II

II

A Chapter by Danny X

            There was a small beeping noise when I woke up and, seeing as the clock said it was 3 o’clock in the morning, I assumed it was an alert.

            “Computer, what the heck’s going on?” I asked tiredly, still hoping it was a malfunction or something.

            “Five mutants have been found and are waiting to be picked up by the Scientist. Oh, and Spike is one of them.” The computer had a British accent and a happy tone in its feminine voice, even though it was 3 in the morning. I groaned. “How is it so happy?” I thought.

            “Alright, let’s get this over with. Why can’t this ever happen before I go to sleep?” I thought aloud. Thus began the tedious business of meeting, greeting, and assigning rooms to the four random people that the M.A.A.D.D. deemed too dangerous to contain.

            The first one I met was a 17 year old boy named Anthony Spencer and he did not want to recognize that I was way above him in the chain of command. Next, there was a British girl about the same age and with the same attitude. Her name is Avalon Baxter. After she had been set up with a room opposite Anthony’s, a boy who didn’t know his age came in. He guessed he was about 15 or 16 years old and went by the name of Pen. He was blind, but he was very good at using his hands to see. The last of the strangers was called Zane. He also guessed that he was 15 or 16 years old.

            After sending him on his way to his room, I met with Spike. Spike is my 14 year old robot that I made to age, sent back in time, and helped get out of his recently deceased foster family. The reason I’m proud to call him my creation is the fact that I made him to grow and change like a normal boy. After his foster family died, I decided to use him to get information on certain people or mutants. This was the fifth time he’s gotten captured by the M.A.A.D.D., so let’s just say he’s definitely not a good spy.

            “What happened this time, Spike?” I was getting sick of doing this.

            “They snuck up on me from behind while I was talking to Kyler. He got away but I was tranquilized and captured.”

            “You jeopardized the mark? I mean I don’t exactly like the guy but the information he could supply is very important. Because of that you’re not allowed out of the Staff Lounge for 2 weeks. Then you’ll go talk to the Block-head and figure out what he knows. Get it?”

            “Got it.”

            “Good. Go on to your room. I’ll check in with you tomorrow.” He nodded his head in response as he left. After he did, I rolled over and fell asleep. This time there was no dream.



© 2014 Danny X


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on April 3, 2014
Last Updated on April 3, 2014


Author

Danny X
Danny X

About
I became insane, with horrible periods of sanity-Edgar Allen Poe more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Janie Chapter 1: Janie

A Chapter by Danny X


Chapter 2: Andy Chapter 2: Andy

A Chapter by Danny X


Chapter 3:Janie Chapter 3:Janie

A Chapter by Danny X