The surprise

The surprise

A Chapter by .
"

Alice looked around on her side she could hear the noise of the rusty gate behind her, the wind brushing against the new planted trees and bushes, the waves on the beach crushing against the sand.

"

A noise of knives, forks and plates came from the small cosy kitchen. Camille was washing dishes while Deven was reading the morning newspaper. When Camille had finished washing all the plates and cutlery she hesitated for a moment.

“Marisa, Alice get up you’re going to be late for the summer camp!” she shouted, like every gloomy school morning just that this time she was sending them on a long summer camp in one of the Rise Islands archipelagos. She was a little unsure at first but then she thought of the fun they would have and started setting the table.

 

 

Mean while upstairs

 

 

“Come on Alice we’re going to be late!” Marisa told her twin sister while hitting her with a pillow.

“Ok, ok, I’m getting up!” Alice answered grabbing her pillow and starting to hit Marisa.

Alice climbed out of bed thinking what Marisa’s short name should be. She thought many options till she got to the right one.

“Hey, Marisa” Alice said, putting on her black jean shorts. Marisa nodded as if saying ‘what now?’

“Do you mind if I call you Mar?” she finally asked, now putting on her white ballet flats.

“Sure why not? But I don’t want to shorten your name, its fine as it is” Mar confirmed, opening the wooden door which led to the empty corridor.

“Ok, no problem” Alice spoke as she followed her sister down the stairs.

They entered the kitchen smelling the delicious pancakes their mother had made and sat down for a late breakfast.

“Good morning late dreamers!” their mother greeted as she entered the room.

“Good morning, mum!” the twins both answered with their mouths full of pancake. Camille made a gesture for them to close their mouths when eating, smiled and went upstairs. Mar and Alice finished their breakfast quickly and followed their dad and went to the garage where their dad was waiting.

“Well, it took a lot of time for you two to get up!” he commented opening the door to the car. Mar quickly sat in the back seat followed by Alice.

 

After some time of driving through the city and countryside they got to a big lonely beach. The only thing Mar, Alice and their dad could hear, was the noise from the town somewhere near. Alice looked around her. Apart from the sea and the golden sand she could see what seemed like a school.

“What’s that?” Alice pointed at the wooden building.

“That’s the camp were you’re going to stay” he answered taking the two heavy bags out of the car.

“It’s strange” Mar commented looking at the building carefully.

“There are many things which are strange and that you have to know” Deven finally got the courage to say after fourteen long years.

“What do mean, dad?” they both asked looking at him in confusion.

Deven hesitated but knew he had to tell them.

“First I have to tell you that whatever I say doesn’t mean I don’t love you anymore” he said with the sound of fear running through the whole message.

They both nodded in terror like if something terrible had just happened.

“When you were born the doctor noticed something very rare about you two” he started but couldn’t finish for Mar spoke.

“What do you mean by strange?” she interrupted waiting for a quick answer.

“I don’t know if you’ve heard the word or understand its meaning but he said you were ‘Twin Souls’” he finished looking at the amazed faces Alice and Mar made.

“Does that mean that we can change each others selves even if we don’t want to?” questioned Alice in fascination. Their father nodded.

“Yes, but only when you turn fourteen” he replied picking up the car key that he dropped.

“But we’re turning fourteen tomorrow at midday” Mar quickly added dropping her mouth wide open.

“Yes, I know that’s why we’re sending you here, so that you can control your powers, not because we think you’re crazy” he told them handing them the bags.

“So this is a school for children with the same heir as us?” Mar asked looking at the building once more.

“No it’s for children with special powers, like you. But I’m going to have to say bye. If your mother doesn’t see me at home before ten I’m officially dead” he spoke getting into the car and waving them goodbye. They waved back with a small smile on their face as the car left the coast. Mar and Alice walked to the camp and stopped at the metal gates which had the camps name carved in it.

 

 

SORTENIA HIGH SCHOOL CAMP

 

 

 

 

“So this is the place?” asked Mar already knowing the answer.

“Looks like it” answered Alice opening the gate and going in followed by Mar. As they walked through the old looking patio they noticed the school was more than 200 years old although they had renovated the interior of the camp a lot. Alice looked around on her side she could hear the noise of the rusty gate behind her, the wind brushing against the new planted trees and bushes, the waves on the beach crushing against the sand. For her and Mar it looked like if they were at their Aunts Helga’s place near the coast of France. As Mar walked she reached the wooden doors which led to the camp. She hesitated for a moment and then went in. Alice tried to look at the bright things by closing her eyes but when she opened them what she saw was amazing!

 

 



© 2012 .


Author's Note

.
Pls review and tell me if I made any mistakes. Nobodys perfect! xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hmm. i think it's good, but you need to develop your thoughts more, use imagery, and fix your organization.

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I'll try that :)
Is is great! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thank u! Truly glad u like it! :)
good chapter... next XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Tnx! Glad u like it! :D
Well done! I agree with Kublakhan, you set up the story plotline and characters very well :D
Nice write :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
I'm actually really excited for the next chapter, this has intrigued me:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks, really happy that u liked this chapter! :D
wooooow...freak..am so excited for the next chapter..it was fabulous..:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
Really amazing! I loved it to the end! Really want to read next chapter! Keep going! :)
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! Glad u liked it! :D
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

My pleasure :)
I'm not good at reviewing stories but I'd say you've the set the table perfectly for a compelling plot with some intriguing characters...keep up the good work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


.

11 Years Ago

Thanks it means alot to me that you liked it! :D
kublakhan27

11 Years Ago

:D

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012
Tags: adventure, fantasy, mystery


Author

.
.

Milky Way, Solar System, Earth...



Writing
The beach The beach

A Poem by .


My tongue twister My tongue twister

A Poem by .


Poliglot Poliglot

A Poem by .



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..