Tree Travel

Tree Travel

A Chapter by .
"

We sat down and started talking of our adventures.

"
I was getting scared and happy as I walked to my locker thinking about the travels I had. Brenda had explained how she nearly vomited while being in the tsunami, Coral was willing to have another ride on it and Sara couldn't stop thinking about the tornado, which sucked us up or down into the air, for none of us could quite remember the little trip on the tornado. Once the four of us put our books in our lockers we went out to break. 
Outside, was quite windy and cold. I could see boys playing football on the fields, girls talking while swinging on swings and teachers discussing about there day. I followed Sara to the big chestnut tree. We sat down and started talking of our adventures.
"Don't you three think it's odd that no one knows we weren't in class for the maximum half and hour?" I asked hoping they would agree.
"Maybe it's just inside our heads" suggested Coral looking at them with a 'don't you think I'm right' look.
"Maybe, but it felt so real' admitted Sara, we all nodded our heads and looked around thinking that something strange was going to happen in one minute or the other.
And that's when the tree pushed us inside. Next thing we knew, we were floating down the tree like Alice in Wonderland.
"Great, now it's Alice in Wonderland, next thing you, girls, know we'll be crossing a mirror" assumed Sara, who was getting a little fed up with having to bump into awkward situations every thirty minutes.
We kept on floating downwards for ages like if they really where in the story.

                                        ********

Then after a long while we landed with a bump on the ground. The floor was wet and muddy. We all stood up, complaining about the dirt on our clothes and the bruises on our legs and arms. But once we looked up we stared for a long time.We appeared to be in a rain forest. It was huge and beautiful. I was standing next to a huge waterfall, I decided to look down, it fell 500 meters, at least that's what I thought. Then I looked back up, we were surrounded by trees on ever corner, the trees had lots of tropical fruits like bananas, mango, coconuts... etc.
The river flowing next to us at a normal speed and even the monkeys were coming to say hello, of course we couldn't understand them but from my point of view that's what they were saying.
I was appreciating this sight willingly until I heard a roar. I was sure it was a lion from the first roar it made. And I was right, once I thought that a big and fierce lion jumped out from behind the tress.
"Ok, first I was feeling weird, which I still am, and now I feeling scared" mouthed Brenda trying not to look at the beast.
The lion came a step closer and made us all jump into the waterfall.
We all found ourselves in an underwater passage way. It was silent and gloomy but cosy at the same time.
"Well, what do we do now?" questioned Coral, who was as scared as Brenda.
"Walk down this gloomy passage?" commented Sara, still hoping this would end soon. 
But it didn't. Once the passage finished we found ourselves in the inside of a volcano..
"Could things get worse?!" I shouted to myself, and things did get worse, the volcano was about to erupt and there where four passages Coral, who was as scared as Brenda when she saw the lion.
"I'll take the right one, Coral will take the left one and you two go through the middle ones" explained Brenda, now full of strength and courage.
We all nodded and confirmed and went through our passages.
As for Sara, Coral and Brenda I have no idea what happened to them, but as for me, I got lost several times, apparently each passage led to a trap. 
Once I started my road there was no turning back, because the door closed and the walls were closing down on me. At first I had no idea what to do but then I found out I just had to relax. And the walls stopped. At the end there was a light, so I decided to walk to it and I found myself running in a maze and a very big one to. That's when I got to the situation of getting lost many times. It was like watching a new escape movie, you never know what's going to happen next. And I was living it. At a point, after getting lost several times I found a door. I opened it gently and I was sucked in and landed on a big rock where I found Sara, Brenda and Coral.
"How did you get here?" we all asked in unison.
"Never mind, we just have to find a way out of here" I feared this wasn't going to have a happy ending for all of us.
And I was right before any of us had anything else to say, we were thrown into the air like the rest of the lava. And started going floating up till the height I would expect to be in space, but instead of that we where sitting against the large oak tree like we were before.


© 2012 .


Author's Note

.
ignore grammar problems and pls review only makes me a better writer

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's really good 100/100 :) .

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
Ruby

11 Years Ago

Your welcome :)
This is a neat book so far. I think it is a wonderful read and I can't wait for more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

tnx I'll try posting the next chapter next week! :)
Dominique

11 Years Ago

Awsome! :D
Really cool, I like this book. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx, I like it to :)
Bluefire

11 Years Ago

No problem :3
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AE
Was there an issue with your computer? There was a repeated paragraph that sort of confused me but, no biggie. I think the whole idea was really cool. I liked the way you wrote the story, though it could be a little slower paced and descriptive. I felt like it was on fast forward, like the old justice league animated movie. (I know this has nothing to do with super heroes, but everything went by so quickly. It just reminded me of it.) Other than that, it was awesome! I liked how they just suddenly got pulled into the tree and landed in a forest as if they were in a dream. The personality of the main character is just so you. Nice chapter! Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx. I do think I had a problem with the computer tnx for reminding me.
I love the interesting premise. A very good hook! Truly an amazing write! Great work! I loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx
Im not being mean or anything but why dont you want us to point out grammar issues but you want to be a better writer? Fixed grammar will make you a better writer. Im just curious. There were a few places where the grammar was pretty bad, (like there isnt of their and other things like that). I did like your description though. I thought the ending was worded very well also. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx
.

11 Years Ago

And you're right about the grammar problems pls tell me if u see any
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

No Problem :)
Really cool story, regardless danger being at every turn i would love to be one of the girls in that adventure

Posted 11 Years Ago


Seraph

11 Years Ago

i wasn't exactly paying attention to them but i did see one, instead of sight you put site
.

11 Years Ago

Oooopss thanks
:)
Seraph

11 Years Ago

you're welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: adventure, mystery, fantasy, escape


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Control Control

A Poem by Soul Fire


Striker strikes again Striker strikes again

A Chapter by .