Chapter 1: Blown 'in the Wind

Chapter 1: Blown 'in the Wind

A Chapter by Seeker
"

Plunge into the Contemplation Thread

"
It was summer, yet the wind was cold.. The moon has come up and I am sitting by a window that is foggy with the breath of life. The rain had passed and it is a bit late. With heavy breathing, I stretched my hand to reach out a handkerchief. My damp shirt is an indication that I've been running in the rain. I feel like a speck of day light fading in this lonesome night.
I wonder if this is how it is for everyone my age. I am already an incoming fourth year student and it feels like, I'm not satisfied with my high school life. I wonder if I could leave a "legacy" or some sort of it. Well, we're not pretty ambitious to dream, are we? Somehow, when I think this way, I tend to forget what is going on in reality and right now, I'm a bit disappointed in myself. I'm a mess. I fail everyone's expectations.
Time, unfortunately, doesn't make it easy to stay on course. The path is straight as ever, but now it is strewn with the rocks and mud that could accumulate for a lifetime. It's just that I have to be back to my senses to straighten things up.
I have arrived this day in my sister's house in the city, but then, my mind is drifting back to my home. I felt uneasy, especially, I felt I've changed since the beginning of my junior year, I am not even thinking about important things or chores in the house except my cell phone and other things that I've been hooked up to. I'm a mess after all. And I felt that I could only find myself on the borders of the digital realm. Oh, how I wish I get out of this house and be alone. The moon is shining brighter right now, I want to reach the stars. They're like people anyway, we can see them but cannot reach them.
"Beep! Beep!"
Alas! The contemplation's over. Thanks to my technological companion. Things are indeed inevitable, that's why life is full of surprises. It was only last month when my sister gave me this phone and I'm being accustomed to it already. Here I go again, surfing the internet. This could somehow, at least help me relax right now. I decided to view some profiles of people expressing themselves freely in the internet. Yes, there was freedom. Few minutes later, I stumbled upon an image of a girl. It was angelic. I felt like I am being captivated and something's telling me to press the "Add friend" button which I did in a second.
At that very moment, I did not envision that she would respond, we converse for series of hours. She's so attractive and I wonder how it felt to see her in real life. With this thought, my day ends with a smile.


© 2013 Seeker


Author's Note

Seeker
Started :3
The Photo attached is not mine.
I onlyPhotoshopped a bit :/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on April 7, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2013


Author

Seeker
Seeker

Bago City, Negros Occidental, Philippines



About
A 'Thinker' from the city that is doomed to destruction. A 'Pilgrim' from the wayward, fallen world. A 'Surfer' in the waves of confusion and ordeals. A 'Computer Scientist' in the making. .. more..

Writing
Lonesome Day Lonesome Day

A Poem by Seeker