Chapter Ninteen

Chapter Ninteen

A Chapter by Chu-Chi Bear

Diagnosed with Love:
Chapter 19


Later that afternoon, after I had dropped Dominic off at his house and headed home with Patience, I climbed into the shower to relax. Patience had fallen asleep on the car ride home. I got dressed and headed downstairs to where Mom was working on a layout for a party. “Cute,” I said, leaning over her shoulder.


“Jeremiah stopped by for you,” she said casually, not taking her eyes off the design.


“You say it as if he’s a friend stopping by!” I shouted.


“No, but I told him to stop bothering you and me or I’d take it to court. He both knows who’d win that case. Anyways, the threat worked- he hasn’t been around since.”


“Way to go, Mom. He’s been bothering you?”


“More or less.”


“Mom…”


“He threatened Terrence, or at least tried to. That’s not okay with me.”


“Before or after you had sex?” She hit me, causing me to laugh. “I got the dirty details from Cas, who didn’t sound too pleased.”


“I told him Cas would hear us.”


“You bet he did.” I kept laughing. “Besides, Jeremiah threatened big buff Terrence?” Shouldn’t Terrence be the one threatening him? Mom, Terrence’s huge. He’s like a body builder. Okay, not that bad, but still. He’s so buff.”


“Hush, Star,” she said, going back to her layout.


“How was the sex?”


“I’m not discussing my sex life with you!” It was her turn to shout.


“First time?” I asked. I loved messing with Mom.


“Definitely not,” she said. Me and mom had a special relationship. She was like my best friend, when she wasn’t trying to ground me.


“So gross.”


“You asked.”


“Anyways, is it possible that you and Terrence are thinking of marriage? Don’t you think it’s a little soon? You just met- like… four months ago?”


“Just because you are just meeting Terr doesn’t mean we’ve just met. I’ve known him for a few years now. I worked for him the second year I met him, and he introduced me to this catering business and got me a manager’s job because he fired me. I still cater his business parties, but no, marriage hasn’t crossed my mind.”


“Umm… that’s nice. He fired you and now you’re dating him?”


“Well… that’s just it. He fired me because he said he wanted to ask me out instead.”


“Ooooh, nice move.” I laughed.


“And I’ve been with the catering company ever since.”


“You’ve never told me that story,” I stated. “You tell me everything.”


“I wanted to make sure it was real- I didn’t want him involved with you if I didn’t know if he was worth keeping. He’s a real big sweetheart if you get to know him, Star.” I grunted. “Not all men are like your father.”


“Sperm donor, you mean?”


She sighed in defeat. “Why did you become so suddenly interested anyways? Are you starting to like boys now?”


“No,” I quickly answered. Maybe Terrence just didn’t realize what he said, I thought to myself.


“What about modeling?” she asked me.


“It’s not a good time, maybe next year…”


“Why are you and Cas so close all of a sudden?”


“…We figured we’d relax our standards for you and Terrence’s sake.” That kinda sounded like that truth.


“You weren’t friends?”


“Um…” I laughed. “Definitely not,” I said.


“I told Terrence. He thinks there’s something more than friendship between you two.”


I froze. Why would he think something like that? What did Cas do? “…Huh? Me and Cas?” I laughed, trying to hide it.


“Anyways, Terr’s coming over for dinner. He’s bringing Cas. Neither of them know how to cook. They’re tired of fast food, ordering in, and TV dinners, so I told him to bring Cas and I’d make them a home cooked meal, dessert and everything.”


I laughed. “Sounds fun- I’ll tell Patience to behave.”


“She’s fine- it’s you I’m worried about.”


“Hey!” I shouted as she got up and went to start dinner. Later, when dinner was finishing up, the doorbell rang. I unlocked the door to see an angry Cas and an irritated Terrence. The conversation must’ve been intense. “…Hey, you guys.” I moved to let them inside.


“Hi Star,” said Terrence, both of them walking in.


“Hi Daddy!” jumped Patience cheerfully. The only male that’s been around her is Terrence, so I wasn’t surprised that she was calling him daddy.


“Hey little one, where’s mommy at?” asked Terrence. If you say Pheobe, she wouldn’t know who you were talking about. She only refers to Mom as ‘mommy’.


“Mommy, she in da kitchen!” She ran towards the kitchen with Terrence following her, walking. That’s when Cas grabbed me and pulled me away from the three into our back room. He sat down on the couch and pulled me down beside him.


“Where you been?” He kissed me.


“After school I have to stay for the newspaper, remember?”


“Congrats, even though it’s late.” He kissed me again and wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me close. “How long before dinner?”


“I’d say we have a few minutes before they call us.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. Then we kept kissing for a few minutes before Patience came running into the room.


“Dinner, it ready!” she shouted as she pushed us apart and kissed each of us on the lips. “Me wove you toos.” We taught her that kisses mean love. I guess she has been watching too many make-out scenes. I tried to remember to cover her eyes when I was watching them, but me having them, I wasn’t able to cover her eyes- or even realize she was there, so that was a failed attempt.


Cas and I both blinked. “Your sister is so weird.”


“Me not weedo, you weedo!” Cas and me laughed as I picked her up, and we both headed to the kitchen and sat her down on the ground. Mom was setting plates on the table. “Mommy me det kissys!”


“Sounds great, sweetie,” laughed Mom.


“More like stole kissys… err, I mean kisses.” said Cas.


“What’d she do, jumped up in your lap and kiss you?” asked Mom. “It wouldn’t be the first time.” She laughed again and lifted Patience into her seat.


“She is one strange little child,” said Terrence. “Give us practice for when we go to have kids of our own.” Terrence pulled Mom close and kissed her, her returning the kiss.


“Aw, come on now! I’d rather you didn’t make me puke before I even start on my dinner. Wasn’t the, ‘let’s pretend Cas isn’t home’ enough?” Cas said. Terrence kissed Mom again, just to piss Cas off, I’m sure. It was so working. “Dad!”


“Don’t tell me you guys are considering more kids?! Aren’t we enough?!” I was starting to panic. They were getting too serious for my own comfort. For all I know, Mom could be pregnant, right now- that little tadpole waiting to turn into a newborn baby. The thought sickened me and worried me at the same time. I was literally going to drive myself crazy now.


“Fine, we won’t tell you,” was all Mom said on the matter. She and Terrence broke apart and joined the three of us at the table. Dinner was great after that- as I mentioned before, Mom was an excellent cook. No wonder Terrence and Cas wanted to take her offer to come over for dinner.


© 2010 Chu-Chi Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on December 17, 2010


Author

Chu-Chi Bear
Chu-Chi Bear

columbus, OH



About
I love to write. My dream forever and always-- to become a novelist. There's not a day that i don't write. I'm always coming up with something new and making it into a story. It's always good to have .. more..

Writing
Chapter Ten Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Chu-Chi Bear