Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Chu-Chi Bear

Diagnosed with Love:

Chapter 18


After school, Sangoya was waiting by my locker. “Hey, Sunshine- what’s wrong?”



I looked up at her as I stuffed paper into my bag. “Hey Snowflake, I’m just… exhausted, and confused, and… grrr… frustrated. I’m a lot right now?”


“Wanna grab lunch with me and Chris?”



I…” I never really liked tagging along with Sang and Chris. It was always a “three’s a crowd.” They’re a couple and I’m just… a tagalong.


You won’t be a tagalong- we invited you because we want your company. Invite Cas if you have to feel comfortable.”



Cas is grounded.” That’s when Dominic wandered over to us- not exactly to us, but his locker was near mine. I’ve never noticed that either. Maybe I’m not as aware as I think?


For the fight?” asked Sangoya.


Oh yeah- also because he can and he did.”



Sounds like Cas’s dad to me.”



He is so strict…”



You’re just now figuring this out?”



Just remembering- freshman year was so long ago…”



Two years, to be exact,” she said. Dominic swung his bag over his shoulder then and made his way past us. I held up a finger to Sang and quickly followed Dominic.


Heeey…”



He laughed. “You want to ask me something?” He stopped, and I stopped with him.


Yeah… you wanna get lunch with a group of friends? My baby sister’ll be there too.”



Oh, you mean the mountain of Dora?”



I couldn’t help but laugh. “The smaller one that created the mountain of Dora.”



He laughed too. “Lunch sounds good.”



Come on.” I led him back over to Sangoya. “Sangoya, this is my new partner, Dominic.”



Hi.” She gave him a smile. “I like the dirty blonde on you, it‘s nice. Is that your original hair color?” she said in return.


Not too many boys dye their hair without being some form of gay- that’s what I think. Yes, it’s my original hair color, and hey,” he said in return.


We laughed. “He’s going to lunch with us. He totally saved my butt back in that meeting.”



Your butt didn’t need saving- you hit all the points just fine without me. Kody just doesn’t know when to keep his mouth shut.”



Kody Saunders?” asked Sangoya. “The big d********g? God, he is so annoying.”



Yup, that’s the one,” confirmed Dominic.


Chris says he’s not that bad…” I rolled my eyes- here comes ‘what Chris says.’ She does that all the time.


Well, to a boy, he isn’t that bad. To you females you probably think he’s a… player? A*s? Jerk? Somewhere along those lines…”



And what are you?”



He shrugged. “You’ll have to decide that yourself.”



Did you drive?” I asked Dominic. Sang always drove to school, even if she does live close like me. We’re both within walking distance of the school. If I was ever late- which was rare- Mom drove me.


Dominic shook his head. “I walk to and from school every day. It’s not that far.”



Good, then you can ride with me. We have to make one more stop, Sang, then we’ll meet you…?” I waited.


At the usual- the café’s fine. That’s where Chris chose.”



Sounds good,” said Dominic and I at the same time.


See ya in a bit,” she said as she head off to her car.


Ready?” I asked, closing my locker.


Ready.”



We both walked off to my car and got inside. We talked to and from Patience’s daycare center about a bunch of different things. I pulled up to the parking lot of our destination as me and Dominic both got out, laughing. Dominic got Patience out and walked over to me, placing her on the ground. Patience and Dominic quickly bonded as if I wasn’t there, like back in the toy store. It was cute though. Patience grabbed hold of Dominic’s hand as we headed into the restaurant. She was such a flirt.


We made our way over to Sang and Chris. “Hey, Dom,” said Chris.


Hey- wassup, Chris?” Dominic sat down and helped Patience up into the booth next to him. I scooted in next to Patience as we sat across from Chris and Sangoya.


Good, you two know each other.”



Yeah, we have a few classes together,” said Dominic.


I was worried about you feeling awkward…”



No worries- I like meeting new people.” I smiled at him.


I made it onto the paper…” I said.


Sweet, congrats. I knew you could do it,” said Chris.


Dominic here is my partner for my story- it made the front page.”



Even more sweet. I told you that you were good, but noo, nobody listens to Chris.”



She is good. I read her story today- even stole a few copies.” He winked at me and took one of the stolen copies out his bag and handed it to Chris, causing me to blush.


As Chris read over it, he handed it back to Dominic. “Are you for real?” he asked.


I wish I wasn’t.”



Meet me after school- I’ll get my dad to handle it.” My face lit up. Chris’s dad was a well recognized lawyer. That daycare wasn’t gonna get away with stealing from those poor kids’ families- I’d make sure of it.



© 2010 Chu-Chi Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on April 14, 2010
Last Updated on April 14, 2010


Author

Chu-Chi Bear
Chu-Chi Bear

columbus, OH



About
I love to write. My dream forever and always-- to become a novelist. There's not a day that i don't write. I'm always coming up with something new and making it into a story. It's always good to have .. more..

Writing
Chapter Ten Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Chu-Chi Bear