Captain Gold's Transformation

Captain Gold's Transformation

A Chapter by Damian Vincent Henry
"

Benjamin Gold meets Don Nathaniel and discovers who he is and through discovering who KillWorld is, it is only then when he finds himself

"
Chapter V
Captain Gold’s Transformation
It hath reached 16 July 1680 that year; Captain Gold woke up that night. He probably had a bad dream. He went outside to look at the body of our father but found it to be gone; he looked shocked as if to say he saw a ghost.
-
Captain Gold turned around and saw father stand behind him, but he didn’t fear because he was a pirate. He tackled father to the ground, choked him and stared into the yellow eyes of our father,(Crowkans had the ability to hide the colour of their eyes during the day, meaning they could change it to any other colour, but at night the Crowkans eye colour would be revealed.) he fought against our father, yelling at father, “Devil” father grew a rage at that moment when he held father to the ground; not because he couldn’t get out of the mighty grip of Gold, but because he called him a Devil. Then father bit him and bit him and bit, but didn’t kill him. Gold fell to the ground; father picked him from it and put him back into his bed. Gold fell ill, throwing up vomit, asking father repeatedly what he did to him but father gave no answer. Father stayed with him the whole night then morning came and Gold’s men called his name, but he was fast asleep; all of his men called his name all of his men were calling his name, they searched half the ship already but Gold gave no answer. Whilst in Gold’s room, father nearly fell asleep for a minute, with just closing his eyes he could hear Gold’s footsteps and so he stopped him. Gold asked father many questions, like why father bit him and if father was a Vampire, but father only laughed and thought what a coincidence, night came and Gold saw that he was healthy and but his body was soon to be revealed to him. Father bit his arm, held it near Benjamin’s mouth and offered him immortality, but Benjamin was too hard headed, so stubborn even to this day and still as selfish with money as ever. Father bit his own arm again and held it near Benjamin’s mouth again, offering him immortality then father said,” I give you the opportunity to accept life and accept your new life as a general in the Ravellion, making you the second in command of my army that will in time, soon rise.” Benjamin looked at father again and he drank the blood of salvation, the essence of immortality, then when he did -
so he fell to the ground and brought up blood,(that meant his mortal body was slowly dying) and Benjamin Gold, the newest member to the Ravellion, saw life in a new way.
Night came…and he then saw how he now looked, in his new image. He stood shocked and had then simultaneously asked Lord KillWorld multiple questions concerning the recent act, he….Lord KillWorld hath bequeathed unto him. Seeing that-he couldn’t remember a thing….on the whereabouts when Lord KillWorld bit him. He was afraid, very afraid. And he looked into the new look of his eyes….his face and his hair. He was overstressed, saw him selves as a demon and took it on himself to rather prefer to his new image as….being a demon….brought upon the works of the devil himself.
All that hate from his childhood years, that he had developed towards the people over the years had finally formed and had been directed to one person, that person would be now the one that bit him, the man they called Don Nathaniel KillWorld. Gold laughed for a moment; looking at Lord KillWorld and rubbed his own face…then said, ‘Funny…...I think you’ll agree…..some things happen for a reason, for maybe I was destined to be young, perhaps this life were not meant for me after all ”
I do understand the emotion that you are going through at this moment, and I do share your grief, but it be not long now, then you’ll thank me…. said KillWorld.
And what on earth could be so funny? ....said KillWorld.
What bothers me the most is my hair…the fact that it is the same as my name….does that answer your question?
There was silence in the dormitory, not a sound from either of them…neither KillWorld nor Gold. Their words for each other had left their mouths, hatred was seen through the eyes of Benjamin, but he would not act through emotion…it was not as he were still a man, yet only in the figure now.
KillWorld took a look at Gold, touched his hair and straightened his shirt and said,’ My dear Benny…..take it from an old man, remember these words….from me you wont hear them again…everything bad doesn’t last forever…for everything great takes time….Well except for me offcourse…”
He wanted Gold to understand where he came from, what he stood for, how he came to be what he were at that moment…..Gold didn’t actually understand where he was coming from, for the question that always remain…where did Lord KillWorld come from….lets be honest, he wasn’t actually from Europe or Asia or any other foreign lands. Gold was willing to learn more of KillWorld and about him. He grew very fond of KillWorld; he probably was sired. He began to feel he related to KillWorld and perhaps he did…but Gold grew even more obsessed with his hair’s colour; KillWorld then said the unexpected, saying, ‘I gave you life…so what is given for my offer? I tell you…no appreciation!!! For God’s sake don’t embarrass me…please do not be so pathetic.”
Gold said, looking at himself in the mirror,’ anything you want I will give you, but please….not money, I don’t share my money with anyone.”

Lord KillWorld said nothing and looked at Benjamin, walked his way, and in a blink of an eye, there was blood against the mirror and Benjamin laid on the floor…..a day hath passed, Gold woke up and looked at KillWorld, looked at the mirror and saw the blood, he could remember everything as if it hath just happened, he stroked his forehead gently, and found no blood on his forehead. He looked relieved. Then KillWorld got up out the chair and said, ‘I am Lord KillWorld, leader of the Crowkan Empire and king, father to many, son to no man. I am your king, you will do as I say….if not, prepare to die.”
Is that a threat boy? You know….I don’t take orders….I give them, listen….this is my ship and I have the last say. If anyone is going to suffer any consequences, it will be you."
I gave you life…. I can take your life…What will be your offer?
My ship is not to bargain, if you want it, you will have to do me a favour.”
KillWorld looked somewhat, angry and it was as if he had a trick up his sleeve, unfortunately, KillWorld wasn’t the traitorous type, he was rather more of a malicious minded person ,he never went behind someone’s back…backstabbing them, he was brave enough to stare any man in the eye and tell him something to his face.
Name your price…be it more money, then its settled.”
No, I want you to make me king of the so-called Crowkan Empire (Smiling).”
If you’re mocking me boy, then I suppose I will have to kill all of your men, or I will let Benedict do it. So what is your answer?”
Done mate! Done…. (Angry).”
Oh do not feel saddened, I will find it in my black heart to still see to it that you are first mate.”(Smiling)
Benjamin Gold looked really angry, and sort of looked as if he wanted to kill Lord KillWorld, nevertheless, it was done, he agreed and made KillWorld captain of the ship, but for that to have been official, Gold had to give over his rights to KillWorld in front of all the crewmembers.’
Morning came, he introduced KillWorld to the men, but there was one problem, all of them hated him, but as they were mocking him, and insulting him, he just laughed. He went inside the dormitory, looked at Benedict and he followed soon after, then Gold also went inside, they could hear the men whisper and say their rude remarks towards KillWorld, the night came quickly and the men were asleep. KillWorld and Benedict spoke privately and they looked at Gold who was fast asleep.
Day had finally reached its point and Benjamin got out of bed, he felt no pain, my scars on my back which his father gave him were gone and so was every mark from childhood. Night came; Benjamin, Benedict Morgan and KillWorld had bitten all fifteen of his men and the other fourteen strong men they kept. Gold told the men who KillWorld was and what they now were, whereas he knew many of them would still resent him and they wouldn’t accept and they who didn’t, hated KillWorld. They decided to work only with the men who liked it, and they were only twenty. Then KillWorld changed into something else, with a horn in front of his head and he also had wings yet looked different from how he looked. He told them he was their leader and king of the Crowkans, he told them what they from now on was…..soldiers, generals, and captains some who more or less may become part of the Ravellion.
But they that hated him, jumped overboard, he knew that they wouldn’t accept him, and they knew it deep in their hearts; Benedict wanted to go after them but KillWorld stopped him, he just smiled. And let them go. After a moment they yelled out his name,’ Lord KillWorld!!Lord KillWorld!!Save us!!” but he just looked at them, Gold waited on KillWorld’s command, but he just smiled, it was as if he enjoyed watching them drown. Gold slowly grew frustrated at KillWorld and went against the new captain’s word. Anger was shown in KillWorlds eyes, but he said nothing. Gold gave the order, yelling,’ off we go mates, throw the ropes to the men that lay on sea”; many of them had already swallowed many water. After they rescued the men, they laid them on the floor; seven were unconscious, they were not sure what to do, or how to save them. So KillWorld looked at all seven of them. And with a mighty and pace, strike…he landed his foot on their chests, and the water came bursting out. Some of the men that saw this, were partially in a startling moment yet both shocked and angry at KillWorlds ruthless act, but they were satisfied, gratitude soon followed’ and it showed on their faces.
All the men surrounded KillWorld, he looked at them and saw their hate for him, but it was hatred that turned to respect.

Lord KillWorld was now the true captain, KillWorld!! The men yelled put with gladness, they hailed him as their king, and all of them bowed to him, all except Benedict Morgan and Benjamin Gold. They stood there, on their knees, and he called them to their feet, and they got up. He took his cloak off, once again and smiled at Gold- saying to his on board,’ I refuse that you enter Armageddon.” The men were confused, KillWorld laughed silently, staring at his men with his sick and demented eyes; one of the men asked him out of curiosity,’ who are you really? Are you God? ”
KillWorld answered by means of a joke, ‘a tourist offcourse.” And all the men laughed, so did the man that asked the question.
Then a figure appeared around the men, it was a ghost….or no, was it an angel? ................Or perhaps a demon? Whatever it was, it made the men fear for their lives, all of them…laid on the floor, all except KillWorld. The figure spoke to him, and said,’ He….the king of the lost kind….soon to be…you are Navael, a future elder, a pity your destiny wont be fulfilled….(laughing) ‘remember before you go your way, I will come back to you, and I will make your life hell.”
‘It is wise if you do not continue insulting me….for many whom insults me, does not live to see the lights of day again.”
‘Remember…Navael’…..When the days of earth be darkened by life’s sorrows….so shall the men you have be of no longer….and they ones that hated you…shall be closest to you than all your men.”
KillWorld said with anger,’ I fear no man, no beast, no God, who are you?”
‘I am…..that is no more of man or God….I am he….the Black Myth.”
And before KillWorld could say anything, the Black Myth grabbed him by the neck, in front of all the men, opened his mouth before the face of him and breathed his gulp of air into his ears; there came a figure out of the Black Myth’s mouth and entered into his ears and something strange and unknown happened. He collapsed and his men picked him from the floor. He looked around him and hath not seen the Black Myth anywhere…; then suddenly heard a voice, a voice only he could hear, he asked the men if they could hear what he head but they looked mostly unacquainted with what happened in front of them. KillWorld then sat down and listened carefully and discovered that it was the voice of the Black Myth within his head. He listened to the voice saying, ‘My dear Navael, you have all my memories of what I experienced on this earth and visions of the future, so use this gift wisely.” The strangest question would roam through the mind of KillWorld, asking himself- why the Black Myth gave him his memories and talents.

Soon the day had left the earth and night had appeared and he saw the men looking at him with great respect but also fear, so he decided to sit down with them and told them his tale; about his history and what their kind were capable of doing, he told them that they were his new people, he showed them his scars, scars of life. He told them what the mark meant in front of his head meant, how it came to remain where it were, and they were shocked. He was actually surprised to discover that he told them the history of the Black Myth. He told them he were not to be preferred to as Captain KillWorld, but as Insane, fro that was, what he became….How?.....by actually killing people for his own pleasure and making them as himself…..just so he does not feel like a misfit.
The men all slept after that, safe and sound, but he as their king stayed wide and awake. Seven days had passed and they had finally reached their destination, the end of the border, to the coast of New England. The settled there and the men looked relieved, also anxious. Before they went their ways before returning to the ship, they got their new orders….that were, steal from the rich, and give to the poor.



© 2015 Damian Vincent Henry


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on September 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 7, 2015


Author

Damian Vincent Henry
Damian Vincent Henry

Cape Town, Westen Province, South Africa



About
I was born in Cape Town, Westen Cape, South Africa. I live with my parents and two siblings. I got two dogs, well technically only one, but we adopted the other one. I am 23, and I strive to become th.. more..

Writing