Love's Pain

Love's Pain

A Poem by Mazie

They say that time will heal all wounds of life

Though now I question, is this falsehood true?

How can they know the pain of lover’s strife,

Can it relent once it has run one through?

I can’t deny uncertainty I face,

For never was this meant to be our fates

To live and love and part without a trace

And leave in bitter, sorrowful hate.

My heart will not forget, my mind recall,

The joyful times we had and love we shared

And in those thoughts, the love has melt it all,

So nothing now remains but love when we two cared.

But still in truth, Love never truly dies

This pain recalls those feelings deep inside.

© 2015 Mazie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've writ another gem with this. Strong lines full of passion and poetry with a grand musicality to boot! Lines 8 and 12, however don't have enough (or are more than enough) syllables to follow the iambic structure of a sonnet, which you have clearly lain out in the rest of the poem. With those lines polished, this would be tuned to utter perfection. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Once again a nicely written sonnet. I note the advice from the reviewer who thought you change some words and imagine it is because he is unfamiliar with the sonnet and the syllable count required.

Leave it just as it is, it's fine.

T

Posted 8 Years Ago


"I can’t deny uncertainty I face," that needs a little something (the)

"And in those thoughts, the love has melt it all," remove 'it' insert 'melted' maybe? or 'will melt' perhaps?


It ends in kind of an unfulfilling way but, whatever, that's fine. The first two lines are good and then it gets way too cliché. Do you guys have a "sad romance" template you all work off of or something?

They say hell is repetition. These poems are the manifestation of hell for 12 to 25 year old women. They just keep coming... relentlessly, out of the age demo.

You write well enough though. You will add more depth as you go.






Posted 8 Years Ago


I'm sure 'they' knew about lover's strife when they mentioned the particular saying you point out here. I know that does not make you feel better but your voice here is valid. There are many who will never understand or get over a love that once lit the fire within you so strong.

You are correct: love never dies. In most cases, it is that thought many must live with.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2015
Last Updated on October 29, 2015
Tags: romance, love, betrayal, hate, relationships, poetry

Author

Mazie
Mazie

Canada



Writing
Wake Up Call Wake Up Call

A Poem by Mazie


Soul Mate Soul Mate

A Poem by Mazie


My One Regret My One Regret

A Poem by Mazie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Moon's Decay Moon's Decay

A Poem by Ella