Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Dad Dragonfire

He had already played four records... or were they five? He was beginning to feel tired- even a Jedi needs to rest. As he was watching the hologram, Master Yoda entered the vast empty main room of the Jedi Council... but something was wrong. This Yoda was much older than those he'd seen on the previous records. He was exactly as old as he remembered him! And then, the extraordinary happened... Master Yoda walked out of the hologram and stood right in front of Luke. Was it an illusion, a trick of his tired mind?
"Done well you have, my young friend." The Yoda ghostly apparition said.
"Master Yoda, is that really you?" said Luke, unable to conceal the surprise, and also glee, in his voice.
"A Jedi Knight you are now" continued the old Master "and much work lies ahead, for a Master must you become."
"But Master, I feel so lost... I cannot see the road ahead. I'm not so sure I am ready..." Luke started, a bit of despair creeping into his voice. But Master Yoda interrupted him.
"Ready you are!" said the diminutive Master in an imperative tone. "Despair you must not... for to the Dark side of the Force it leads. Remember your training" and finally he added, in that calming Jedi voice Luke had got so used to during his training. "Clear your mind of doubt. Quiet now be..."
Luke let his old Master guide him once more to a higher state of awareness, to connect and be one with the Force.
Hours went by as Luke sat motionless, eyes closed, deeply immersed in a Jedi trance, in the Force. Artoo grew impatient first and then concerned at his master seemingly frozen state. Was he still breathing? Yes, he was... his sensors showed normal vital signs- slightly slowed down but still within normal parameters for a human his age. He seemed asleep... but it couldn't be, as according to his extensive database, humans could bot hold their upper body in an upright position- even sitting- without support, while sleeping. The little robot was about to start trying to wake up his master, when Luke opened his eyes.
Master Yoda's apparition was long gone, but his presence in the Force lingered and remained strong. Luke felt that presence and smiled... even in an incorporeal state, his old Master spirit had appear to him as solid and real as Artoo. And he finally knew what he had to do.


© 2015 Dad Dragonfire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015


Author

Dad Dragonfire
Dad Dragonfire

Dundas, Southern Ontario, Canada



About
Love to read and love to write... yeah I know, doesn't tell much about me. I always find it hard to "tell about myself" when filling up a profile. I'll put a better "About Me" together and come back a.. more..

Writing