Sacrifice

Sacrifice

A Chapter by Courtney
"

The 6th chapter in 'I'm Watching Over You'

"

 

Sacrifice
                I tried so hard to resist the force, to grab onto anything that I could reach, but it was no use. Before I was dragged out of the room, I saw a tear run down Daniel’s cheek. I was dragged out of his house and onto his front lawn. My wings snapped open without my command, and I rose into the night sky. I screamed, kicked and fought as hard as I could, but the force that was pulling me was persistent, and wouldn’t stop. As soon as I got back to the cloud that housed God’s castle the force let me go and dropped me. I stumbled to my feet. A million thoughts were running through my head. Why? Why did he send me back? He needed me… I thought he loved me. What is he going to do? Die? Kill himself? That thought stopped me. I froze, my breath caught in my throat. I can’t let him do that! I thought to myself. I walked over to the edge of the cloud, and before I jumped I looked back at the castle, my home. “I’m sorry…” I whispered before I jumped off the cloud and into the cool night sky.
                My heart was pounding in my chest as I flew toward Daniel’s house. The cool night sky whipping past me as I sped toward Suluth. I have to stop him!  I said to myself, as the blood rushed through my ears. Ten minutes later I pounded to a stop in front of Daniel’s house. I snapped in my wings quickly. Too quickly. Pain shot from my shoulder blades and down my back, but I ignored the pain. I ran up to his front door and slammed it open. His dad didn’t even look up from watching TV. Thank god he can’t see me. I half ran half stumbled up the stairs, and skidded around the top post too quickly. I slammed into the wall, but continued to run down the hallway toward Daniel’s room.
                “Daniel!!!” I shouted as I got closer to the door. “Don’t do it!!” I yelled breathlessly as I threw open the door, and it slammed against the wall. I froze. Daniel was sitting on his bed, with a black gun… in his right hand. He was slowly raising it to his head. “Daniel! What the hell do you think your doing!!!???” I screamed as I ran over to him and took the gun away. But he wouldn’t let go. He looked at me with blazing eyes. “I thought I sent you back.” He spat at me. “Well, I came back.” I growled. “Angel’s can come back… but they will pay a price… a severe price.” I said as I glared at him. “Well, I hope you get the death penalty.” He whispered menacingly. I gasped. “Why do you hate me all of a sudden!!!???” I snapped. “I don’t want you to protect me! This is what I want!” He looked into my eyes.  “Well, you’re not going to die!” I screamed at him as I yanked the gun free from his hand. “Sophia, give it back.” He whispered angrily. “No.” I said simply as I glared into his beautiful brown eyes. I started to raise the gun to my head, when Daniel launched himself at me and tried to get the gun away.
He knocked me to the floor and my breath came out in a whoosh. I kicked him off of me, and stumbled to my feet, breathing hard. He was starting to stand up on the other side of the room, using the wall for support. “I’m sorry Daniel…” I said softly, “But an angel’s job is to protect her human… even if it means dying to save them…” I said breathlessly as I looked into his brown eyes for the last time. “Sophia…” He whispered, “you wouldn’t… you wouldn’t do that just for me… I’m worthless!!! You don’t have to do this!” He yelled as he took a shaky step toward me. I backed up against the wall. I’m sorry…” I whispered. “But it’s the only way I can save you…” I held the gun up to my head, and tears started to stream down my cheeks. “I love you…” I barley whispered. And the last sound I heard was the bang of the gun.


© 2008 Courtney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on September 22, 2008


Author

Courtney
Courtney

none of ur buisness u stalker ppl!!!!!, MA



About
Hola ppls!! My name is Courtney, and I love to write. Mostly when im bored... >.> more..

Writing
Mask Mask

A Poem by Courtney