On Promised Wings

On Promised Wings

A Poem by Dani California

 

 

  

From promised wings, she sees your pain;

reaching for you, unnoticed, 

her efforts in vain.

Through clouds of grey, speckled with blue,

you search the skies, lost, 

as she cries for you. 

 

“Close your eyes“, she whispers to your mind,

“believe in love, trust,

and you shall find“.

You feel her voice softly tickle your ear,

closing your eyes you imagine, 

releasing all fear.

  

Eyes slowly open, before you she stands;

joy spills down your cheeks, found,

as she holds out her hands.

She kisses your lips, then softly sings

a melody of love, hope and dreams,

while soaring high on promised wings.

 

 

© 2009 Dani California


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh Dani, girl!!! This is wispy, beautiful and enchanting. One of the lovely writes that makes me breathe a huge, heavy sigh. :) It reminds me of a man who's lost all hope. At first, I think it's about an angel, reaching down from the heavens to lift him up, to carry him through his pain. But, then as I read it again, it's almost as if she's alive. There, to be with him and help heal him.

Beautifully written girl. It made me smile, huge. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i totally agree with Seriana. Enchanting is the word. beautiful job!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this was breathtaking. I loved the imagery and the rhyme scheme. The whole thing was absolutely beautiful. I also loved the picture you added to it. i need to learn how to do that eventually.

This was an excellent piece and made me smile after a long day and hard times.

Thank you so much.

cole-

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Gorgeous poetry Dani, I loved the hope inside its words and the trust so lacking today. Your prose and content is as always sublime with the tender touch you give all your work.
Kudos my friend...
Heln :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice job on this a very peaceful piece with good flow and powerful imagery... overall a very heartfelt uplifting write... great job on this one!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Peaceful and Magical....Hopeful, these qualities I see in this lovely verse, Dani. Symbolism of the dove is masterfully carried out in a tapestry of faith.

I like the quotations you have included as one can hear the woman's voice.

The last three lines in the second stanza stand out for me as she releases fear and replaces it with love, dreams, etc

I know you're big on conclusions, and yours love, is perfect :-) Very pretty...
x



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Soothing, sweet and innocent. A beautiful rendition of positive love. For me, I could take this on any level; two people, an angel and a ordinary man or two lovely doves. But it doesn't matter who I think this is a masterpiece either way. I like the title too.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Amazing , such a positive beautiful energy in this poem. I have been that man many times and some how been lifted out of the situation. Thank you for this uplifting poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
flo
very easy going...luvly n light...if this poem went on and on i would read it all night!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very soft and tranquil. i can feel a peace hug me with tis poem. It has a soft easy flow that just lulled me in to a serene feeling. Another good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A gentle and comforting lullaby; it flows with soothing words that caress the heart and mind. One can almost hear the tender humming of a loving, soft voice. Beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

751 Views
28 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on October 20, 2008
Last Updated on January 1, 2009

Author

Dani California
Dani California

CA



About
A Noiseless Patient Spiderby Walt Whitman A noiseless patient spider, I mark'd where on a little promontory it stood isolated, Mark'd how to explore the vacant vast surrounding, It launch'd fort.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..