motions me to follow him to the music room.

School’s over for the day.

Everyone’s already there, Kael, Luce, the sisters and Violet. The other girls from before got booted; I’m not sure if they cared or not. Nico wasn’t there since he only did the technical work.

“We’re just working on some minor things today, so no group practicing today,” Andy adds before heading over to his drums.

I look over at my electronic piano. I didn’t quite feel it today.

Esteire notices me staring absently at it and walks over.

“Not feeling it today?” she says, hitting it right on the money.

I nod blankly. She gives me a sympathetic smile before gingerly taking my hand and leading me away. That certainly got my attention.

I kind of stumble as I follow her to the piano. She sits down, pats the seat next to her and then starts playing some keys.

She starts a little melody and then sings softly and sweetly, singing and playing a song I never heard of.

“You play piano?” I ask incredulous as her fingers moved smoothly over the black and white.

Stopping, she gives me a sheepish grin and replies, “No.”

“But you seem like you do,” I respond curiously.

She shrugs then says with a smile, “Play along with me.”

Grinning, I start up a tune, and before I know it, we’re in our own little world.

That’s when I see Mikael glaring at me in the corner of his eye and Lucien was giving me a funny look. That was strange.

She had stopped playing as I started to practice a little for the concert.

After a few minutes of watching me play, she spoke up, “Do you love anyone?”

I knew what she meant by it, yet answered, “I love my mother and my father,” then surprisingly added, “And once a girl named Lesyla.”

“Lesyla...?” echoed Esteire.

Why was I telling her this?

“A childhood friend of mine,” I curtly respond.

“Ah,” she breathed.

“Sorry. It’s just I’ve known her since we were kids, but then high school came, and... I don’t know what happened, but we didn’t click anymore. We had started dating, but last year, we broke up. I had felt her drifting away from me anyway, but it still hurt. She moved that same year too...” I continued to say.

“I see,” she replied, “So that’s why that was your answer.”

I knew exactly what she was referring to and looked over at her wonderingly. Leaning over, I peered at her and thought out loud, “I wonder what you would’ve done in her place.”

She gazed at me thoughtfully in response, then cocked her head to a side and asks more to herself than to me, “What, happened?”

I didn’t really know, so I shrugged and started playing again.

She looked at me somewhat mournfully before saying, “Don’t be afraid to love again.”

I hit some wrong keys and they blared throughout the room causing everyone to look at me. Red-faced, I kept my head down and continued to play quietly.

She didn’t speak again.

I contemplate her last words. I wasn’t afraid of what she might think, of being fearful of loving again and the possibility of getting hurt; I was afraid that I didn’t know how to love anymore...


Elisa’s POV

The rehearsal was pretty quick, so I was able to go to the Student Council Meeting afterwords. Because of my involvement in the music club with the upcoming show, I was excused. Even so, I enjoyed my time in the Council, so I went as often as I could.

Just as I was about to leave the music room, Andy called out my name.

I turn around as he came up beside me.

“Can I walk with you?” he asks.

I feel a little playful and respond, “I don’t know, can you?”

He blushes and corrects himself as well as adding a little English flair, “May I accompany you this evening?”

I choke almost trying to stifle my laugh as I comment, “You sound just like Lucien.”

He smiles wryly then bows to kiss the top of my hand gently.

My face immediately flushes as he then looks coquettishly up at me while still holding my hand and says, “My lady.”

I could feel myself getting redder and thusly pulled my hand away and looked away.

He stood up and smiled smugly at me before drawing nearer to me.

Startled, I lurch backwards, close to falling when his hand shot out and held me by the back.

My eyes widened. His face was very close.

I could see his electric cobalt eyes, dancing and vibrant. They were incredible.

I must’ve been somewhat gaping at him as he laughed softly and touched my face, running his thumb over the side of my bottom lip.

He stares fixedly at my slightly parted lips and inches closer.

All of a sudden realizing what he was about to do, I jerk away in surprise.

He slowly straightens, his fervent eyes remaining on mine the whole time. A smile tugs at the corner of his mouth as he whispers loud enough for me to hear, “It seems to be quite effective.”

“You...” I voice in a low tone.

He doubles up with laughter. I merely gawk at him.

He sees my expression and laughs even harder. After a while he stops, but by that time, I’m glaring at him. He squeezes in one more chortle at it. I just then walk away, still pink in the cheeks.

“H-Hey!” he cries out.

I walk determinedly ahead as he struggles to catch up. I soon reach the Council Room.

Pivoting around, I face him and thank him for coming with me.

“W-Wait there!” he pleads. 

Sebastian and the others look at us.

“Haha, you’re so cute!” Andy giggles, unexpectedly close to me. I jump back in shock.

I can see everyone grin knowingly at me. I blush and propel him away, locking the door.

He still gives me a playful smile when Aria comes over.

“Now don’t you start,” I warn, seeing the look on her face. 

She just giggles and then motions me to come over to the table.

“We’re preparing for the Talent Show,” she says once I’m there.

“Hello, Elisa,” Sebastian greets but then adds teasingly, “I see a certain someone has their eye on you.”

“Don’t you start either,” I say, wagging my finger.

He chuckles a little and does a surrendering gesture with his hands. Sighing, I just smile at him.

When it was time to leave, Aria walked with me home.

“You know the dance’s coming up,” she begins, eyeing me nervously from the corners.

“Yes, and....?” I prompt.

She blushes and says, “I was hoping Sebastian would ask me to it.”

“I’m sure he will. You’re so pretty and kind, Aria,” I encourage.

Wow, look at me. Motivating someone else for a change!

She smiles shyly and says, “Thank you so much, Elisa. You don’t know how much that means to me.”

I grin back and we walk the rest of the way home talking about what we might wear to the dance.


Mikael’s POV

Elisa had to attend some council meetings after rehearsal, so I walked with Esteire home.

“What were you talking to Eren about?” I prod.

She responds carefully, “Lesyla.”

“Oh,” I exhale, now understanding the possible cause of Eren’s sudden outburst. Somehow, I felt relieved. I guess I was somewhat edgy about their uncertain relationship. I had to admit it, Eren was a good-looking, cool guy, and I didn’t want to lose her to anyone. However, I also didn’t want any of my friendships to turn out like Sebastian’s. We used to be close, but when we fell for the same girl some years back, we became enemies.

Since then, I’ve gone in and out of relationships with numerous girls, none of them lasting long and each empty of any real passion.

I look over at Esteire; she’s facing straightforward, sure of where’s she heading. 

My heart sighs as I get the feeling there is a complicated road ahead of us.

I suddenly hug her from behind, upsetting her unruffled demeanor.

She rotates her head to give me an amused look before saying, “Yes?”

“Go out with me after the concert,” I say, looking imploringly up at her. 

“Why’re you asking that now? It isn’t for a few weeks,” she replies with a smile.

“So no one else can,” I explain.

“I doubt anyone else would,” she says, turning her head back to the front.

“I was half-joking,” I include.

“So you were half-serious?”

I chuckle quietly at her answer then gaze at her sadly from behind. 

You aren’t even aware.



© 2018 Chryiss


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on November 21, 2018
Last Updated on November 21, 2018


Author

Chryiss
Chryiss

CT



About
An artist. A dreamer. A writer. A storyteller. I am Chryiss. These stories are the culminations of my imagination. Will you share in my daydreams? My latest fantasy novel, My World To Live, is ava.. more..

Writing