Abuse

Abuse

A Chapter by Courtney
"

Chapter 4 of 'I'm Watching Over You'

"

 

Abuse
The rest of the morning was dedicated to lots of explaining and questions. Daniel seemed to warm up to me very quickly. Maybe because of my beauty, he couldn’t stop staring. Every five seconds he asked the same question: “So you’re like, really an angel?” He would ask excitedly. “One hundred percent.” I would answer with a smile. “Wow.” He would whisper to himself. “So, can anyone else see you?” He asked as he looked worriedly at the door. “No, not unless I touch them.” I explained. “Oh, that’s a relief.” He sighed. “I didn’t want my mom, or worse, my dad to walk in and see you sitting here.” He said, and he imitated what his dad would do. I laughed my breezy soft laugh. Daniel looked away and blushed. That only made me laugh more.
                “So... why were you sent to watch over me?” He asked curiously. “Well, God was worried about you… because... of your dad.” I said quietly. His eyes darkened and he looked down. “Oh… that.” He said in a sad tone. “That’s why I’m here. “ I said happily. “I watch over you.” I smiled. He smiled back. “I’m glad that god sent you.” He said as he blushed and looked down. I blushed too. “I’m happy he sent me too…” I was about to reach for his hand, when we both heard a door slam open down the hall, and heavy footsteps getting louder. “Oh crap.” Daniel said as he looked at the door. “What?” I asked as I also looked at the door. “That’s my dad…” Daniel said as he stood up. “Oh god not today, not today.” He mumbled to himself. “Not today what?” I asked confused. “I suggest you not look, unless you want to start crying.” He said as he looked into my eyes. I looked back, wide-eyed. His dad pounded on the door. “Hey, kid… you up!?” He half snarled half shouted. His voice made me jump. “Close your eyes and don’t open them.” He whispered. I went over to the corner near his closet, sat down, and hugged my knees to my chest. I closed my eyes tightly; afraid of what was going to happen next.
                “If you’re up, I’m coming in!” His dad growled menacingly. “Y-yea I’m up…” Daniel stuttered, scared. I put my hands over my eyes and scrunched up as small as I could. I heard the door slam open and the sound of his dad’s heavy footsteps going across the room. I heard the shuffle of feet and the sound of Daniel choking and gasping for air. I so desperately wanted to look to see what was going on, but I knew better. “I hope your ready…” His dad growled. I flinched at his words, like he was speaking to me. It was quiet for a while, like his dad was thinking something over, then I heard sounds, like Daniel was struggling. Next thing I knew I heard a deafening smack… no doubt Daniel’s head hitting the side of his desk. I barley managed to stifle my cry, as I tried so hard not to open my eyes. I heard Daniel moan in pain, and anger mixed with complete fear, surged through me. “You ungrateful little brat!” His dad spat at him. Then, I heard his dad’s footsteps go back across the room, and he slammed the door shut with Earth shattering force.
                After a couple of minutes I hesitated to open my eyes. I slowly removed my hands from my face, shaking as I opened my eyes. They were a little blurry from being squeezed shut so tightly, so I had to blink a couple of times. When my vision was clear, my eyes rested on Daniel’s crumpled body on the floor near his desk. “Oh!” I cried as I quickly half crawled, half scampered toward him. “Daniel, are you okay!?” I cried as he rolled onto his back in pain, one hand trying to suppress the bleeding. “I’ll be okay…” He gasped in pain. I tore off part of my white undershirt and handed it to him. “Keep applying pressure…” I instructed. He slowly closed his eyes obeying my command. I took his hand in mine. “You’ll be okay…” I whispered.


© 2008 Courtney


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on September 21, 2008


Author

Courtney
Courtney

none of ur buisness u stalker ppl!!!!!, MA



About
Hola ppls!! My name is Courtney, and I love to write. Mostly when im bored... >.> more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Courtney