Clock travels

Clock travels

A Chapter by .
"

And once I opened them I was standing on a cobbled road.

"

I stared around like if I didn't know where I was. Then I saw the tree and remembered everything. I had never asked myself why this was all happening. 

I stood up and saw the whole school heading for class. Some were heading over to the laboratory, others were going to the gym for their P.E classes and a group of boys from the last grade were jumping over the fence to skip class. 

"Don't tell me we have maths next?!" asked Brenda who was certainly trying to forget the adventure we had. I looked at my watch.

"Yes, we do have maths" I replied, making a sad face. Maths wasn't really my best friend. Any time I saw a problem which included numbers I would go crazy in trying to solve it. 

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" shouted Coral who was already on the other side of the field. The three of us ran to her and started walking up the wet steps. Once we reached the top floor we ran to class and choose the nearest seats. We were just in time for Mrs. Levin had just arrived. She was one of the oldest teachers at school. Her hair was turning grey, her hands and face were wrinkled, and she wore some old kind of spectacles and clothes which smelled of cat. Brenda who had only met her a few times had to cover her nose because of the intense smell of cat. The rest of us had got used to it. 

"Homework, please!" she commanded, going round the class to pick up the homework. Even though she was an old and weak teacher she had a voice which at times scared the whole class. She kept on going round till she reached the four of us. I gave her the papers immediately. Sara had just finished rewriting a summary and gave it to her. Coral was the best student in class and had given her the summary some time ago. But when the teacher saw Brenda.

"What's your name?" she questioned, I could see that the times were Brenda had met her was only at break time and in the canteen.

"Brenda York, Mrs" she answered with that look of fear that the class would usually make whilst they were at detention.

"Well, Miss York, I can see you weren't here last Friday. So I will give another day to complete the task." Mrs. Levin spoke, whilst looking intensely at Brenda.

"Yes, Mrs" Brenda said recovering her throat.

"Very well! Open your books on page 150!" the teacher spoke, walking to her wooden desk. We all opened our books on the recommended page. But before that something made all four of us look at the clock. I felt strange so I decided to close my eyes. And once I opened them I was standing on a cobbled road. 

"Where am I?" I asked myself, looking around to see if I could catch a person or even a car. Then I looked up. I saw three spots and then I realized they were Sara, Coral and Brenda. I stepped aside and saw them bump onto the floor.

"Couldn't there be at lest a mattress!" complained Coral whilst trying to stand up. 

"Never mind that! Question is. Where are we, now?" Sara asked looking around her.

"Well let's think. What was the last object we looked at?" started Brenda recognizing the path from a picture she saw earlier that day.

"I think it was a clock. But what's that going to help us with?" Coral said, whilst trying to catch a fly. I thought a little and then it struck me! The first object we looked at was a computer and we ended up being inside it. Then we saw a picture of the Bermuda Triangle and next thing we knew, we were on that ship. After that we were sitting against a tree and we ended up falling into a jungle.

And finally...we went into a clock! That could only mean one thing. We went back or forwards in time! Finally my head was working properly.

"We went into a clock!" I told them, putting a large smile on my face.

"So?" asked Sara not quite understanding what it meant.

"We went back or forwards in time!" Coral and Brenda exclaimed in unison. I nodded my head.

"I'm very sure we went back in time" I commented looking at the old cobbled and deserted street.

"I agree with Gwen. I mean if this was the future this would be full of technological things." agreed Sara somehow she was always on my side.

"Then explain that floating car!" Coral pointed out and opening her mouth to a large awe.

"What are we waiting for?!" Brenda shouted from the distance. She was already next to the city gates. We all ran to her and looked at the tall green gates.

"I thought we past the Oz land a long time ago!?" joked Sara looking at the doors intensely. I stepped forward and knocked on the green doors. They opened at the instant and the four of us walked back trying to avoid being pushed by them. Once they had opened we went inside. It was an amazing place. There were floating vehicles, like the one we saw before. Most of the houses and shops were underwater or up in the air. There was as much nature as technology around us. For me it was my dream place. All the people were fit and healthy. I loved it from the best to the worst things it had.

"Wow!" I exclaimed it was about the only thing I could say. We all walked up the lighted street until we reached a game centre.

"Shall we go in? It wouldn't do any bad to have a little bit of fun" Coral explained, looking at our nodding heads. We all opened the doors and saw something which was nothing like a game centre. We looked around us. All we could see was another girl, who looked the same age as us.

"Hi! I'm Tania! What game do you want to play? They're all so good" she told us, looking at the large touchable screen in front of us. I looked through the games and saw one which I got interested in.

"What's Death Quiz about?" I asked her, knowing it didn't sound like a girl’s game.

"Ohh...That's a good one!" she said whilst touching the button. 

"I know this isn't going to be good" commented Brenda, whilst the room changed into a quiz area. I looked around and then I saw that I was standing on a pedestal with a floating button in front of me. Then I looked at my clothes. I wasn't wearing the same ones as before. Now I had a red and black suit with silver boots.

"Welcome! To another Death Quiz! You all know the rules! One answer wrong you're out of the game!" he shouted with all the clapping around I could hardly hear him.

 

The five of us could hardly talk actually we couldn't talk. Our mouths were sealed unless we had an answer to the question.

"First question! Who invented floating cars?" he started, somehow I knew the answer.

"Ricky Ignacio Moore!" I answered, hoping I didn't make a fool of myself.

"Correct!" he pointed out giving me a hundred points. Sara was looking at me with a face of 'how did you know?’

 

After a while we all had the same number of points.

"And now for the last question! Who was the person who invented 'Rina one and Rina two'? he exclaimed looking at us with a look of encouragement.

"Tina Rene Serriel!" replied Tania wining another 100 points.

"And we have a winner!" whilst he said this the rest of us faded away from the game. And appeared in our class doing the exercises Mrs. Levin had told us to do.

 



© 2012 .


Author's Note

.
Pls tell me if u saw any grammar problems and pls review. Sorry if this chapter was long! :D Hope u liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! Keep up the good work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks glad u liked it! :)
That is neat! i can't wait for the next chapter, or is there another one?

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

there is I'll try posting it soon tnx for reading! :)
Dominique

11 Years Ago

Awsome! your welcome :)
Very great :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thank u, glad u liked it! :D
Bluefire

11 Years Ago

No problem
*gasp* Math after PE D:< trying to tire not only our bodies but our minds too?! Awesome chapter you have here

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
Nice Write!
Keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thank u! :D
Wow this is amazing... I wonder what was going on with the 4 friends??
Really interesting.
Keep writing :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you're interested in this I will totaly keep writing! :D
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
This story is lovely. The concept behind it is very clever and imaginative :) I look forward to reading more about these girls’ adventures :) Never apologize for writing something long; people who love to write probably love to read. They really shouldn’t fuss over length. English isn't your first language and I really admire you for writing in English. It's very impressive. There were a couple of things I noticed and I will point them out. Please don’t let this review discourage you. My intention is purely to help you and encourage you. I sincerely hope you know that and that you continue sending me read requests. Also not everything I pointed out is wrong...I also took things I thought you could rephrase to make the sentences sound better. These are just suggestions...so feel free to ignore them :)

“I stared around like if I didn't know where I was.” – I stared around as if I didn’t know where I was.

“last grade” – final grade or final year.


“Any time I saw a problem which included numbers I would go crazy in trying to solve it.” – Anytime I saw a problem that included numbers I would go crazy trying to solve it.

“We were just in time for Mrs. Levin had just arrived.” – We made it just in time for class, Mrs. Levin had just arrived.


“and she wore some old kind of spectacles and clothes which smelled of cat.” – And she wore old spectacles and clothes that smelt of cats.

“Even though she was an old and weak teacher she had a voice which at times scared the whole class.” – Even though she was an old and weak teacher, she had a voice that could scare the class from time to time.


“Sara had just finished rewriting a summary and gave it to her.” – Sara had just finished rewriting her summary in time to give it to her.

“But when the teacher saw Brenda.” – When the teacher saw Brenda.


“I could see that the times were Brenda had met her was only at break time and in the canteen.” - Brenda had only come across her at break time and in the canteen. I could see she didn’t recognize her.

“"Brenda York, Mrs" she answered with that look of fear that the class would usually make whilst they were at detention.” – “Brenda York, ma’am “she answered with a look of fear on her face. It was the same look kids had when they were in detention.


“"Well, Miss York, I can see you weren't here last Friday. So I will give another day to complete the task." Mrs. Levin spoke, whilst looking intensely at Brenda.” – “Well, Miss York, you weren’t here last Friday. I will give you another day to complete the homework.” Mrs. Levin spoke looking intensely at Brenda.

“"Yes, Mrs" Brenda said recovering her throat.”- “Yes ma’am” Brenda replied clearing her throat.


“"Very well! Open your books on page 150!"” – “Very well! Open your books to page 150.

“We all opened our books on the recommended page. But before that something made all four of us look at the clock” – we all opened our books to the recommended page. Something made all four of us look at the clock.


“if I could catch a person or even a car.” – if I could find someone or even spot a car.

“I stepped aside and saw them bump onto the floor.” – I stepped aside and watched them drop to the floor.


“"Couldn't there be at lest a mattress!"” - “Couldn’t there at least be a mattress!”

“But what's that going to help us with?"” – But how is that going to help us?”


“I told them, putting a large smile on my face.” – I told them with a satisfied grin on my face.

“Coral pointed out and opening her mouth to a large awe.” – Coral pointed out, her mouth opened wide in awe.


“"I thought we past the Oz land a long time ago!?"” – “I thought we had past Oz a long time ago!?”

“"Shall we go in? It wouldn't do any bad to have a little bit of fun"” – “Shall we go in? It wouldn’t hurt to have a little bit of fun.”


“I looked through the games and saw one which I got interested in.” – I looked through the games and saw one that I was interested in.

“he shouted with all the clapping around I could hardly hear him.” – He shouted. I could hardly hear him with all the clapping around us.


“The five of us could hardly talk actually we couldn't talk.” – The five of us couldn’t talk.

“Sara was looking at me with a face of 'how did you know?’” – Sara was looking at me with a ‘how did you know?’ expression on her face.

I hope this has been helpful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mia

11 Years Ago

I'm glad it helped :) and I look forward to reading more!
.

11 Years Ago

I'll try posting the next soon! :)
Mia

11 Years Ago

:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012
Tags: fantasy, adventure, travel


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .