Trouble In The Garden

Trouble In The Garden

A Chapter by Charles R. Ciminokii
"

What is rock? Well that is one difficult question to answer if you go and look at the rock today and the rock from the past. That is why I have decided to take a look into where this genre originated and see how it has developed into what it is today.

"

Trouble In The Garden

The music industry noticed the rise of rock’s popularity as well and looked for a way to “cash in” on this new style. That is where the falsely proclaimed “King of Rock” came in. Elvis Presley was the one who received all the credit for this style and the one who benefited the most out of it as well. He was marketed as the juvenile delinquent that he wasn’t. He really became the ultimate white robber of black hits in segregated America. Basically every song that had stepped one rung higher into popularity and remembrance in history was stolen. Songs like Good Rockin’ Tonight, Blue Suede Shoes, Heartbreak Hotel, Hound Dog, and Jailhouse Rock were wrongly stolen from black musicians and labeled as Presley’s.
Although Presley’s treachery was a horrible thing, it did help in allowing hundreds of kids to play the music that Chuck Berry made. This allowed the sub-genre of Rockabilly to be born. In this style, the singer sang in a stuttering and hiccupping style, with slapping bass lines and frenzied guitars. Rockabilly started to incorporate more country influences to rock which started to dull it down, making it gentler, which was drowning out the reason of rock ‘n’ roll’s existence.



© 2009 Charles R. Ciminokii


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 8, 2009


Author

Charles R. Ciminokii
Charles R. Ciminokii

I sleep on park benches in, KY



About
Who am I? Well thats a story within its self to be honest with you. Who I am isn't truly as important as to what I want to do, correct? I am an aspiring renaissance man in which I am not just a writer.. more..

Writing