Aurora

Aurora

A Poem by Cole Hayley

Aurora 


They've left the escape route in sliver shards on the cutting room floor,

Those credit quotations don't carry the ambulances number. 


I'm just a little curious as to how we can deviate from the norm in such dramatic fashion, 

When somebody sets a gas canister on fire and lets the scarlet carpets burn, 

Is it ever to much to consider a ticket refund or your money returned?


The action on the screen is over saturated fiction 

While the rest of the theatre is up in gun smoke and smelling of velocity. 


What constricts the passage of blood from a 12 year old kid?

 

This reality is a broken satire, 

Filled with too much gore and cheep looking blood.


I'm just a little curious..


How I  paid 12 bucks for this f*****g bullshit. 

© 2012 Cole Hayley


Author's Note

Cole Hayley

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know a 6 year old girl was killed in the middle of all that. And he has the audacity to sit there with his orange hair and say nothing, as if he owes nobody anything.

He who judges is never worthy of affording himself that role, and it's awfully sad that he who thinks he has a point to make, makes only a point to say nothing and mean nothing with his empty violence. And then let a child die for it. As if he were God watching as his son were nailed to the cross. And then straight into self-martyrdom, because he were so righteous.

This is so simply written but the complexities lie within the message you are sending out. And I like how you change and drift from very well written, written word/prose to become slightly more colloquial towards the end. It's as if you're digressing from the rational newspaper clipping documenting such an event to being there yourself, retelling the horror.

And I adore the ending. It's your angst and everybody elses, and sums up what is wrong with this capitalist, consumerist world where everybody has to be right, and pretty much, in this day and age, $12 will buy you more than you ever bargained for, and then could very well be the end of you. As if you never knew it was even coming.

We all pay for each others sins, and while most of us dont feel it straight away, you can bet your life on a 6 year old getting shot in the face because of that bad karma. The children always feel are wrath. Always.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JohnnyMagrinho

11 Years Ago

*our wrath.



Reviews

ambulance's number. apostrophe

Posted 11 Years Ago


This felt different, I could sense a more genuine emotion behind this poem. I like your usual dreamy, beautifully apocalyptic poems; but I really liked this new direction- love the last line.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I can sit and talk all day about gruesome killings and prematurely ended lives. I'm not proud of it. I'm kind of immune to it. In my little world, killings are becoming more and more of a normal occurrence. It's all about survival and it doesn't matter how you die and who killed you. Truth is you live, you die regardless of the circumstance, you will be mourned, gone, missed and forgotten. It seemed to me that we all are walking in the same path as the earth follows the orbit. No matter the age and the status. We question, we blame, we throw remorse to each other. But who will answer? Who will accept the blame? Who will stand for us? It's very hard to change one's self. It's ten thousand harder to change a nation. Idk, maybe we are just a part of God's experiment.

Your poem speaks the grief inside you. Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You're good at descriptions aren't you, anyways well done interesting message but, not supprise and well done on topic and all. Who knows whats wrong with people now a days and makes them shoot at a bunch of random human being just because; I forget what the reason was, I think it was so pety I didn't even care, just wonder why? Anyways well done with the poem keep up the excelente job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Truth in every line! Corrections-Is it ever too much. ...is up in gun smoke and smelling of velocity, this sentence could be worded a bit better. CHEAP looking blood.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Damn....I could rant all day about what happened in Colorado, but I'll refrain....You're piece strikes hard Cole. We pay the price and then some to live in this world, only to die. You don't get a refund for damages done to you by others, just a simple "I'm sorry for your loss, but there's nothing we can do. You'll now have to pay to bury your child in the ground." I don't understand how people can take another person's life, especially when they do so casually. My heart breaks when it comes to humanity, because it seems we are failing as a species. As time moves forward, our worlds seem to only revolve around money and trend. Morals, values, dignity, compassion, all those things and more are on the verge of extinction. It's very rare I meet someone who says "Am I in the wrong time era or what?" and questions what is idolized today. "Did you see Snooki drinking? Isn't she pregnant? Who's the moron that let that woman have a child?!" Sometimes it makes me resent, having brought a child myself into such a foolish, decaying world. I can only hope I teach her what I feel is right. I apologize for my rant(believe me it could have been longer), but like I said. This piece strikes hard. Very well done Cole.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
the last sentence is f------ great..good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Wow, your writing is pretty powerful. You speak your mind. Fantastic poem. Good video. It really tied together humanity's wrath and destruction, where control has no specific meaning where we all wish for paradise. Unfortunately, its a responsibility and not just a fantasy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A right to own guns comes into collision with the simple dignity of civil life and what stands between them is the understanding we foster about individual responsibility in society. Its always easy to blame everyone else where we fail to see our part in the events that we experience.

The Moslem calls it 'Jihad ' where the logical guide is to destroy that which is wrong about us, by re-educating ourselves. But the line between what is within and that which is in the environment is a lesson that we still have to learn well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is deep and says so much of our society and our bloodletting , we even pay to watch it on screen.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012

Author

Cole Hayley
Cole Hayley

Montreal, Canada



About
25 / Canada I'm back ;) New series: "Name one thing in this photo" 1. Grocery list and a Love letter 2. Went Wrong 3. 24 4. The Pacific Theater 5. A SATA cable frayed 6. One Thing 7. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


In-between Time In-between Time

A Poem by ...