Just a Dream

Just a Dream

A Poem by Dani California

 

Can you hear me

As I whisper your name?

Across the ocean

It travels in vain.

 

Can you see me

As I stretch out my hand?

Across the miles

To a distant land.

 

Can you feel me

As I caress your cheek?

Across my mind

It’s you that I seek.

 

Can you love me

As I draw you near?           

Or was it just a dream?

You were never really here.

 

 

 

© 2008 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think the fourth stanza poses the most intriguing question, in the sense that the Love itself is what may have been the dream - while the rest - was reality. Yes, I know I tend to charge out to left field sometimes; but you could be standing right next to the person and wonder if the emotions were a dream...

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautifully written :) To me, it was very haunting in a loving way hehe. I believe we all have this vision as well. We wait and wait and wait for our true love to come into our life. Then we see the person, we reach out to touch them, but as we do, they suddenly fade away in a mist as it is just only a ghost. And we are then forever haunted by these visions, and creates sorta a residual haunting, if u will hehe. This was really cool how you wrote this. I loved it!!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful. I liked this. And its sad, but such a great write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh! This is beautiful :)
So soft and elegant...Describes what true love is all about...
I loved the opening lines the most though!
"Can you hear me
As I whisper your name?
Across the ocean
It travels in vain."- Because in love distance never matters, as it has been said that the longest distance is actually the distance between two hearts....No matter if your love remains close or far from you but the thing which matters is how much close that person is to your heart and soul :)

This actually left a smile on my face and a sweet dream....dream about love!
Thanks a lot for sharing it :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dani I just Loved it!
I here in NYC more than 5,000 miles from you and not only can I hear your wispers in the dark but I feel your mighty shining presence right by my side!
What a beautiful poem of hope, love and belief!
You are truly so blessed with artistic talent that there's few words to express it but:
You're simply just too marvelous, much too marvelous for words!!!!
Just keep writing these beautiful inspiring words of hope, love and peace!
Where ever there is love, there is hope right by its side!
This site and all of us would not be as great if we didn't have your marvelous loving bright prensence here with us!
Keeping writing from your soul for the good of all our souls!
You are truly a blessing to us all!
Loved it!
Always,
TIM

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Pretty... I guess that's the first word that comes to mind Dani....Images evoked are sweet...sound, sight,
touch... I think most of us, on some level, can relate to this one.... The dream lover, forever present
...across the ocean....across the miles....across the mind.... I'm sitting here now, thinking about him....

Love inspires, right?

Smile...I wonder if he thinks of me? Wake up, love! It's only a poem :-) Feel the dream?

Oh, so lovely... I want a passport now.... Some day...

Thanks Dani!


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

what a beautiful write, girlfriend! i sometimes feel this way and you know why...it makes me think of someone that may or may not be there...the longing, the desire and the hope that it will be. i can only hope that he will be there.

you did a really nice job on this one...you go, girl!

Amanda xox

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful heart that you must have to be able to evoke such emotion in your readers with simple words. I liked the questioning of senses. Almost as if you are calling love's bluff. Reality? or just a dream ? Brilliant!!!

Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

beautiful but so sad.
a fleeting glimpse of love.
your pace and style is perfect.
gorgeous

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

i loved the questions you posed in this piece and its sort of mysterious nature. its well worded and powerful while still remaining short in length. kudos =]

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Doesn't longing just naturally lend itself to poetry! This longs and pleads and loves but it does so with dignity and style.

It is wonderful to savor. You are quite talented young lady.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2428 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 13 Libraries
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 19, 2008

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..